Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508774 times)

oldbike54

Re: How was your day
« Reply #1140 on: January 30, 2016, 09:49:51 PM »
 I have very few bad days , life is good and all of that . However , in the last 30 minutes two carefully prepared meals have have gone on the floor . DAMNIT  !

OK , no more whining about my first world problems , there are folks facing REAL issues . Sorry for complaining  :embarrassed:

Dusty

Penderic

« Reply #1141 on: January 30, 2016, 10:05:10 PM »
Dusty, when the little things get you down, just remember:

It can always get worse!

It could be raining.

oldbike54

« Reply #1142 on: January 30, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »
Dusty, when the little things get you down, just remember:

It can always get worse!

It could be raining.

One of these days I need to watch that movie ...

Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1143 on: January 30, 2016, 10:39:58 PM »
One of these days I need to watch that movie ...

Dusty

FRAU BLUHER!! :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1143 on: January 30, 2016, 10:39:58 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #1144 on: January 30, 2016, 10:55:59 PM »

FRAU BLUHER!! :thumb:

Once again my lack of pop culture knowledge forces me to use Google .

Dusty

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1145 on: January 30, 2016, 11:24:34 PM »
             My 70th birthday began with a surprise visit by the little GKs, the day before the due date. Their dad brought them round with a card they made themselves and before they left I was presented with a bouquet of frangipanis, gathered from under a neighbour's tree. In the meantime, while here, they did a tour of inspection of my life's trophies which led to a great deal of reminiscing and I really can't say who got the most out of the afternoon, me or them, such was the rapport encouraged by their enquiring little minds. Their dad asked some good questions too :grin:
            On the Official day, my GF took me out to dinner that night, something we had not done for months owing to disability on my part but all went well and even the weather cooperated.
            Friends had invited us to a birthday dinner last year and we drove down for the Third Celebration to Northern NSW, last Friday night. Festivities commenced with nibbles and a very light Rose, after which I was toasted with Moet, a mouth watering little beverage of which my hosts insisted that the guest of honour also partake. It was not all that formal an occasion :wink: Soon, followed an entree of prawns flambeed in Cognac, calling for my partner's New Zealand Sav Blanc.
           Meanwhile, lurking at my right hand, a decanted 8 y o Cabernet-Merlot awaited the serving of the main course, that being in my case, Filet Mignon. What a way to eat, what a way to drink :grin: My host who had planned everything, cooked everything and who knows what else (paid for everything) took a fancy to my ignominious Shiraz and somehow or other, both it and the to-die-for, Cab-Merlot, disappeared quite rapidly. This, in spite of his forays in to several boutique beers, garnered from the custom brewers of the Northern Rivers.
            By this time gentle reader, you will have surmised that my host is a man endowed not only with generosity but of a sturdy, almost reckless indifference to the stupefying effects of alcohol and so it will come as no surprise that the night's denouement was supported by the sampling of some J W Blue, making six different kinds of drink in one night. We cabbed it home, calling it a night at 1am. It was probably just as well that I did not drive that day. If my breath had been tested the :copcar: would have locked me up but my friend did his usual run and swim the next morning.
           It had been not just a good birthday but an exceedingly good week and Saturday was spent being driven around the Northern Rivers, taking in and reacquainting myself with, the great roads all of which reminded me of my motorcycle and what I have been missing.

But don't feel too sorry for me.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #1146 on: January 31, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
             My 70th birthday began ..........But don't feel too sorry for me.

All right then, I won't. :grin:

Congrats on your 70th. :thumb:

I have had J.W. Green which was pretty good, the Blue I'm afraid, will probably never pass my lips. :cry: :cry:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1147 on: January 31, 2016, 06:16:29 AM »
Got up with the chickens, ran out to the aerodrome, and met the Kid (on right) and his friend Jon, who I took on his first airplane ride many years ago. Brad had just bought his first antique airplane..cheap..(Guzzi content) and this was the first day with decent weather to get it to Wisconsin.
1-006 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline blackbuell

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad
« Reply #1148 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »
We try to get in a few rides per month in the winter; usually must really bundle up. However, the crazy winter weather continues here in Northern Kentucky: we took a nice long ride on the Norge, wearing just light weight clothing/gear. As we often do, we ended our ride with a beer at the Rabbit Hash general store (a local MC gathering place). Generally when we ride there in January we are one of only 2-3 MC's there. No so yesterday; the place was very busy; must have been 30-40 MC's there. Looking forward to another ride today,

Jon
Bikes: 2007 Norge, YAM RD250, 2017 Indian Scout. 2021 V7 850 Special

I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah

Offline Bradkap

• New Egg
« Reply #1149 on: January 31, 2016, 07:21:31 AM »
Left Cincinnati at 930 am temps were approx. 36F.  Rode to Columbus IN then on to Madison IN for lunch. Temps reached 65F. Great winter day !

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #1150 on: January 31, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
Got up with the chickens, ran out to the aerodrome, and met the Kid (on right) and his friend Jon, who I took on his first airplane ride many years ago. Brad had just bought his first antique airplane..cheap..(Guzzi content) and this was the first day with decent weather to get it to Wisconsin.
1-006 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Awesome!

Well it looks like we might sell the Breva... so I'm back into the "let's get that Lemon running" game! ;) Looking at parts and getting my cylinder heads finished.

Helping my brother Jeff move out to his own place today. He got a new job in Grand Rapids and is getting married in May.

Weather looks to be near 50 degrees for today, not bad for January.  :cool:

-Joe

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1151 on: January 31, 2016, 09:28:05 AM »
Good for you, Joe..  :thumb:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1152 on: February 02, 2016, 04:44:22 PM »
My back is killing me as I planted onions most of the afternoon. When I was a kid I said I'd never put my hands on a hoe or wear bib overalls again. Now I own 4 hoes and 6 pairs of Roundhouse bibs.

