Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505797 times)

oldbike54

Re: How was your day
« Reply #2520 on: December 06, 2020, 08:02:58 AM »
Today?

Hopefully well.

It is small country's 103. Independence Day. Can not celebrate that much now as corona time.
But I will visit to local cemetery just to put small candle on the common grave of solders. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcUr-YTRb8o

Oh my , beautiful anthem , thanks . I like the idea of a small candle , simple and elegant .

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2521 on: December 06, 2020, 09:08:02 PM »
Today?

Hopefully well.

It is small country's 103. Independence Day. Can not celebrate that much now as corona time.
But I will visit to local cemetery just to put small candle on the common grave of solders. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcUr-YTRb8o

I've heard that anthem before but didn't know that it was the national anthem of Finland.

My only contact with anything Finnish was some remedial project-management work I did for the Olkiluoto 3 power plant.  Our company lost a fortune on that job, and we were called in from all over to try to re-plan and recover.   It's still supposed to go live in year or two, but I'm not so hopeful!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #2522 on: December 07, 2020, 02:16:49 AM »
I've heard that anthem before but didn't know that it was the national anthem of Finland.

My only contact with anything Finnish was some remedial project-management work I did for the Olkiluoto 3 power plant.  Our company lost a fortune on that job, and we were called in from all over to try to re-plan and recover.   It's still supposed to go live in year or two, but I'm not so hopeful!

Lannis

It is part of Jean Sibelius's Finlandia composition. If taken separately (like was done here) ... it is called ''Finlandia hymn''.
Finlandia hymn is not official anthem of Finland (even as it should be  :thumb:). Just as it is much more beautiful and rises much more emotions. On the other hand ... that is not very easy to sing. Needs some skills. That would not fit well in any sport event where half drunken audience would try to sing it. It is used only as something bigger happens (have highly respected position).

Olkiluoto 3? I do not like discuss about that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:39:23 AM by Arctic Fox »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2523 on: December 07, 2020, 07:20:47 AM »
It is part of Jean Sibelius's Finlandia composition. If taken separately (like was done here) ... it is called ''Finlandia hymn''.
Finlandia hymn is not official anthem of Finland (even as it should be  :thumb:). Just as it is much more beautiful and rises much more emotions. On the other hand ... that is not very easy to sing. Needs some skills. That would not fit well in any sport event where half drunken audience would try to sing it. It is used only as something bigger happens (have highly respected position).

I've often thought that having two national anthems, one for singing and one for ceremonial occasions, would be a great idea.  "The Star Spangled Banner" is almost impossible for a regular person that doesn't have a two-octave range to sing .... !

Olkiluoto 3? I do not like discuss about that.

Hey, you're not the only one .....   :violent1:

Lannis

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2523 on: December 07, 2020, 07:20:47 AM »

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #2524 on: December 07, 2020, 09:30:38 AM »
I've often thought that having two national anthems, one for singing and one for ceremonial occasions, would be a great idea.  "The Star Spangled Banner" is almost impossible for a regular person that doesn't have a two-octave range to sing .... !

Here is whole Finlandia. ''Finlandia Hymn'' is part of it (5:27 - 7:19).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOSaT6U4e-8&feature=emb_logo

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2525 on: December 07, 2020, 12:58:21 PM »

Thanks! Getting my cultural education along with riding info.....

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2526 on: December 07, 2020, 05:42:06 PM »

Thank you again Arctic Fox. Glad to hear that again.............. ........those strings :bow: I even recognised the conductor, the drummer and a man in the audience :grin:
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #2527 on: December 08, 2020, 07:16:39 AM »
Thank you again Arctic Fox. Glad to hear that again.............. ........those strings :bow: I even recognised the conductor, the drummer and a man in the audience :grin:

I assume, you are not Finn, or?

Yes, I guess the conductor is valued (even globally)? Doing excellent job here as well as whole orchestra in his commands.

I listening some classical music (then mood is right) ... if it is not ''too difficult''. What comes to Sibelius: Karelia suite or Valse Triste are fine, Swan of Tuonela ... So - So  and his main works (7 symphonies) goes already too difficult/complex. But you can not demand too much of 22 years old blonde, can you  :azn:?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:32:48 AM by Arctic Fox »

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2528 on: December 08, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »
Arctic Fox,
No mate, I'm not from Finland but from Australia, the other ends of the Earth and also known as Oz, for short :grin:
I had the Karelia Suite on on vinyl many years ago; a stirring piece of music which made the name, Sebelius, immediately recognisable ever after :grin:
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

oldbike54

« Reply #2529 on: February 07, 2021, 03:12:54 PM »
 Is everyone enjoying this Superb Owl Sunday ?

