Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093609 times)

bwarebear

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1800 on: August 19, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »
Hey there,

My name is Ben Ware, I'm 28, live in Nashville, TN and work for an IT company. Lots of off-road riding but zero street/road experience. Road with a friend on his Guzzi V7 Stone in Italy a few months ago and was blown away. I've got the itch, the wife's approval, and about a thousand questions!

Cheers.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1801 on: August 19, 2015, 10:17:57 PM »
Hey there,

My name is Ben Ware, I'm 28, live in Nashville, TN and work for an IT company. Lots of off-road riding but zero street/road experience. Road with a friend on his Guzzi V7 Stone in Italy a few months ago and was blown away. I've got the itch, the wife's approval, and about a thousand questions!

Cheers.

Welcome! 

Off-road riding is one of the best ways to start out well in street riding; it's how many of us learned ......

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

ToniMacaroni

« Reply #1802 on: August 22, 2015, 06:18:56 AM »
Hello,

I'm Toni,I am 54 yrs old.
married
Living in the Netherlands.
After illness I sold my Harley, because it became to heavy for me to handle.
But once the virus gets in your blood, you can't really do without a motorcycle.
So bought myself a Moto Guzzi v65 lario last April.
It had a broken clutch. And had been severely commuted.
I tryed to turn it in to a caferacer. And heaving fun while doing it.
Sorry for my sometimes poor English.
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/tonskatetva/?action=view&current=IMG_0552_zps77f2d2eb.jpg

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1803 on: August 22, 2015, 09:19:57 AM »
Hello,

I'm Toni,I am 54 yrs old.
married
Living in the Netherlands.
After illness I sold my Harley, because it became to heavy for me to handle.
But once the virus gets in your blood, you can't really do without a motorcycle.
So bought myself a Moto Guzzi v65 lario last April.
It had a broken clutch. And had been severely commuted.
I tryed to turn it in to a caferacer. And heaving fun while doing it.
Sorry for my sometimes poor English.
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/tonskatetva/?action=view&current=IMG_0552_zps77f2d2eb.jpg

Nice clean purposeful-looking bike.

If your first experience with a Guzzi is tackling a clutch job, then you're ready for anything now!    Your English is fine, better than some Americans I know .... !

Lannis

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1803 on: August 22, 2015, 09:19:57 AM »

mikecosentino

« Reply #1804 on: August 22, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm Mike, 35. I've been riding a Vespa (150 and then 300) since 2010 and will be getting a blue V7 II Special in early September. I'm really excited.

ToniMacaroni

« Reply #1805 on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »
Nice clean purposeful-looking bike.

If your first experience with a Guzzi is tackling a clutch job, then you're ready for anything now!    Your English is fine, better than some Americans I know .... !

Lannis
Thanks Lannis,

I really love wrenching  on the Guzzi ,because it's so easy.  :thumb:

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1806 on: August 22, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »
Thanks Lannis,

I really love wrenching  on the Guzzi ,because it's so easy.  :thumb:

Yep. Small blocks (and Earth girls) are easy..  :laugh: Nice job on the cafe.  :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

ToniMacaroni

« Reply #1807 on: August 23, 2015, 02:58:08 AM »
Yep. Small blocks (and Earth girls) are easy..  :laugh: Nice job on the cafe.  :thumb:
Thanks Chuck,

I have been reading your topic,on te rehab off the Lario.
great job and write up! :bow:

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1808 on: August 24, 2015, 04:44:29 PM »
Thanks Chuck,

I have been reading your topic,on te rehab off the Lario.
great job and write up! :bow:

<Elvis/1> Thankya thankya <Elvis/0>  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Toystoretom

• New Egg
« Reply #1809 on: August 26, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »
Howdy! I'm Tom from the Kansas City area.. 62, married, ASE master tech doing Nissans for the last 23 years. I've got a boatload of bikes but have never had a Guzzi until I bought a 2001 California Special at Baxter's rally about a week ago. Apparently I'm about 2 miles away from Harper's Moto Guzzi but I've never been there (I can't find the place, he must be in the woods or something). I'll see you guys around!