Tell your kids to stay in school so they don't end up like me.

Tex

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1153 on: February 03, 2016, 03:16:22 AM »
Tex, years ago I had a boss who recounted a little gem to him when he was gathering potatoes,  "in your job, if your ar*e is higher than your nose the jobs not worth having!"

Wise words I feel. :grin:
03 Breva

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1154 on: February 03, 2016, 06:38:30 AM »
Now I own 4 hoes

:smiley: :boozing:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1155 on: February 13, 2016, 01:19:42 AM »
Had a good day today. During the week just been was in helping out the son at his work as he was having a rather stressful time. We had a good day Friday so today Sat. he took time out to try out his Harley on a longer ride. Grandson brought the pooch in so The Princess could doggie sit, and I went out to where he lives on the outskirts of Christchurch. We did the inland Kaikoura route, 240 miles around. After some rather straight roads on the Canterbury Plains it dives off and follows the line of the Alps. Has a lot of twisties etc., nice and quiet with hardly any traffic. Had a blast. I let him lead as I did not want to pressure him. The Harley is a 2003 1200 Sporty (he only likes the 1200 Sporty) which did fine, although it was noticeable that as the twisties tightened, he struggled whereas the Breva just went around no trouble at all.

Got to Kaikoura, had a nice lunch and then came back via the coast road. Still has a few hills but also the triffid ratio is a lot higher. Managed to get past them and had a nice run home. The Breva did the round trip without needing a top-up, he had to top up twice. Why oh why do Harley D. insist on putting small tanks on what is supposed to be a hiway bike? :rolleyes:

Came back home where I cooked up the world famous MUZZABURGER for tea. Had a wine (or two) and now mellowing out as the sun sets. :thumb:
03 Breva

bpreynolds

« Reply #1156 on: February 14, 2016, 09:38:01 AM »

My Sunday morning pretty darn good so far.  Made these gluten free berry scones for me and the wifey.  With a tall cup of dark coffee made for a big smile.   :thumb:

Snow and Winter outside but on to work in the garage.  Install Vario pegs on the new Griso, charge new Motobatt replacement for leaky stock Yuasa, install new shield, reassemble Thunderbird's carbs and attempt to reinstall, take a break, attempt to reinstall again, consider torching the bike, then attempt to reinstall again while thinking of how alcohol (no longer drink) used to make the process so much easier. 

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1157 on: February 23, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »
Good day, Dusty.. thanks for asking.  :smiley:
Decided it was time to bring the Lambert out of storage. These straps are what Guzzi uses to tie down bikes for shipment. I have two, and was thinking about making suspenders out of them. (Guzzi content) Rated at 1000 kg. so should pick up a measly 250 lb. engine.
2016-02-22_03-38-34 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Yeah, baby! :smiley:
2016-02-22_03-40-53 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #1158 on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:02 AM »
What you making now Chuck?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1159 on: February 23, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »
It's a '30 Monocoupe with original non pressurized top end Lambert 90 hp engine. With any luck at all, one of these days it'll be happily chugging along throwing grease all over the airplane.  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #1160 on: February 23, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »
 That's cool Chuckie  :bow:

Dusty

Offline MGPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #1161 on: February 23, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »
You'll have it back in the air, practicing your short-field technique by the weekend!
2014 Morgan Three Wheeler

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1162 on: February 23, 2016, 10:48:40 AM »
You'll have it back in the air, practicing your short-field technique by the weekend!

Yeah.  :smiley: Some assembly (and fabrication) required.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #1163 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
Got a lot to cover(fabric) before it'll fly. Should go along pretty good w/90hp.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #1164 on: February 23, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »
It's one that you have to work to keep it from flying when it's on the ground !
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1165 on: February 23, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »
Got a lot to cover(fabric) before it'll fly. Should go along pretty good w/90hp.

It does. Monocoupes won many air races back in the day, and held the transcontinental speed record for a while. (!)

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1166 on: February 27, 2016, 10:46:01 PM »
Had a beauty thanks Dusty.

A nice big espresso to start the day, then a bit of quiet puddling until lunchtime. After lunch I took a ride to the son's place and then we went to Ruapuna race track for the Bears meeting. Met up with John Colleary (who is currently winging his way back to L.A. after a fortnights motorcycle tour of N.Z.) and watched some pretty good racing. Three Guzzis were racing, and in the first race they came in first, 3rd and 4th. Not so good in later ones but the 850 round barrel went like stink and gave a good account of itself in all its races.

Really good to catch up with another Guzzista from the other side of the world. A warm day, good company and good bike racing. What's not to like. :thumb:
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #1167 on: February 27, 2016, 10:49:27 PM »
 Dang Muzz , that is a beauty  :bow:

Dusty

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #1168 on: February 28, 2016, 03:20:34 AM »
Was up at Whistler last week for some dandy skiing with about 30 old friends.

Back home, we had a windy 70F Saturday so Gail and I rode the F650 across the high plains, 100 miles northeast, on dead-straight county roads to Pawnee Buttes. With the tailwind you could roll eastward downhill all the way to the Mississippi River.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

kirby1923

« Reply #1169 on: February 28, 2016, 10:35:37 AM »
Hey Seth, beautiful!
I sure wanted to get to Austria this year but couldn't swing it not even going back and forth from Paris. (so close)

Please tell Gail I think she looks pretty sharp in her outfit!!!!
mike
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:36:38 AM by kirby1923 »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here