Dusty

Offline cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #2530 on: February 07, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
On a scale of 0-100, sports rate right around 1 or 2 at our house.  But we're prepping to watch the Superb Owl...   Don't care who's playing or who wins.

Adult beverages are waiting.  A big bowl of freshly breaded chicken tenders/strips are waiting to be fried, along with the big tray of fresh cut French fires that just came out of the first round of frying. On top of that, there's a bunch of new to me Guzzi parts to sort through today.   So all is good here today.

Hope everyone else is having a great day.

- Now my wife wants me to cook everything it now. No interest in waiting until the actual game to start eating & drinking.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #2531 on: February 07, 2021, 03:58:38 PM »
It sucked.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2532 on: February 07, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »
On a scale of 0-100, sports rate right around 1 or 2 at our house.  But we're prepping to watch the Superb Owl...   Don't care who's playing or who wins.

Adult beverages are waiting.  A big bowl of freshly breaded chicken tenders/strips are waiting to be fried, along with the big tray of fresh cut French fires that just came out of the first round of frying. On top of that, there's a bunch of new to me Guzzi parts to sort through today.   So all is good here today.

Hope everyone else is having a great day.

- Now my wife wants me to cook everything it now. No interest in waiting until the actual game to start eating & drinking.
Sounds good Clint, y’all have fun, life’s short 👍

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2533 on: February 07, 2021, 04:26:39 PM »

Dusty

We sure are, Dusty.. thanks for asking. I had some leftover tomato juice from a batch of chili, so made some killer Bloody Mary's.  :smiley: I'll fix a batch of Buffalo chicken to go along with them.
PS. Dorcia said she tried to call you the other day, but you weren't taking calls..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2534 on: February 07, 2021, 04:33:36 PM »

Dusty
Who's playing? Ah, never mind. Don't care, but I did get an 80 mile ride in on the mighty GRiSO  :thumb: Not too cold, approx 46°..
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2535 on: February 07, 2021, 05:36:39 PM »
Finished up this gem today, purrs like a kitten again.

"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #2536 on: February 07, 2021, 10:47:50 PM »
Professor Brady took the kid to school.

On behalf of geezers everywhere, thank you, Tom.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2537 on: February 18, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »
Hey guys. All is well, I just have a question.
I was talking to one of my buddy pals on the forum a while ago, both of us were bored and looking for gainful conversation and happened upon a subject that may be of interest to many of you. I chose not to start a new thread as I think this one of Dustys seems to be an open type discussion place.
I have NEVER by intention reported anything by means of hitting the REPORT TO MODERATORS option. I always use my cell phone when on the forum and I occasionally, by total accident, or possibly carelessness, hit this selection.
I was just curious to see if xxxxxxxxx and I are the only ones who do this. And also to make the moderators aware that I’m not doing all this tattle telling on purpose 😂😂😂
I also didn’t want them to think that I may have hit the response on some really harmless and great subjects.
Other than that, I’m fine and bored out of my gourd as outside is not fit for man or beastie.
Also wife threatened me with bodily harm if I didn’t quit pestering her😘
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:59:05 PM by Ncdan »

Offline cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
« Reply #2538 on: February 18, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
I was talking to one of my buddy pals on the forum a while ago, both of us were bored and looking for gainful conversation and happened upon a subject that may be of interest to many of you. I chose not to start a new thread as I think this one of Dustys seems to be an open type discussion place.
I have NEVER by intention reported anything by means of hitting the REPORT TO MODERATORS option. I always use my cell phone when on the forum and I occasionally, by total accident, or possibly carelessness, hit this selection.
I was just curious to see if xxxxxxxxx and I are the only ones who do this. And also to make the moderators aware that I’m not doing all this tattle telling on purpose 😂😂😂
I also didn’t want them to think that I may have hit the response on some really harmless and great subjects.
Other than that, I’m fine and bored out of my gourd as outside is not fit for man or beastie.

If i was having private conversations with a friend with a sexy name like xxxxxxxxx, my wife would not stop with inflicting bodily harm....
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2539 on: February 18, 2021, 01:34:28 PM »
There's a report to moderator button?? What's that for?  :rolleyes:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #2540 on: February 18, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
Coming off a week of teaching skiing at Snowmass. We finally have good snow -- three or four decent storm fronts with more coming (sorry, Southland).

