Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505891 times)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How was your day
« Reply #1200 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:30 PM »
Hmmmm... Made some arrangements you say, anything to do with motorbikes Hardie? Glad to hear of your quiet recovery.

HardAspie

« Reply #1201 on: April 09, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »
Hmmmm... Made some arrangements you say, anything to do with motorbikes Hardie? Glad to hear of your quiet recovery.

Ja! Tuesday the friend who rode it back to hometown will take it to the house of another friend, nearer by and involved with an anti human trafficing group. Wolfie has been donated! I will recover as well as I do, quiet time for a while, and start from a clean slate.

Penderic

« Reply #1202 on: April 10, 2016, 01:19:13 AM »
Today was great! I managed to do the work of three men: Moe, Larry, and Curly.

:wink:

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #1203 on: April 10, 2016, 04:32:31 AM »
and the "Impromptu" pinot noir from Central Otago, that I had chosen for my steak,  was a surprisingly smooth compliment to a scrumptious mouthful of culinary imagination.
You're only young once :grin:

Their Pinot Gris from down there is from a very unique microclimate in limestone country and produced by, as I understand, a slow fermentation process conducted in caverns hewn in to the hillside, to protect it from the rather extreme winter climate down there. I have not tried it, being a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc man myself, but from what I hear it is being very well received internationally.

Well Dusty, the weekend turned out even better than I had hoped. My son and I had a later start than was planned, so the ride of some 250 miles to Westport was shall we say, "spirited'. :grin: :thumb: Not too many triffids on the road, and what there were were quickly devoured by the mighty Breva with the Sporty thundering along behind. Once out of Canterbury (say 60 miles) it is twistys all the way through to Westport. Both bikes were running beautifully. The backpackers we stayed in, (the TripInn) was still being run by the same owner who was so good to me when I went through about eight years previously with a gearbox that sounded like a cop siren. I had wanted to go to the far North of the South Island at the time but did not think it would make it. He encouraged me to go, saying that I would regret it if I didn't, and that if it blew he would bring his FWD up and trailer it back. He remembered that. A top guy. :thumb:

Today Sunday, we left Westport, on through Greymouth and then back through the Otira Gorge that I had done with my mate about a month ago. A lot of maggots (campervans driven by idiots) on the road but they did not (bar one) hold us up for long. The road is motorcycle heaven, I am sure that John Colleary and Daniel Kalal will attest to that. Did a bit of tiki touring to Carter's Beach and Cape Foulwind along the way. The son is getting the hang of the Sporty and although he may drop back a bit in the tight stuff he is holding his own and then some in the sweepers. The one Triffid that held us up in Porter's Pass had the effect of having about 6 motorcycles held up by this one idiot. When we finally :rolleyes: got to pass it meant that a 750 smallblock was leading a pack of Harleys! One of the bigblock Harleys finally went past me on a straight and then I found I was having to brake in every tight corner as he grounded out.

By the time we got to my son's place we had done 470 miles and had a whale of a good time, both in riding great roads and just spending time together.

To cap it all off, I was able to return a call from my nephew while we were still in Greymouth gassing up that I thought that we would be home by 4-30 to attend a BBQ at his place. Made it on time and found that his two brothers (they are all likeable rogues) and their families were there as well. Much laughter with wine and food to end an absolutely perfect weekend. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1203 on: April 10, 2016, 04:32:31 AM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1204 on: April 10, 2016, 06:03:01 AM »
Great report, Muzz..  :thumb:
By the time we got to my son's place we had done 470 miles and had a whale of a good time, both in riding great roads and just spending time together.

Unbeatable experience, as far as I'm concerned. Some of my most memorable experiences have been trips with the Kid..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #1205 on: April 10, 2016, 09:46:06 AM »
 Thanks fellas  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline MGPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #1206 on: April 10, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »
Have been trying to be proactive on Spring weeding in the gardens.  Problem is, our 4 y/o Welsh Terrier figures if I get to dig (i.e., use an old screwdriver to pop out small weeds--but fresh dirt, nonetheless), then she should be digging too.

So part of my yard work is going around and filling in a number of small divots where she looked at me, then started her own dig.  Like having a toddler around.

