Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505946 times)

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #1050 on: August 15, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »
That is why it is called a firewall.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1051 on: August 15, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »
M It was blowing 1200 F right at the firewall, and this could have ended badly.

That's why they call them "firewalls", so that things DON'T end badly in that situation ... Sounds like you did good overall ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #1052 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:27 PM »
OH MY Chuckie !

Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #1053 on: August 16, 2015, 05:18:09 AM »
Just come back from spending nine wonderful days in Brisbane sunshine at the bro-in-laws place. Great holiday. :thumb:  Now back to cold,  drizzly, miserable weather here in Christchurch with work tomorrow. :sad:  Bring on retirement!
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1053 on: August 16, 2015, 05:18:09 AM »

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1054 on: August 17, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »
RIP Big Blanco.
King of the 23rd Street cat colony,  Hurricane Ike survivor, terror to rats and snakes.  Showed up as a young male after Ike. Immediately set to slaughtering all types of vermin that had been displaced by the flooding, including water moccasins. Avoided capture and neutering for over a year. Viglantly guarded the driveway and carport for seven years until today.  Tolerated me, loved my wife.  Died peacefully in her arms.  Not a big cat person myself, BB aka Snowball earned my respect.
Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

oldbike54

« Reply #1055 on: August 17, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »
 Sad news Dave , lost a 13 year old Rot/Shepard last week . She had hip problems for a while , think she just thought it was time . Also a terror for rodents , maybe they will meet up .

Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #1056 on: August 17, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
Dusty,

Sorry to hear about your puppy..... that is always difficult.  Remember there is a dog heaven...poodles send a tail wag

oldbike54

« Reply #1057 on: August 17, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »
Dusty,

Sorry to hear about your puppy..... that is always difficult.  Remember there is a dog heaven...poodles send a tail wag

Thanks Greg, she was ready , down to one old guy now , 15 years and counting .

Dusty

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1058 on: August 18, 2015, 07:07:15 AM »
Sorry to hear about the Rottie.  If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as a Guzzista's dog or one of my wife's cats.  On a lighter note specks were biting on the beachfront yesterday.  Shark tried to eat the fish off my stringer as I backstroke in from the third bar.  Speckled trout in a brow butter sauce with rice and a salad washed down with a dry California rose' for dinner.  A little recreation and a good dinner to mitigate a sad morning.
What no condolences for my cat LD.  You heartless poodleer.  :evil:
Best wishes to all for cool weather and longer rides till we all met at that big NAR in the sky.
Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline MGPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #1059 on: August 18, 2015, 10:12:57 AM »
Memorable, Dusty.. memorable. That's not always good,  :smiley: but it is what it is.
...wasn't a blown exhaust gasket, it was an eroded exhaust pipe that came apart at the flange.

Glad it was something that's relatively easy to fix.

I was flying my (now sold; www.rf5b.com) motorglider from Seattle to Ohio. Part way across Nebraska, the CO meter started chirping. Crack in the exhaust. A crop duster helped me find a welder who could weld stainless. Landed on the grass strip at the airport where the welder was located, only to find they hadn't mown it in a month (no NOTAM; couldn't tell until the earth started to disappear in tall grass)....which brought about a second set of repairs.  Ugh.  Hope yours is a non-event.
2014 Morgan Three Wheeler

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1060 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:22 PM »
I learned two very interesting and important facts today.

1) There is ONE actor from the 1939 "The Wizard of Oz" still alive today.   He's the "Lollipop Guild" dude that handed Dorothy a lollipop in Munchkin City.   95 years old and still hanging in there ....

2) The actor that plays "Immortan Joe" in "Mad Max - Fury Road" is the same guy that played "The Toecutter" in the original "Mad Max".   I guarantee you he's had some fun ....

That's all.   

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1061 on: August 30, 2015, 12:49:13 PM »

My day was SPECTACULAR. 

Speckled Trout

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Offline gsf12man

• Gosling
« Reply #1062 on: September 05, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
Where was the Red Goose today?

Tom K.

