Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508284 times)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
Anyone know Nick's phone number ? Call him and wake him up  ~; :BEER:
Dusty

I'm awake, although wishing I wasn't.  What's that horrible banging?  Darn, its my own pulse! 

By mid afternoon I should be able to walk without staggering and may even be able to ride...........  Thanks for your....concern?

Nick

oldbike54

« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
Are you hearing voices , short of that you will probably survive . ;D It is the self inflicted wounds that do the most damage .  :BEER: Hope you feel better soon .
Dusty

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
Are you hearing voices , short of that you will probably survive . ;D It is the self inflicted wounds that do the most damage .  :BEER: Hope you feel better soon .
Dusty

One of these days I'll grow up enough to know better............. ..........nah!

Nick

oldbike54

« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty
Pretty good day for me , until... I found out that some loop frames apparently are running a total loss oiling system , and that all of those young ladies interested in older men , well , only if you can buy 'em stuff . Dangit . ??? ::)
Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2013, 07:39:14 PM »
I'd rather deal with a total loss oiling system than a total loss young lady.

Dusty, at our age there are very few legitimate reasons for a woman -- young or otherwise -- to be interested in us.  The interest is more probably in something that we have -- house, money, toys, status, etc.  I subscribe to the principle that I wouldn't want to take up with a woman who would want to take up with me -- (a) something's wrong with her or (b) she's after something of mine.  Since I have nothing, I go with (a).

lucydad

« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »
Well,  a good week.  I went to a technical conference and learned some new stuff, saw some old friends and pretty much enjoyed myself.  Work remains just dismal.  The deal closes next Monday and about 50% of the staff have either quit or have been kept by the old company in back room deals.  I have a job with the newco and that is good, but I am not optimistic it will be a fit.  A big interview is coming up next Tuesday here in Houston for the New Orleans gig.  It could be an excellent job.  Not sure, and we will play it out.  Wish me luck.  Got my wife an airplane jump for her 50th birthday...hehhhhhe hehehe....  doing ok overall and can't wait to ride this weekend.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #336 on: September 30, 2013, 02:42:52 AM »
First day back at work after 10 weeks off after having a new hip fitted. For 9 of the weeks I was wondering if anything was going to improve as to the operation of it. The dreaded PMR had both thighs with all muscle groups as tight as the proverbial drum skin. However, a week ago they decided to back off a bit, not completely but enough to start being able to do strengthening exercises. On Saturday I was able to actually put my shoes on and tie my laces. Today I went in to a full day, and the 2nd job involved two heat pumps that needed my 9 foot step-ladder just to reach them. Follow that up with a crawl through the ceiling to reach the DVS filter and I thought, " if I get through this lot I should be OK from here on in". Well, survived that plus two more in the afternoon. A bit tight and sore now but overall, not too bad. Hip survived just fine and so far I have not dislocated it. Great not having that unending aching pain all the time.

Almost to scared to hope that things are actually on the mend :-\, but it certainly has improved.

Two months and I am allowed back on the push bike. I have a nice full susser Giant that is over 2.1/2 years old and has been ridden about six times. :'(

Guzzi gets its re licence on October 27th. ;D ;D ;D ;-T

Summer is coming! ;-T ;-T ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #337 on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:48 AM »
       Good Luck Muzz ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:06 PM »
       Good Luck Muzz ;D

Thanks. Was stiff and sore this morning but freed up as the day progressed; another under the belt. ;-T
03 Breva

lucydad

« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »
Dusty,

Wow, someone asks about me, how kind, I appreciate your interest.

Today is the first day with the new company (Fieldwood, LLC).  Apache sold our region for 3.8 billion, and then threw us under the bus.  Anyway, it is a new start.  I have been doing some interviewing and that takes high energy and time and such.  But, just yesterday for the first time FW showed some positive action by hiring in a key technical guy for my projects.  He is a cohort, a friend and brilliant.  So finally some action and not just styrofoam words.  I still have an interview scheduled late next week for a New Orleans gig, but it is very unlikely I am interested in moving from Houston right now.  I think I have committed to the new gig through next spring to capture some upside and continuity.  We will see.  I hope to be a catalyst towards an improved company culture that includes a bit of communication and less dodgey stuff.