Tom

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1810 on: August 27, 2015, 08:10:28 AM »
Howdy! I'm Tom from the Kansas City area.. 62, married, ASE master tech doing Nissans for the last 23 years. I've got a boatload of bikes but have never had a Guzzi until I bought a 2001 California Special at Baxter's rally about a week ago. Apparently I'm about 2 miles away from Harper's Moto Guzzi but I've never been there (I can't find the place, he must be in the woods or something). I'll see you guys around!

Tom

I remember you from Y2K Night!

You were working in your garage on 12/31/1999, and at the stroke of midnight, white-hot demons straight from Perdition came pouring up out of the floor drain.    Your Pekingese dog saved the world by attacking them and herding them all back into the drain ....

If that was another ToystoreTom, then just forget I mentioned it .....

Lannis

Offline V7Guzzi_Girl

• New Egg
« Reply #1811 on: August 27, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
Natalie
Unemployed (quit yesterday)
San Diego but Texas bound!! (moving on Saturday, Bike follows me in September)

oldbike54

« Reply #1812 on: August 27, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »
Natalie

Where in Texas Natalie ? We have some events coming up out here in Texas and Southern Oklahoma , would love to have you attend .

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1813 on: August 27, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »
Natalie

"Unemployed" can be a very free-ing condition, but as I'm sure you know ... looking for a job IS a full time job, it just doesn't pay anything.

Good luck with the move and the job future!

Lannis

Fuzzy

« Reply #1814 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »
Kent Harris
Retired
Married
A son
Madison, WI /Valencia, Espaņa

Offline V7Guzzi_Girl

• New Egg
« Reply #1815 on: August 27, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
"Unemployed" can be a very free-ing condition, but as I'm sure you know ... looking for a job IS a full time job, it just doesn't pay anything.

Good luck with the move and the job future!

Lannis

Thanks Lannis!

Offline vntgmx

• New Egg
« Reply #1816 on: August 27, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »
Just picked up a new leftover V7 special black/orange at a steal of a price due to the aggressive rebates the factory is offering. First Guzzi but hardly my first bike   :grin:
Looking forward to the ride & the help that this site offers as I get into Guzzi life.
56 so lots of good riding years ahead  :bike-037:

tarsky68

« Reply #1817 on: August 27, 2015, 06:49:08 PM »
Brett Dunn
Lancaster, PA

Sell, support and train SolidWorks (3D CAD software)

2013 MG Griso 1200 - set up Mad Maxx Style...you know, for when the zombies come
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 - for sale - anyone???
Many other bikes in the past

Just got my 2nd Guzzi in the stable, a 2014 Stelvio in Orange.  Love it so far...goodbye Ducati!

Offline Toystoretom

• New Egg
« Reply #1818 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:56 PM »
I remember you from Y2K Night!

You were working in your garage on 12/31/1999, and at the stroke of midnight, white-hot demons straight from Perdition came pouring up out of the floor drain.    Your Pekingese dog saved the world by attacking them and herding them all back into the drain ....

If that was another ToystoreTom, then just forget I mentioned it .....

Hey Lannis!
That was me... and Otis. He was kind of a land going piranha. He thrived for quite a few years on a steady diet of small children but finally passed, no one lives forever. He has a worthy replacement... Ozzy Osbone, so we are all safe from floor drain demons for awhile. It's good to hear from you!

Tom

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1819 on: August 27, 2015, 09:00:13 PM »
Ulrik,

education: Marine Engineer, Currently working as a Mechanic Field Engineer building cementplants.

Denmark

Had two Yamahas as my first bikes, but have always wanted a guzzi, just ever could afford it. So after finishing as a Marine Engineer, I promptly went out to buy an old guzzi.  :grin:

It is currently a project, but I posted a picture in the Custom guzzi rant thread. The bike is currently in pieces and is waiting for me to assemble it onto a new frame. I will be posting more about the project in its own thread.