Suzuki V-Strom DL650A

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #1063 on: September 12, 2015, 08:52:40 AM »
Took the day off yesterday to ride up to Seacoast and get some routine maintenance done, including the new map for the V7.  Rode through some heavy mist and showers on the way up as the weather was moving out of the area, but the sun came out while I was at the dealership.  After 1 1/2 hours of looking at beautiful Italian bikes, trying on different helmets, and shooting the breeze with the great folks at Seacoast, took the long way home and air-dried the gear en route.  Fridays don't bet much better than that.  :bike-037:
Owen

2014 V7 Special

oldbike54

« Reply #1064 on: September 12, 2015, 11:05:27 AM »
 No they don't  :bike-037:

Can't make the Canton deal , a few things had to be dealt with . Will go for a ride today , weather is nice , birds are singing  :smiley:

Dusty

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #1065 on: September 12, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »
See the Northern Colorado World Guzzi Day ride report at http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=78352.0
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1066 on: October 04, 2015, 03:53:47 AM »
Ya'all been a bit quiet on the Northern Front?

had a great Saturday.  Bike re-registered for the next 7 months.  Guz fired up straight away and settled in to a smooth idle, even with 5 month old gas in it.  A shop was having a big sale so I ambled over on Guz to see what I could score.  Been looking for a cheap 5" side grinder as it really annoys me to have to change from slitting disk to grinding disk and back again all the time.  Not only got one for a good price, also scored a three speed heat gun with variable thermostat for under 1/2 price.  Very happy.  The bike never missed a beat and ran like a Swiss watch. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Weather was warm and I spent the afternoon puddling in my nephew's garden  He is too busy,  does not like gardening and I do.  Gives me a whole heap of garden space to grow stuff I don't have room for, and he can help himself as well.  I love it when a plan comes together. Also wants me to be his gardener next year when I retire.  I like the sound of that.

On an overall happy note, I have finally got in to a physio after over 6 months to sort out the hamstring I damaged.  Turns out the guy used to be the physio for the All Blacks. Got more sorted out and info gathered to two sessions than I ever had in 5.1/2 years of medical professionals. Three sessions and the constant pain in my legs has GONE!!!!! Seriously think I can do the 560 odd kms to get to the Tattley Rappet in one day instead of two days of butt ache. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11 weeks until I retire.  Life is looking good at this stage. :grin:
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #1067 on: October 04, 2015, 08:13:07 AM »
  That is good news Muzz  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1068 on: October 04, 2015, 03:51:16 PM »
Well, this last Thursday, after registering the white `77 Convert. I acquired from
Wes Stephens about a month ago that he won in a raffle @ the MGNOC NM Datil Rally, I installed it's Az. vintage MC plate, added a black fairing, strapped on RevPack gray saddlepacks & black luggage bag on back seat, I test rode it down to Sam's Club to buy some stuff and bring it back for a 102 mi. test ride including a 6% grade.  It did the deed with flying colors and convinced me it has enough power to meet my needs at this point in my life.  I plan to put a faux trike kit on it and hand it to the wife for her rig this winter.   This Convert. has cowboy type(police?) handlebars and fortunately I already had a fairing that pretty much covers your whole upper body/hands w/o being humongous at the same time on it now.  :cool:

The bike came with what looks like a euro large like new tinted windshield that bolts right onto the Tonti forks.  It is too big for our tastes, but is just the ticket for a bigger rider than us if someone likes that look.  If you might be interested in it let me know.  If you were @ the Datil rally you saw what it looks like.

I used to have a `80 Convert. I pulled a hack and tent trailer with at different times, but this Convert. seems to be in better shape than that 1 was.  Sure like those 6+ gallon gas tanks.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:55:42 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1069 on: October 04, 2015, 04:08:35 PM »
Raced - 1/2 mile swim, 15 mile bike & 3 mile run. Drama on the bike today, my chain came off & I had to push my bike up a hill  :angry:

All the evil investment bankers of Newport Beach on their carbon fiber bikes re-passed me & I had to put up with with their snickers & jeers  :embarassed:

Finished somewhere in the upper 1/3 for all age groups.
:thumb:

Flippity Floppity Floop

bpreynolds

« Reply #1070 on: October 04, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »
Pretty good here.  Jogged, worked out, picked up a chain breaker for the T-Bird from the slow boat store, and installed the new V7 Isotta touring screen. 