Great news this morning from eldest daughter in NYC:  Time, Inc is going to make her an offer as a full time, with benefits employee.  She has been on contract trial basis (but well paid) since last April.  She has excelled, they love her, and so the gate is opening for her career.  I am so proud of her:  followed her dream, persisted, worked her ass off and there you are despite a difficult economy.  Youngest daughter is in Junior year of college and working hard and thriving.  My brother is slowly inching towards better mental-emotional-physical health and is working again.  So, some rays of sunshine are peeking out????  This year has been very difficult in many ways.

The V7R bike down and pin was a bit traumatic, but I am healing fast and can fix the problem.  I have thrown in the towel on the G-bike though given higher weight and that far forward side stand.  If I decide I need a higher performance bike I likely am done with Guzzis and would go to Ducati or Triumph.  But it is doubtful I will reach that point for quite a while as the V7R is fast enough, but ABS would help in all this rain riding and traction control. 

Yeah, so doing pretty good for a change.  I need to work on my anger and cranky attitude at work.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »
Another suck day, another spin of the globe.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:53:48 AM by OMG »
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Charles in Lake Charles

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
Yesterday was a great day. My heart doctor rebooted my heart so I don't have to go through another pulmonary vein ablation. Hopefully this reboot will last as long or longer as the last one (three years). Looks like I may make it to GRIT.
TOYS:
98 Yellow Centauro, 93 SPIII, 1978 LeMans,
1977 Convert, 1975 850-T (FOR SALE),
1985 Harley FLTC, 1985 K100RT
2001 Lees-ure Lite Camper,
1988 Mercedes 560SL

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »
rebooted your heart?  I hate it when that happens.   :P

My crop of dill is drying.  The hovel smells good!   ;-T    :food

DungeonMaster

« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »
Day??

Weekend. All in all it was great.
I haven't been on much lately cuz I have been riding my Griso.  :)

Started poorly when the Griso shift lever piviot bolt broke. New one on order.
But.......
My wife Terrie took the Cal state MSF rider workshop and got her motorcycle endorsement this weekend!!   ;-T ;-T ;-T
So now she is spending her spare time hanging out with me in the garage getting the V65 going so she can ride it.
The V65 hasn't run in a few years so I cleaned the carbs. I have to change the oil of course and replace the tires. But first I need to find the key. >:(

I am very happy to get my wife riding her own bike.
One of the MSF instructors was so impressed to hear her say she had a small block Guzzi he offered to buy it sight unseen. She told him "no way".
I married the right woman.

DM

oldbike54

« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
We are hearing some good news  ;-T
Dusty

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »
Rigged sidecar for spotlamps and GPS. I keep bidding on Guzzis, Sportsters, BMWs and Bonnevilles, but apparently I'm as big a wedge arse as my wife says.... ;) If it ain't cheap, it ain't for me... What up, Dusty?
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

oldbike54

« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
Yo Shorty , what are you looking for ? Will you make an appearance at Talihina this year ?
Dusty

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2013, 04:02:50 AM »
            Played lawn bowls today. Getting lessons from a little old lady ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2013, 10:37:50 AM »
Yo Shorty , what are you looking for ? Will you make an appearance at Talihina this year ?
Dusty

I have a Triumph/Ural sidecar and a 250 Honda scooter. Both do their jobs quite well. But, both have a limited comfort range. Good for fun riding around the 'hood or commuting to work, but NOT for a trip to a rally. I told myself I would be satisfied to just ride locally and slowly, but you know how it is.  ;) Probably no Talihina for me. Scooter won't take the hills, and I have not yet built a sidecar trailer. A nice midsize 700 to 1200cc very standard bike would fill the bill. I'll find one at giveaway price yet ;-T
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline Pfaff!

