Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Inner Tubes - what model?
« Last post by kingoffleece on Today at 06:30:10 AM »
Absolutely what be just said.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Cam3512 on Today at 05:52:13 AM »
Rick,

Over the last couple years I’ve move to electric on all my outdoor equipment.  Powerwasher (plug in), lawn mower, weed wacker, blower, small chain saw, etc.  Most are Dewalt with interchangeable batteries.  I was fed up with trying to start the gas powered stuff after sitting in the shed for 5 months.  No regrets.  We still have winter out here.

Cam

General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by MCR on Today at 05:29:59 AM »
Thanks for the help.

I went ahead, even though I could smell burning/hot oil when I got close to the heads.

Three owners in 11,400 miles, with the last one doing just 300, suggests there is something wrong.

So far I’ve discovered a major leak from what appears to be the rocker box breather on the left cylinder.

Will a new clamp fix it, or will I need to pull the tank and replace both.

Thanks.  :-)

I solved replacing both pipes not with the expensive originals but with two bigger siliconic pipes inverting the left and right connection to filter box. The originals are tight and are crossed due to installation process. If you have more free time than in Guzzi production line, you can create more efficient and robust solution.
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by Manuelagrant on Today at 04:19:43 AM »
Looking at the EICMA videos for the 2024 V85TT launch, it seems like there's a new OEM tank bag on the horizon. I'm holding out for that, but the SW-Motech stuff looks great too.
General Discussion / Re: April meet n greet lunch, Ga/Tn/Nc etc
« Last post by bobrebos1 on Today at 03:13:59 AM »
Yep, hoping for good weather at Suches! 
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by faffi on Today at 02:14:05 AM »
85-year old bump start his single
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xC_rzJBOu0
« Last post by faffi on Today at 02:11:36 AM »
I like having a 90-degree valve stem, makes it easier to check air pressure and fill air.

I would not recommend using a tube too big, be that in diameter or size, because it can cause wrinkels that again can chafe against the inner walls of the tire that over time can lead to a blow-out. YMMV. Nor would I use a tube that is too small, because it will over-stretch and hence become weaker. Of course, in a pinch, one would fit whatever could take you home, but then with caution until the correct tube could be fitted.

Another preference is natural rubber tubes. They do have one downside compared to butyl tubes in that they do leak a little air all the time, requiring more frequent checking of air pressure. However, natural rubber rarely rupture when punctured, wheres butyl virtually always rupture. In case of a puncture, the natural rubber gives you more warning before going flat, whereas the butyl tend to deflate instantly, which can lead to a crash if unlucky.

General Discussion / Re: Looking at a 2013 Norge 8V with 11,000 miles
« Last post by normzone on Today at 12:25:19 AM »
Just approach the task gently and don’t build up enormous loads in one spot. If you picture what a tensioning spoke does as ti displaces the rim inwards and across, it starts to make a surprising amount of sense.
It’s like wiping your ass, hard to describe in print, but relatively easy to do in practice. No the cases are as dry as a Mother in Law’s kiss.

Confused, still waiting for download of Huzo instructions to get MIL to KMA ...
General Discussion / Re: Looking at a 2013 Norge 8V with 11,000 miles
« Last post by Bulldog9 on April 23, 2024, 11:53:32 PM »
I had an 08 - 2valve.  Bought it in 2017 with only 10,000 miles on it so don't let the low mileage  scare you off.  Rode it from Florida to Nova Scotia Canada and back.  Bike never missed a beat and always returned 48-52MPG.  The comment about the fairing providing
good weather protection is spot on.  We had rain 18 of the 21 days on the trip.  Adjusted the windshield and the rain basically went right over my helmet leaving me in a nice pocket of almost dry air. One of if not the best road bike I have ever owned.  I only sold it after a shoulder injury and doctors recommendation to stop riding for awhile.
If I didn't own a Breva 1200 Sport now I would definitely have another Norge.

As much as I love my 1200 Sport, I am wanting more weather protection so this summer will be picking up a Norge and likely selling the 1200 Sport at some point.
« Last post by Dirk_S on April 23, 2024, 11:12:11 PM »
I haven’t ordered tubes yet that didn’t fit, but I do recollect seeing the various valve stem types mentioned in those descriptions. Anyway, I just tend to order the same size tube as the tire, although I often times will just buy an 18 and not a 17, as the 18 can often be used for the rear as well. Looking forward to someone clarifying the type demarcation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here