2014 Morgan Three Wheeler

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1207 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »
Better every day, Dusty..thanks for asking.  :smiley:
Played with the new to me Monza a bit this morning, and started a hardware to order list for the Monocoupe project this afternoon.
Suddenly, it's 1930...
2016-03-08_02-59-06 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #1208 on: April 10, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
Great ride report Muzz, and took me back to when I drove my granny all around the South Island visiting relatives in 1995. So many of the roads I went on in that little Citroen would be brilliant on the bike. One day.....

Today - -washed the Breva, took it for a ride, bacon sandwich, and then home. Cold temps and threats of rain seemed to keep many off the roads today, I was the only customer at Dream Machine.  :rolleyes:
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
    • South East Massive
« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2016, 11:43:11 AM »
You are not from the beachside paradise north of Sydney called "The Central Coast" are ya?

I grew :grin: up in Point Clare.
Scotty

Thomas Paine

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
    • South East Massive
« Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2016, 03:43:53 PM »
For all the changes that have happened since I left the Central Coast in 1993, its still a place of great beauty. And I miss it. Used to surf MacMasters, Copa, North Avoca all the time on my kneeboard.
Scotty

Thomas Paine

HardAspie

« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2016, 07:03:05 PM »
For all the changes that have happened since I left the Central Coast in 1993, its still a place of great beauty. And I miss it. Used to surf MacMasters, Copa, North Avoca all the time on my kneeboard.

Hey, didn't the guys in "Endless Summer" surf MacMasters?

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2016, 07:26:33 PM »
What a beautiful pic, Les.
Thanks for posting.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1213 on: April 24, 2016, 06:18:22 PM »
An island home? I hope it's big enough to ride a motorcycle.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1214 on: April 24, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »
Wonderful evening..  Saw the weather report early enough to clean the garage and get the bike and the car under cover.  Sitting under the deck outside watching the storm with four fingers of Woodford Reserve bourbon smiling at the rain and the hail..  Life is good when you take care of things so you can relax and enjoy instead of stressing about circumstances. 
It is amazing how nice a good bourbon is when it is raining and hailing and I am sitting dry and warm and my stuff is safe. 

Alas! against the storm I did bellow,
you bloweth upon the wrong fellow
My soul you have now so sorely tried
fear, your gift has now so surely died!
Nature feeds your evil blowing wrath,
I curse your daring this upon my path
Heaven's powers ignore your wicked deeds
you the rot that eats away joy's seeds!
Hark! all the destruction you have wrought,
fruits of sins that man surely has bought
Yet, I defy your right to so hammer me
I, the strongest root of my family tree!
Rage on , tear out the withered and the old
This man defies you with a heart very bold!

Robert J. Lindley, 08-27-2014
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2016, 04:26:17 PM »
Good, Dusty.  :smiley: Like I mentioned on the phone, Monday, I'd finally decided that I'd worked long enough. This little bout with the cutter may have had something to do with it but still.. my parents worked me like a borrowed mule on the farm starting when I was 8 until I got away at 18. Worked for GM for 30 years. Just realized that I was on my 30th year of working for Ed the Rocket Scientist. Hmmm, I'm 72, and have been working for 70. Time to take a break. Told Ed to send TJ down, and I'd train him.
2016-04-29_04-54-31 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
He's doing really well, as I knew he would. It'll take a while, but he *will* be able to take over. He went to a steel mill with Ed today, so I got a break.  :smiley: Dusty said whether I rode or flew to take pix. 
Decided to give Mouser a go. Last week, I sat on her longeron, decided I might not be strong enough yet to get *out* once I worked my way in.  :smiley: You sort of put Mouser on. I'm getting stronger every day, though..so..
Pushed her out and did a *very* thorough pre flight. We hadn't flown since last fall.
2016-04-29_04-52-28 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
She started on the first blade, naturally.. gotta love carb and magnetos. (Beetle content)  :grin:
Getting in wasn't bad.. view from the driver's seat.
2016-04-29_04-53-44 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
 Mouser is fairly demanding of pilot skills. "Are you bringing your A game, boy?" "Uhhh.. not really. We haven't flown since last fall, you know.." "Ok, just be very gentle..."  :smiley:
Castle Pretentious (tm) and part of the runway just off the wing tip.
2016-04-29_04-53-01 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

It was good for me..thanks for asking, Dusty.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2016, 06:01:11 PM »
 Thanks for telling Chuckie . Great pics  :bow:

Dusty

twowings

« Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
OUTstanding, Chuck!  What a thrill for you after all that time re-learning to pee!   :thumb:

Offline toaster404

• Gosling
« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »
I don't know Chuck, but that looks like an amazing thing to do. 

