Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505841 times)

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »
Finding out that there are still good people out there helps to create a great day. ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »
Finding out that there are still good people out there helps to create a great day. ;-T

Correct I have been on the receiving end of kindness from strangers
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

oldbike54

« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »
  Correct I have been on the receiving end of kindness from strangers
Acts of kindness benefit the one performing the act more than the receiver .
Dusty

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2013, 06:31:31 PM »
Daughter visiting from TN..  Great walk for a few hours in Philly.  Window shopping along Walnut St.  Growing up way to fast.  Sucks missing it. 

Wife's job is causing pains-  never encountered someone who's managing their family business into the ground and now the paranoia is causing them to lash out at the employees.  Shitting on the very people who've taken great care with the business and the customers.  It's sad to see.   So send good vibes- she's looking for a new gig.

hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2013, 06:31:31 PM »

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »
Went to a biker festival, traffic was backed up for miles for the event, me & my new biker brothers split lanes at 10mph, my brothers & their HDs may not be fast but at least they get the cages to make way - no bar ends hitting mirrors today for me!  :).

I parked near the main gate & upon arrival promptly stripped to my underwear. I don't like conformity either my brothers. Besides, it was hot & I was the only one in gear.

With my riding gear set aside & my camo-shorts & doc Martins adorned I blended in perfectly with my new brothers. Except for the french foreign legion hat I had on...& taking videos...& no beer in the morning.. & no tattoos...& a bike with OE mufflers - those things are easy enuff to work on next week.  ;-T

Followed this smokey bike for a while...

Saw a water cooled Guzzi...

...girls in alluring biker attire...

...& a pretty decent cover band Muley would've appreciated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7sLOv325A&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:15:57 PM by Randown »
Flippity Floppity Floop

oldbike54

« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2013, 07:12:25 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
Just so you won't be lonely, Dusty, I'll play.

:bike Breakfast run to Lyndhurst this morning on the Eldorado (about 100 miles).  Doug (yes, the guilty one) met me there on his 1970 Bonnie_rat, and Norm on his Burgman.

:bike Returned home and went out for a quick blast on the 750S which is now running beautifully thanks to adjusted timing and synched carbs.

Attacked my spare Breva key with a dremel.  I broke the original spare and this one was made for me from the bits, and coded, by a fine fellow in Texas who sadly died shortly thereafter.  It never quite fit. Now it does!

:bike On the way home from a family gathering, instead of coming straight home on the Breva, I did a big rural loop in the gathering dusk thorough Westport before heading home.  Comfortably cool (about 20c), empty, smooth and satisfyingly twisty roads, bike running exceptionally well, few bugs, no rain, head in the right space.

Now slurping on a nice Spanish red...........

An excellent day!

Nick

on the breakfast run (Chaffey's Lock Road)

oldbike54

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Thanks Nick, somehow I do feel better now .
Dusty

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
Thanks Nick, somehow I do feel better now .
Dusty

Glad I could be of some small service.  Stay cool! I can't even imagine what your current temperatures must be like.  We start whining if it gets much above 80.

Nick

oldbike54

« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
We are having a cool spell with low relative humidity . well, for us . 81 tomorrow , slow increase to 88 by Saturday . Last year it was probably 105 or so on the 1st of July .
 Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2013, 10:41:38 PM »
Shorty .
Helmets do save lives , does this go into the motorcycle accident data base ? :BEER:
Dusty

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »
Shorty .
Helmets do save lives , does this go into the motorcycle accident data base ? :BEER:
Dusty

I remember the stats saying helmets shown to be most effective below 20mph, so this qualifies.  Better to file it away in the um, er, Hurt report.......  ;)
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Andrew Thomas Evans

« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
Went out and saw a Tool cover band last night, and my ears are still ringing. Wasn't into them back in the day, and although the band was great and my fire dancing friend amazing, I don't think they will make it on my playlist.

Got in a few hundred mile ride on the eldo today, although it's still having some issues once really warm when idling - those will be solved here in a few weeks.

Placed a few orders for about $1000 in parts, that along with what I owe for service will get my new monster vert1000 eldo project going. Thanks to MG and GuzziPower for the parts and the cam. Oh, not to mention rent and studio rent is due in the next few days - was an expensive week!

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2013, 11:37:19 PM »
Not so good. One of my favorite small towns here just went up in flames and 19 hotshots died.  Our local guzzi club rise two weeks ago went there and I showed them the very unique town and the stations of the cross walk.  Pray for these poor folks. Such a loss.
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

oldbike54

« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »
Just checked CNN , what a horrible tragedy , Prescott is a wonderful town , mid 80s did some hotshot fire break work through the USFS , just a couple of small fires around central Ca. So sad . Correction , see where the fire is in Yarnell Hill , just the hotshot crew was from Prescott , still sad .
Dusty
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:10:36 AM by oldbike54 »

kidneb

« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2013, 05:22:38 AM »
There was a handicap van right there with the ramp down in the walkway, and I didn't see it , til I slammed into it with my shin, then took a nasty header. Scuffed the meat off my knee (thankfully my good knee) and elbow, and filled the parking lot with expletives, meatballs and sauce. I can honestly say the helmet saved my bacon,  ;) as I landed hard on the back of my head.
Whaddadipschitt  :-[ Got road rash whilst on foot... :BEER:

That`s a good reminder of wearing ATGATT ! ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:03:25 AM by kidneb »

