Author Topic: Chinas Motorcycle Expo  (Read 2519 times)

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
Chinas Motorcycle Expo
« on: October 05, 2017, 01:58:08 PM »
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

oldbike54

Re: Chinas Motorcycle Expo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:44:15 PM »
Electrics  will be here before we know it. .

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:55:42 PM »
The 3 wheel Solo is built just down the road from me in New Westminster BC
A lady I know has the first one off the assembly line and loves it.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
now...

I have no issue with China trying to get into bike market...well, they had been trying for quite a few years already, but man, AT LEAST change out the badges for some of the bikes?!?!?!

Completely rip off of KTM, Honda, Aprilla, Triumph, Harley....this bugs the shit out of me, and I came from that region...yes, I am a South East Asian.

Guess they didn't copy Moto Guzzi made me a little happy and sad at the same time..lol

As for battery-powered...it is coming...

Electrical Power vehicle was actually already around for a long time, it is just that the internal combustion vehicle was promoted so hard that it overshadowed the achievement of the electrical ones.

This caused the development of the electric vehicle to stall...until now, especially with the government mandate and aiming to stop all internal combustion by 2020....
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »
A few years ago a Chinese copy of a Piaggio MP3 was confiscated by govt. in annual Euro. bike show like this.   Never heard anything about it afterwards.

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »
There are millions of electric bikes, scooters and trikes in China, I swear they are all governed to the same speed, about 20 mph, they go from brand new to 40 years old in about 2 days.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »
I have a Chinese made enduro 250, made by Zongshen.  It's been a great bike so far.  Well built, easy to work on, and no problems.  I recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, but quality made 250 dirt/street bike.  Look up CSC motorcycles.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Moto

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 07:55:50 PM »
I have no issue with China trying to get into bike market...well, they had been trying for quite a few years already, but man, AT LEAST change out the badges for some of the bikes?!?!?!

I bet some of those badges are authorized. In particular, one or two bikes are described as being released as both an Aprilia and a Chinese-named model.  I found that Italjet had entered just such a deal last year. What if Piaggio -- who I think still own the Aprilia label -- are really going down this path?? Maybe this will be rebadged as the new Moto Guzzi Griso, come Milano:

Could be worse...?

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »
I bet some of those badges are authorized. In particular, one or two bikes are described as being released as both an Aprilia and a Chinese-named model.  I found that Italjet had entered just such a deal last year. What if Piaggio -- who I think still own the Aprilia label -- are really going down this path?? Maybe this will be rebadged as the new Moto Guzzi Griso, come Milano:

Could be worse...?

It’s possible what you are saying it’s true...especially for the Asian bikes to come out as international maker.

As for being as a Griso replacement...errr. ..please no lpl

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »
Though "Akira" was a pretty cool film (and made a great case for electric recumbents), I still find myself dreading electric motorcycles. Damn, I'm just starting to get comfortable with digital fuel injection!
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 10:43:04 AM »
Pretty blatant ripoff of the KTM Duke here:

It's called a "Dake".

The mini Monster's are actually sold here in the US by SSR:

A friend of mine actually just bought one to use as a pit bike.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/street/razkull.php

2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »

Electrical Power vehicle was actually already around for a long time, it is just that the internal combustion vehicle was promoted so hard that it overshadowed the achievement of the electrical ones.

So you think that people have been buying gasoline engines instead of electric vehicles for 100 years because the IC lobby and manufacturers were so successful in promoting IC over electric?   :embarrassed:

Nothing to do with range, function, performance and like that?  :cool:

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »
So you think that people have been buying gasoline engines instead of electric vehicles for 100 years because the IC lobby and manufacturers were so successful in promoting IC over electric?   :embarrassed:

Nothing to do with range, function, performance and like that?  :cool:

Lannis

oh you misunderstood me,

I am saying the electrical option was already explored back in the early 19th century.

However, due to the push for a better IC engine design, politics and easier accessibility of fossil fuel, more manufacturer went the IC route. Because of that, the electrical side never really took off.

That is why electrical engine's efficiency is still lacking especially on the portable longevity side of things.

not until the reason maybe 15~20 years when the global business starts to pay more attention to the electrical side.

honestly tho, if you look at efficiency of the electrical motor (easily 50~80%), it is hella better than an IC engine which is around 20%

However, as most public, I still won't own one until I know the millage and refuelling issues are resolved.

Also IC engine is just that much easier to work on compare to electrical if anything goes haywire...

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »

oh you misunderstood me,

Wouldn't be the first time!   :embarrassed:

I am saying the electrical option was already explored back in the early 19th century.

However, due to the push for a better IC engine design, politics and easier accessibility of fossil fuel, more manufacturer went the IC route. Because of that, the electrical side never really took off.

I guess I don't agree that that's a major reason why electrics "never took off".   Maybe some minor part, but not the main reason.   

If some engineering entrepreneur had come up with an electric car in 1920 or 1930 or 1950 or 1970 or 2000, either on his own or with a team, that would run 70 MPH for 300 miles and could be recharged in a few minutes ... they would have been as rich as Henry Ford.   No politics or "buying them off" could have discouraged them or prevented them from being multi-billionaires ... IF they had been able to come up with battery technology and control systems that would have matched automobiles to the need in the big wide USA.  If those systems had been demonstrated, the distribution system (grid) could easily been modified to match - much easier than the system of refineries, pipelines, tankers, underground storage, and pumps that's required for gasoline.

But they weren't, because 20th century physics and engineering, not willpower or politics

honestly tho, if you look at efficiency of the electrical motor (easily 50~80%), it is hella better than an IC engine which is around 20%

However, as most public, I still won't own one until I know the millage and refuelling issues are resolved.

Also IC engine is just that much easier to work on compare to electrical if anything goes haywire...

True.  Although I don't think that the actual motor efficiency means much to folks - the question (as you say) is going to be cost per mile and how far can I go .... 

And if we actually get practical, affordable electric cars someday (and that's still a big IF, 110 years on and counting   :clock: , with sparks, spurs, and bells on), shade tree mechanics will be buying armature upgrades from JC Whitney ("U-Convert-M Magic 2 barrel to 4 barrel Manifold!  Custom fit!") within the month ... !!   :thumb:

Lannis
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:01:53 PM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here