Have been lurking here for a long time just to suck up as much information as possible  :grin:

See you all on the board! And the roads if  any of you might be in Europe or Denmark

-Ulrik
Moto Guzzi 850 T5 (850 sport) - 1985
Moto Guzzi Ambassador - 1967
Yamaha FZR 600 - 1996 - SOLD

Offline novaboy

• New Egg
    • Big land Adventure Films
« Reply #1820 on: August 29, 2015, 07:36:15 PM »

Hey Folks,

First Guzzi at the ripe ol' age of 46. Picked up a leftover 2014 V7 Stone. Love it. Have never become this passionate about a motorcycle ever. I've owned a few. Everything from a Honda Z50 as a kid, to a Suzuki Vstrom 1000.

Living on the east coast of Canada in New Brunswick (it's next door to Maine) I fly a corporate jet for a wealthy family business. In my spare time I dabble in art, videography, editing, and blogging.

That's it, plan on being a life long Guzzi owner now.

Poncho

« Reply #1821 on: August 30, 2015, 08:06:05 AM »
Poncho, cuz that's what they call me. Hey I didn't get to choose.
She says I'm 6 on the inside, 60 on the outside, Thats worth at least 66, I should retire soon?
Dab smack in the heart of Tejas, riding don't get any better. But yet somehow it does!
I sell stuff. Lots of it. Mostly hvac controls. Hey some folks need this stuff.
I got a new Califonia v14 goose. It's my 4th and best yet.
Had a v7 stone play bike, v11 griso and v11 lemans.
Them are just my gooses, or are they geesesters?

Offline vntgmx

• New Egg
« Reply #1822 on: August 30, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
Here's a pic from my maiden voyage on the leftover 2014 V7 Special I picked up on thursday.

Offline xander18

• New Egg
« Reply #1823 on: August 31, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
Hey guys,

I put a little intro in my first thread with questions but I'll go here too.

I'm a mechanical engineer in the Detroit area. Been a gearhead and motorhead for my whole life but actually never owned a Guzzi. My dad has had them for many years so I've been exposed. He's got 3 Eldos, 2 V11s (a Quota and a Jackal), and 1 V50 (that I will probably buy soonish).

We just talked a family member into picking up a 1974 police bike that I found for sale in the Detroit area. So it's at my shop for the next month or so, giving me some time to wrench on it before it gets shipped out to California. Really terrific motorcycle, I'll be sad to see it go.

I also have old Saab 900s, did the Alfa thing for a bit (GTV6), my first car is still around and was a 1972 Duster, and a 12v Cummins serves as fleet support.
--
1997 California 1100i

Other afflictions:
Alfa Romeo (recovering)
Saab 900 (recovering)
Mopar (active addiction)

Offline bellalucy

• New Egg
« Reply #1824 on: September 01, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »
Tom here from a very damp Florida "suncoast". Bought a leftover 2013 v7 special (black and yellow) about 2 weeks ago from Adventure Motorsports of NW Florida. Retired plumbing contractor 67 yrs old. Also have a 2003 BMW 1150rs. Love the light weight and handling of the v7.

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1825 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
Here's a pic from my maiden voyage on the leftover 2014 V7 Special I picked up on thursday.

I likes it. Welcome to WG..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #1826 on: September 01, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
Tom here from a very damp Florida "suncoast". Bought a leftover 2013 v7 special (black and yellow) about 2 weeks ago from Adventure Motorsports of NW Florida. Retired plumbing contractor 67 yrs old. Also have a 2003 BMW 1150rs. Love the light weight and handling of the v7.