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2013, 03:58:19 AM »
          That kind of hard-won prize will taste all the better ;D ;-T
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
Dusty
Pretty good day , saw some young , tan lasses advertising a fireworks stand almost cause a wreck , no it was not me , but a young fella was lasered in on one of them while negotiating a turn on a cruiser of some sort , and you know the axiom , you will go where are looking . Unfortunately she was on the sidewalk , no harm done , well , except to his pride .
 Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
            It's a beautiful day ;D Much of the trauma, with family, of the past few months has diminished. Have to devote some time to my other hobby today, so no riding but it will come. Birthday shopping tomorrow after seeing our accountant. Getting our taxes done in preparation for Carmel's departure to Hawaii.
Oz
04 Cali

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2013, 04:22:26 AM »
            Had another look at your reply #211. I really think you need a full time camera crew, following your every move to record your adventures. Would have loved to have been there ;D
            Speaking of adventures, in November a pig hunt has been booked in my name on a small property in the south of Qld. Not hunting for meat. This stuff makes dogs sick. But it will be great to get out on my own again for a few days and match wits with the prey. ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
It can be hard getting smarter than your prey.  Even harder when you're trying to look smart while the fish is wearing your $400 bifocals.   :-[

Were you able to retrieve them?
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
At least the king got a good look at the victor!!
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
You didn't give that asshat free swimmin lessons??  ;) :D
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
Revenge is best served cold, and slimey.  ;) :D  You are a better man than I Gungadin.  The only thing that gets me into more trouble than my hands is my mouth.  :D  Better you than I on that boat. ;-T
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
It can be hard getting smarter than your prey.    :-[

While hunting with a guide in Central Queensland, not long after the GFC had struck in earnest, we were alerted to the activity of Corellas in the trees overlooking a swampy dam and made our way from downwind, to investigate. Low scrub sprouted from a swampy side of the dam reducing visibility but that locality was where the guide's dogs were headed, having got wind of something we obviously could not see and before long we were rewarded with the chilling sounds of their howling and the ominous baritone grunts of a pig. The going underfoot hindered our desperate attempt to close the distance to the scene of the uproar, slippery and obstructed with fallen branches as it was but we pulled up in time to see that the dogs had bailed up a young boar of about 80kg, that was too small for a trophy. The guide however, had his movie camera and tripod in tow (rodekyll ;-T) and decided to make a video. Piggy had other ideas and made a dash for a shallow pond, hoping to deter the dogs, not knowing that they were both a pair of acquatic geniuses and was soon driven from his abortive sanctuary. We followed in hot pursuit, me more to lend the guide support, than anything else, as I was a spectator for the time being and after a couple more dunkings of dogs and pig in a couple more waterholes, the youngster was finally brought to a standstill to the guide's satisfaction, as he began filming. The great commotion of pig and dogs had subsided to a point where I could hear myself think, as I looked for an out-of the-way place to occupy while cinematic history was being made. Backing up away from the guide, who was doubled over his tripod and camera, I took a cautious glance behind me to look for snarls, when a ferocious barking, grunting and snorting jerked me back to reality and the film set, for me to see the dogs running piggy off and the guide, all 6' 4" of him, sprawled flat on the ground. No sooner had I taken this in, than the guide lept to his feet, snatched a little 22 magnum Ruger from his left hip, cross-draw fashion and let fly with a volley of shots and a mouthful of bad language at piggy, which by this time, was nowhere to be seen. Shocked, I managed to enquire about his wellbeing. I needn't have bothered. His animated discussion of piggy's character was ample testament to the fortitude of this old, heavyweight Kiwi prize fighter. My scattered wits were returning. It seemed that piggy had taken exception to his starring role and ignoring the dogs, charged straight at the guide, knocking everything for six, while I was loitering in the background, minding my own business.
            We departed, the mud spattered guide, his mud spattered camera and I but not before making a fuss of the dogs. If not for them.......
             On our way back, I kept a lookout over my shoulder, just in case......
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
Bill , some critters are better left alone .
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:37 AM »
       GO THE WALLABIES
         tomorrow night
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
Dusty
So , how was it ?
Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »
So , how was it ?
Dusty

Pretty good day overall, with a silly interlude.

I successfully sold my Trek mountain bike this week, and bought a clean old Campagnolo equipped Serrota road bicycle.    Since most of the bike is sort of old school, and I'm old school myself when i comes to bicycles (my last serious ride was in 1980) I was just going to buy some alloy pedals with steel toe clips and leather straps, like I used to use.  The nice salesgirl at the bike shop gave me a pitying "where have YOU been for the last century?" sort of look, and sold me some cleated shoes and pedals where you step down onto the pedal and a trap locks the shoe to the pedal.   You twist your foot to the side and pull it out to release your foot for when you stop.

Well .... you remember "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In"?    The skit where the guy rides around on the tricycle, then stops and just falls over?   Even though I had practiced some in the apartment, when I went out on the road and pulled up to the first traffic light, I did exactly that.   Came to a stop, could NOT release my shoe from the pedal, and just went right on over onto the road.   Even LAYING there, I couldn't get my feet off the pedals.  

Finally figured it out (you have to leave your foot LEVEL when you twist, not pulling up on the pedal and twisting), and went for a nice ride.   I can go up a hill twice as fast on this bike as on the mountain bike - bottom gear on this bike is about like 8th gear on the mountain bike, but it's so light and stiff you can go on up the hill anyhow.   Experienced riders are still leaving me in the dust, but at least I'm not getting passed on hills by 6 year old girls on little pink bikes with training wheels any more .... !

So a good day overall.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
 ;D Good telling of how us old farts sometimes have a hard time adapting to new tech . Yes , it is embarrassing when a 6 year old passes , and smiles as she is going by . Glad you weren't seriously injured in the tip over .
Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here