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate"
« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »
As usual...
Wake up at 0500, checking in at work 0630, 15 min lunch at 1200, home at about 1700. Paperwork and meetings all day.
Out on the bicycle in about 1,5 hrs, dinner at 1900, couple of hrs with wife, bed.
Day 2: repeat... :BEER:
Anders Holt

Breva V 750 ie "Rossinante" '03. Running fine ever since. Sold.
Pushing bikes these days.

"El camino amigo, el camino y nada mas"

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »
Is that like croquet without the hammers?

No such luck. If it was I might be a bit more accurate.....or not. It's early days yet. The croquet club is next to the city dump which did not appeal, however bowls is played on plastic grass under a dome which cost $M2.5. No sunburn, no smell ;D
Oz
04 Cali

lucydad

« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »
Dusty,

Just as I thought work was picking up I got slammed today.  No details, but it sucks.  So, I am back to quietly job hunting.
Nola could still happen if a lot of boxes are checked.  I think I will take Friday off to heal up a bit and ride the bike and spend some downtime.  2013 has been the most difficult personal and professional year since 1986-7, and it is not done yet.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2013, 07:42:28 PM »
Looking forward to northern lights tonight, if it remains clear.  They kicked up last night, but we were overcast.

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »
My day was very good, especially from a Guzzi standpoint.  Phil, owner of ClevelandMoto, had received the 2 into 1 warranty replacement exhaust part for my Griso8vSE.  I rode the bike to his shop and arrived an hour before opening time to give it time to cool down.  In the meantime, a good riding buddy met me at the shop, and we went to lunch at a really nice fish place on the Grand River/Lake Erie, while Phil made the repairs.  Picked the bike up shortly after 3pm and headed home.

After arriving home, I found the paperwork confirming the warranty work on my email (thanks, Emmy!)

The ride from ClevelandMoto was not a direct ride home, but a lovely ride on some nice back roads that took me to Ohio SR 608 south, followed by more backroads that got me headed west.  Temps were right, no rain, just some overcast with dim sunlight ..... a perfect end to a very good day.

I'll remember today ................... ..
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2013, 08:49:03 PM »
Went for a ride from Geelong to Torquay yesterday. Really strong side winds with gusts up to 130 kmh, but sunny. Walked around a bit in Torquay and then went to a cafe for lunch. And that's when the rain started. I thought I'd wait it out, but after an hour, it wasn't letting up. I had no wet weather gear with me so I had to swallow some concrete and harden up. Got absolutely drowned on the way back to Geelong. At every stop light I raised my hands so that the water could run out of my gloves. The Revit Sand pants and jacket kept the rain off the rest of me though. Was I miserable? Nah, I was riding the Griso...it's always a ball of fun, no matter the weather.
Wyno

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
      I'll remember today ................... ..
A day not remembered is a day not worth living......
 ;)
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

barenekd

« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »
Met the Moto Euro Breakfast club in Temecula and did a 280 mile ride on the V7R. It was a great day. Had a tough time keeping up with those liter bikes, but the fun was there trying! The temps didn't get too carried away and it was a great day!
Bare

Offline cj750

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Viva tutte le cose Italiane"
« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
Shorty:

Here ya go: http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/4027367452.html

Cheap, shaft drive and ready to ride.

Dusty says you'll have the only one at the rally.
Then again, when I was watching Predator I didn't think two members of its cast would become governors, either. So you never know.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2013, 02:19:48 AM »
Looking forward to northern lights tonight, if it remains clear.  They kicked up last night, but we were overcast.

Even made it on our TV news tonight; looks absolutely spectacular. ;-T
03 Breva

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #359 on: October 03, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
Every second that passes is one that I never have to relive.

Now you're starting to get ME down, and that ain't easy.

Time for a long long ride for you, buddy ...  ;-T

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here