Welcome and I'm jealous.  Was seriously thinking about doing what you just did but couldn't quite pull the trigger.  Great color choice.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline shaka

• New Egg
« Reply #1827 on: September 02, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »
Good evening, fellow Guzzisti,
My name's Tony, an "elderly retired gentleman" living in Northern Delaware, known as "the first state."
After a lapse of 29 years and many happy hours on BMW /2s & /5s, and a Norton Fastback in between, I'm about to acquire my very first Moto Guzzi.
I have one of two in mind--a Convert of uncertain year and mileage that's currently being expertly restored, or an unmolested 1998 EV1100 Cali with <15K on the clock, fuel injection, electronic ignition, tubeless rims.
I'd be forever grateful for any and all opinions, reactions, harsh criticisms and sound advice about which bike might be preferable. My riding style is alternately long-distance touring and leisurely afternoon twisties on the back roads of Delaware and PA.
My wife does refuse to ride any bike for reasons of safety. I myself have a bucket list that includes a motorcycle trip from Delaware to New Mexico, where I'd rather be anyway. I lived there from 1970 to 1986, and it's been beckoning me to return since I left.
So, can anyone give me guidance in my choice-making? I thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:17:51 PM by shaka »
1998 V11 EV
Long Ago:
Norton Fastback
R50/2
R60/5

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1828 on: September 03, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »
Good evening, fellow Guzzisti,
My name's Tony, an "elderly retired gentleman" living in Northern Delaware, known as "the first state."
After a lapse of 29 years and many happy hours on BMW /2s & /5s, and a Norton Fastback in between, I'm about to acquire my very first Moto Guzzi.
I have one of two in mind--a Convert of uncertain year and mileage that's currently being expertly restored, or an unmolested 1998 EV1100 Cali with <15K on the clock, fuel injection, electronic ignition, tubeless rims.
I'd be forever grateful for any and all opinions, reactions, harsh criticisms and sound advice about which bike might be preferable. My riding style is alternately long-distance touring and leisurely afternoon twisties on the back roads of Delaware and PA.
My wife does refuse to ride any bike for reasons of safety. I myself have a bucket list that includes a motorcycle trip from Delaware to New Mexico, where I'd rather be anyway. I lived there from 1970 to 1986, and it's been beckoning me to return since I left.
So, can anyone give me guidance in my choice-making? I thank you for your time.

Welcome!

Both of those bikes will do anything you want to do.    The Convert is sometimes an "acquired taste", since with its torque converter it "feels" very different from a transmission bike.    You give it lots of throttle from a stop to keep up with traffic, and the engine sounds like it's running way faster than it needs to, but "faster" is the sweet spot for a Guzzi engine and they are great both in town (where you don't have to paddle along shifting back and forth from first to neutral in stop-and-go traffic to keep from overheating the clutch) and on the highway, where they just cruise happily all day long.

The '98 has 20-year-later suspension and brakes, and a lot of people think it's the "best of breed" for the EV touring bikes.

If you can, ride them both and see which one "speaks" to you.   If you can't, then flip a coin; you can't lose!!

Lannis

ajwood

« Reply #1829 on: September 04, 2015, 01:16:46 AM »
gave up transit bus driving - bought a bike - wanna hit the road next week. (V7 Stone).

The suspension is still so tight I want to call it police suspension.
This is the cleanest it'll be because it's 4200 miles round trip Tucson AZ > Venango County PA and that doesn't include
side trip to Kennywood Park or Flight 93 memorial or anywhere else.... like Montauk Point NY.
I wanted to start at Fulton Beach in San Fransisco and stay on I-80 to Long Island NY but that's dreamin' big time.
The GoPro will clamp to the left side of handlebars or maybe left turn-signal mount arm.

Been talking to Laminar Lip in Santa Ana, CA and considering it to get air flow layered over me to extend virtual height of windshield effectiveness.
I had a lip installed onto my BV350 windshield a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it - miss that scooter.
Rather than buy a stock lip over the phone they insist on a custom fit in person. That's only 850 more miles to the trip (ugg).
Now that the V7 has been "first-serviced" it wants to pull some state lines to the rear.

Rizoma glare resistant mirrors:
[
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____
Guzzi accessory windshield:

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____
Techmount cellphone holder and DC panel jack:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here