Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Around the world on a LeMans 850
« Last post by guzzi ride on Today at 06:03:17 AM »
A great read and one hell of an adventure. Highly recommended  :thumb:
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Error on Today at 01:03:50 AM »

I pulled the oil pan and cleaned it. It makes sense now that I was only getting the mayo out of the rear plug, but the pan design has me a bit confused. Mighty different to the 90s Honda car engines I’m used to 😂.

If anyone has a good link to describe how the oiling system in this bike works, please send it over. Still trying to educate myself.

I’m grabbing some redline 10w30 to run in the bike tomorrow. Rainy days here for a while, so not a big rush.
I won't wear a mesh jacket again after my experience with my Tourmaster Transition 3 a few years ago.

I rode across South Dakota, into Montana and Wyoming and returned home to south eastern Minnesota. I was cool as a cucumber the whole time but couldn't stay hydrated. I had no idea how bad things were. My first indication of a problem was when I began to mix up my clutch and brake levers. I even rode strait through a 4 way stop at 60+ mph.  Then I hit some 70 degree weather and nearly froze.

The ideal weather for a mesh jacket is so narrow that it just simply cannot be used for touring IME. I don't trust it in a high speed crash/slide. I would only consider mesh in a low-speed, short distance commuting scenario and nothing more. For off-road, I'd get MX stuff with a good jerse/pant/ etc. 

Today I wear a black Aerostich Darien Gore-tex jacket and overpant combo. In all weather. Rain or shine. 30 degrees or 110 degrees.

The Iron Butt crowd has it figured out. I go through half the water and never become disorientated/confused/dehydrated. I'm waterproof when it rains. These suits have been crash tested by many riders over many years and the results tend to be quite good.
General Discussion / Re: Recommendations for a first enduro bike?
« Last post by bacongrease on April 25, 2024, 10:59:58 PM »
 :huh:

Z.       HD    Sportster....

:bike-037:        :boozing:
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 25, 2024, 10:35:16 PM »
Honda XR650L.  I've ridden them extensively and though they are old school, they are fantastic.  That's why they're still making them after all these years.  A person your size would need very little modification, maybe none, to the stock bike.
« Last post by snobear on April 25, 2024, 08:38:46 PM »
I expect you could make a DR650 work good for you with a few modifications
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by John Croucher on April 25, 2024, 08:36:47 PM »
Color matters, white or light gray.  That was the first criteria on my list.
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by n3303j on April 25, 2024, 06:51:46 PM »
If it doesn't start the problem lies elsewhere. The silly thing will start and run (although poorly) on one cylinder. All the fiddling is just to get the timing more close to correct.

OTOH It's easy enough to have the points firing the incorrect cylinder. Wouldn't be the first time someone mixed up D & S along the way.

Engine is a just fine tractor that wants to run given gas, air, spark and compression in reasonably correct amounts and times.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 25, 2024, 06:31:03 PM »
Those look pretty close and can probably be easily tweaked into a different orientation if needed.  They don’t appear to be a special, complicated or proprietary design.

Glad to share pics of mine if it will help..

Yes, please do!  Thx
General Discussion / Re: Around the world on a LeMans 850
« Last post by Chuck in Indiana on April 25, 2024, 06:23:44 PM »
I know a guy (electronically) that did that. With his girl friend on the back.. :shocked:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here