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1071 on: October 14, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »
At the moment, not so good Dusty.  On Monday I was rear ended as I was returning home in my Mitsubishi Lancer works van.  Tuesday I was ok, but then on Wednesday I woke up and the neck and right shoulder were BAD. :cry:  Now Thursday, and after a rough night it is STILL bad. :cry: :cry: Taking Tramadol which takes the edge off for a couple of hours but the ache is incessant.  I have the Tattley Rappet Guzzi rally coming Thursday week,  so I hope it has settled down by then.  Doubt if I could ride 1 km. at the moment,  let alone 600 odd.
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #1072 on: October 14, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
 Damn Muzz , tramadol can be effective , sorry it isn't lasting . Sending a PM .

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1073 on: October 14, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »
Worked my buns off, Dusty.. thanks for asking.  :smiley:
Thought about working out and decided to do some real work instead. Organized, swept, vacuumed, and mopped the shop and hanger. Whew.. took most of the day.
(When I was a kid of 60, I wouldn't have even thought about that being work..)   :smiley: :boozing:
Muzz.. sorry to hear your day was much worse than mine.  :sad:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #1074 on: October 14, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Excellent Dusty.  Work trip. 200 miles. Nice and cool (never above 50F). Pretty trees everywhere. No traffic. Loving this bike!

Nick

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #1075 on: October 14, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
Thanks for asking.  I'll title this installment "HOW TO ADD $120 AND A WEEK TO A FLAT TIRE REPAIR"

Jimmy van stopped running Friday last week.  Luckily I had a flat tire at the time and wasn't taking it anywhere, and luckily the tire went down in the driveway after a night of chasing northern lights.  Bad news was it was sidewall damage and the tire needs replacing.  So I aired it up, and went to go to the shop for a new tire.  I didn't make it far.  Engine cranked but wouldn't start.

The good news was that the tire held air overnight, though not much longer.  So I could get it to the shop if I could start it.  Bad news was that there's been about 12" of rain since Friday, and the van is outside.  I troubleshot the hell out of it during the lighter periods of rain.  Starter fluid didn't help, so it's not fuel.  Air cleaner is cleaned and dry.  A grounded park plug doesn't spark.  Why?  I've GOT 12.4V at the battery and voltage to the coil and voltage to the hall effect pickup on the dizzy.  Also good voltage to the control module.  However, no modulation at any wire when I crank.  Conclusion:  ignition control module. 

I pulled it on Sat and NAPA confirmed it bad.  Third one, and the only real 'failure' of the van singe '98 when I got it.  Ebay has them starting at $9.00.  NAPA wants $120 with the good guy discount.  I went with NAPA on account of I've tried the cheap ones already, and NAPA has a 5y/5k warranty on theirs.  Part arrived today.  Installed and the engine fires as soon as I think about turning the key.  Now I have to reassemble the 'dog house' engine hatch and continue on to fixing the flat tire.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1076 on: October 14, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »
It never rains but it pours is an old Indiana saying.. :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
« Reply #1077 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46:54 PM »
Excellent Dusty.  Work trip. 200 miles. Nice and cool (never above 50F). Pretty trees everywhere. No traffic. Loving this bike!

Nick

Gorgeous Quota!  I knew of and met an old guy in San Diego that swore by his Quota... An old timer motorcycle racer in the 1950's that set a record on a Vincent black shadow... Sonny Angel was his name I think.  Interested guy with interesting motorcycles... Loved his Quota

oldbike54

« Reply #1078 on: October 14, 2015, 08:57:31 PM »
Gorgeous Quota!  I knew of and met an old guy in San Diego that swore by his Quota... An old timer motorcycle racer in the 1950's that set a record on a Vincent black shadow... Sonny Angel was his name I think.  Interested guy with interesting motorcycles... Loved his Quota

Probably was Sonny , long time Guzzi dealer and innovator .

Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #1079 on: October 14, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
Dusty,

Back from week in Colorado.  Amazing trip.  Mom is doing so-so.  Aspens incredible, and weather perfect.  Even caught two large cutthroat trout in Lime Creek (anyone interested in pix).  I need to catch up after being gone most of the last 3 week.  Don't have to get up 5 AM to go to miserable work with Mr. Boss:  I am retired.  Hope you are doing great!  Bummed about Astros.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here