I've ridden both my 1400 and my DL1000 this week, sold a motorcycle. Mostly working on restoring my house.  I want to be able to have visitors.  Only 50 miles from Deals Gap over the Dragon, so was thinking of AirBNB with a bike emphasis at some point.  Need to get my violin workshop out of the living room for that!!

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1219 on: April 30, 2016, 06:52:14 AM »
It's all good Chuck. :thumb:

Keep on keeping on
03 Breva

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #1220 on: April 30, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »
Some good stories in here.....

I've had a good weekend. Rode 5 hours to another city to see Iron Maiden :bow:  minimal traffic  and good weather, just a tad chilly in parts. Love my EVs heated grips!
Rode back yesterday in sunshine all day. Even spotted Ed Force One in flight heading to the Auckland gig  :bow:

Today I'm off on a classic club ride on my CX500. Life's good  :thumb:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #1221 on: April 30, 2016, 06:40:47 PM »
Even work can't hold me down. I am able to go home for lunch almost every day. If the weather is good I usually take a bike for a spin. Today it was the Lemans!
Hunter
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q708/2hhjones/CX100/IMG_0829768x1024_zpsb8784841.jpg
Do you know what that lovely orange color is on the fairing ?

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1222 on: April 30, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »
My bike was due to go off the road for 5 months for it's winter hiatus. However, we have had a real Indian summer here. On the last day of registration I went for a 250 mile squirt up the inland road to Kaikoura, and enjoyed myself so much that when I got home I went down and put two more months on.

Yesterday, (Saturday morning) after helping my son out at his work, he and I went for a quick ride (about 70 miles) up to Oxford via Ashley Gorge for a coffee, and we enjoyed the ride so much we came back the same way. The new tire on the back of his Harley has made a HUGE difference. He is a lot more confident as it does not skitter around like it used to, and feels really planted. He is finding that having a bike to ride again really helps him to relax after a full on week working.

Since I have retired I am finding that I am using the bike a lot more around town as it is much easier all round than using the car, so I am sure I will get a fair bit of use out of those two extra months.
03 Breva

twowings

« Reply #1223 on: April 30, 2016, 07:46:40 PM »
My 16-year-old son and I just completed Day 1 of the Basic Rider Course from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation...he did very well for his first time ever on a bike (Honda Rebel)...his old man, on the other hand, had to unlearn about 50+ years of bad habits...LOL

Beautiful day for being on a bike, even if it is for a class...looking forward to tomorrow!

oldbike54

« Reply #1224 on: April 30, 2016, 07:50:07 PM »
 Muzz , it is interesting that the term "Indian Summer" has traveled to New Zealand . Of course we use phrases from down under up here , so maybe not all that surprising . In fact , in the OKC area the locals are picking up Kiwi slang from commercials done by Stephen  :laugh:

Dusty

ps , my favorite is "No porky pies"  :grin:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:54:33 PM by oldbike54 »

lucydad

« Reply #1225 on: April 30, 2016, 09:57:12 PM »
Celebrating 29th wedding anniversary with Ms. LD...dinner tonight was grand.  Pix is from NYC last week.

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #1226 on: May 01, 2016, 12:14:44 AM »
My bike was due to go off the road for 5 months for it's winter hiatus.

:shocked: But our winters are not too bad! Keep riding! Just wait until the frost clears!

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1227 on: May 01, 2016, 12:20:52 AM »

In fact , in the OKC area the locals are picking up Kiwi slang from commercials done by Stephen  :laugh:

Dusty

ps , my favorite is "No porky pies"  :grin:

You'll be claiming him as one of your own soon! :grin:
03 Breva

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1228 on: May 01, 2016, 12:24:01 AM »
:shocked: But our winters are not too bad! Keep riding! Just wait until the frost clears!

As much financial Rev. You don't get rich on the superannuation! It will come back on stream for the Tattley Rappet. Supposed to be in Wellington this year.

Which part of NZ do you hail from?

03 Breva

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #1229 on: May 01, 2016, 12:53:10 AM »
Tell me about it, 2 bikes and one car is a lot of rego a year  :embarrassed:
I'm in Nelson, lots of sun  :cool:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here