Thanks to -, business at the resort is off about 50% so I did more free-skiing than teaching. Great exhilarating week, up to my ass in powder!
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2541 on: February 18, 2021, 02:22:12 PM »
If i was having private conversations with a friend with a sexy name like xxxxxxxxx, my wife would not stop with inflicting bodily harm....
“ the names in this post were changed to protect the Innocent” 😂

Offline cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
« Reply #2542 on: February 18, 2021, 02:34:46 PM »
Coming off a week of teaching skiing at Snowmass. We finally have good snow -- three or four decent storm fronts with more coming (sorry, Southland).

Thanks to -, business at the resort is off about 50% so I did more free-skiing than teaching. Great exhilarating week, up to my ass in powder!

I wondered if the monster weather systems were making good snow for the skiing out west.  Is it mostly powder, fairly consistent, ?
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #2543 on: February 19, 2021, 12:17:33 AM »
Is it mostly powder, fairly consistent,

Yes, indeed. The XX steep chutes are still bony because we never got a real base, and avalanche danger higher than we've ever seen it. At ground level it's all sugar. But any trail that saw snowmaking early in the season, or is groomed every few days, or has high-traffic moguls, is prime. Each of the storms produced 6 to 8" of real Colorado powder, which got churned by light ski traffic for a day or two between fronts.

Avalanche fatalities will probably set a record. Backcountry travel on skis or snowmobile is considered --safe, but avalanches are just as deadly, and immediately.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/16/avalanche-deaths-spike-february-us-expert-explains-why/6770636002/

oldbike54

« Reply #2544 on: February 19, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »

Yeah , based on some of the reports we see it does happen  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2545 on: February 19, 2021, 10:06:55 AM »

Don’t believe everything your hear Dusty, I can whip her two out of three.... on a good day. However she’d probably report me to you moderators now that she knows where the button is😂😂😂
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:09:46 AM by Ncdan »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2546 on: February 19, 2021, 10:41:46 AM »
Kinda bummed out. My nephew's wife's funeral is tomorrow. Lidia was 41 and mother of two little boys Ben & Max. Lidia had some serious health issues two years ago and was on the vent for 6 weeks or so, barely lived through that ordeal. Early last week she tested positive for C19. By Friday night she had passed.

Now My dilemma, Do I travel 2 1/2 hours to offer my condolences and represent our family from the southern part of the state because my older brothers and sisters won't due to their age and reluctance take the risk, or do I stay home? I'm confident the church will insist on distancing, and I understand standard precautions. (I was trained on TB procedures years ago as a hospital worker)

So, Dear Abby? Should I stay or should I go??

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2547 on: February 19, 2021, 10:50:41 AM »
Kinda bummed out. My nephew's wife's funeral is tomorrow. Lidia was 41 and mother of two little boys Ben & Max. Lidia had some serious health issues two years ago and was on the vent for 6 weeks or so, barely lived through that ordeal. Early last week she tested positive for C19. By Friday night she had passed.

Now My dilemma, Do I travel 2 1/2 hours to offer my condolences and represent our family from the southern part of the state because my older brothers and sisters won't due to their age and reluctance take the risk, or do I stay home? I'm confident the church will insist on distancing, and I understand standard precautions. (I was trained on TB procedures years ago as a hospital worker)

So, Dear Abby? Should I stay or should I go??
Your answer is in your heart now, my friend 👍

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2548 on: February 19, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
Your answer is in your heart now, my friend 👍

You're right Danny, it looks like I'll be road tripping to Kearney, Mo. (Where Jesse James is buried) to rub elbows with the Mormons tomorrow morning.

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #2549 on: February 19, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »
Pretty good. It is Friday and Finland's women football (soccer) team passed its way to European Cup 2022.

Last two games in qualification (real drama):

1th of December 2020
Scotland - Finland
94 minutes (4 min played overtime) ... 1 minutes ealier junior player (Amanda Rantanen) was changed to game (first time ever in national team) ... and she made winning goal with hers nose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXbQqzAkoEA

Today 19th of February 2021
Finland - Portugal
Linda Sällström

made the winning goal at time 93min (3min over time). Also in the really last moments/seconds of game. Video in link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KFTYpPanQ  .... skip the video to 7:58

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 01:42:59 PM by Arctic Fox »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here