Author Topic: Corazzo jackets in Minneapolis  (Read 1794 times)

Offline stevet

• Gaggle Hero
  • What would Mr. Happy Puppet do?
Corazzo jackets in Minneapolis
« on: November 08, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »
The scooter world is probably a bit more familiar with the Corazzo jacket brand than the motorcycle world, but my local Minneapolis Guzzi dealer, Mill City Motorcycles/Scooterville, is an established Corazzo dealer.  Corazzo is closing out some of their older styles, a few of which were manufactured in Canada, and this dealer has brought in a bunch of that closeout gear and selling it at the sale prices shown at the Corazzo website. 

http://www.corazzo.net/

http://www.millcitymotorcycles.com/

After an unexpected infusion of some discretionary funds, I bought a Men's 5.0 in khaki/red stripe with 3M reflective striping (red and reflective striping is on the back as well).  $199.

Man, do I like this jacket.  1000 denier Cordura that is not stiff at all, Knox armor in the back, shoulders and elbows, and nice venting in the pits and back.  The collar sits high around the neck when off the bike but when on both my Stone and FJR the collar is perfect, weird how that works.  (I thought of taking it to a tailor to alter the collar, but it's fine on the bikes.)  I was also interested in the red 5.0 I saw at the website, so when I found more had come in after the khaki purchase, including the red, I went in again and came out with a red 5.0.  (I am so weak...)  The 5.0 also fits well with cool weather layering underneath.  They aren't the wearable suitcase of pockets like my 'Stich Darien, but that's okay with me.  It's got 2 side pockets and an upper right chest pocket that will hold your cell phone and wallet (as long as you don't have a George Costanza-esque wallet).  If these jackets had a Moto Guzzi patch on them, they'd look like factory accessories.

They also have some of the Corazzo Speedway model jackets, similar to the 5.0 but designed for summer use as it is ringed with a mesh venting strip around the jacket.  And one of those closeout boxes was full of Corazzo gloves, too.

If you are in the Twin Cities and in need of a new jacket (even with Aerostich being 2 hours up the highway), check these out.  And they'd be happy to show you their Guzzi inventory, too.

I have no financial interest, just a happy customer sharing my experience.

Steve.
Steve T.
Twin Cities, MN
Sophia, '16 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
Feejer, '10 Yamaha FJR
"Il Viaggiatore", The Traveler. A.K.A. Via. 2017 FIAT 124 Spider Classica

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are."
-George Eastman.

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Corazzo jackets in Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
Those are great looking jackets. Ive been interested in that style and color, but found an alternative thats a bit longer & fully lined. Nice review on the Corazzo.
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
Those are great looking jackets. Ive been interested in that style and color, but found an alternative thats a bit longer & fully lined. Nice review on the Corazzo.

What jacket did you find?

Thanks for the review on the Corazzo, those are cool! Do those have interior pockets?
Ken
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:12:14 PM by Moto Fugazzi »
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline stevet

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 09:33:40 PM »
I checked my jackets and yes, there is an interior pocket, a zippered pocket made from the same mesh liner of the jacket itself.  Again, cell phone/wallet size.

I just discovered this brand at a recent visit to the shop.  Apparently the 5.0 model jacket was around for several years and was popular in the scooter scene, so I am very happy that my late discovery of this now discontinued jacket netted me a couple examples that fit me.  (I'm stocked for many years now.)  If you look for dealers at the Corazzo website, you see that most are scooter dealers.  But this isn't a light duty jacket.  1000 denier Cordura and Knox armor are some of the best.  Get 'em while they last.

Steve.
Steve T.
Twin Cities, MN
Feejer, '10 Yamaha FJR

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are."
-George Eastman.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 09:33:40 PM »

Offline Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 08:02:38 AM »
Is Leo's no longer the Guzzi dealer there?

Mike
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Offline stevet

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »
Leo's website still shows Guzzi (I don't think I've ever gone in), but I'm liking Mill City/Scooterville.

Steve.
Steve T.
Twin Cities, MN
Feejer, '10 Yamaha FJR

-George Eastman.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here