Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Bevel Drive Bolts
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 09:24:40 AM »
have you done this procedure?  a large screwdriver cannot fit in the slot that the ring sits in.  this is not my first experience of circlips or similar.  the ring moves around its slot preventing getting underneath it.  something about this very easily removable ring is not right.  i dont know if someone has been in this before and buggered it about but this will simply not move.  there is not enough room to get anything under it, believe me i have extensive tools to be able to do this.

fella, this is not about ego.  i am trying to do things myself and learn...nothing to do with ego.  thanks for your really helpful advice.  i thought this was a respectful forum.
Easy Sir.
You have some very experienced guys here attempting to help you with this endeavor.
I have not seen a foul here. Just give it a chance to get a more clear explanation👍

Dan
General Discussion / Re: 1973 V7 Sport Cylinder Relining Millenium
« Last post by Richiez22908 on Today at 09:24:09 AM »
Ok... really stupid question.

Finally back in town and got back to work on it this morning. On the right head, the intake valve is open. So the rocker pin has pressure on it. I don't want to just force it out and have the rocker pop off. How can I relieve the pressure on that rocker... do I have to find a way to turn the crank?

General Discussion / Re: KAOKO THROTTLE lock Breva?
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 09:17:17 AM »
I watched the video and it appears to be a good product. However itís way overpriced for what it is, IMO.
If someone would produce a knockoff for in a good price range Iíd definitely be interested.
General Discussion / Re: Stelvio vs V85 tt
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 09:14:36 AM »
My Stelvio gets 40 with regular on the road trips,35 locally.Your 17 is the last year so may get pricey in a few years,not worth much now.So buy the tt and ride both.
General Discussion / Re: End of the Gold Wing?
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 09:09:06 AM »
Read it again.
"Maybe we wonít be that affected by the decision, especially since it seems these are only specific sub-models from series, and because there is a special emphasis on the Japanese market."
The wing is their cash cow in the US.
Totally agree👍
General Discussion / Re: Whatcha Workin' On ?
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 09:07:25 AM »
Iíve been lowering the bridge height a couple thousandís at a time to lower the strings.
It takes a while due to having to remove the strings after each adjustment.

« Last post by cliffrod on Today at 08:54:12 AM »
General Discussion / Re: Bevel Drive Bolts
« Last post by Wayne Orwig on Today at 08:52:48 AM »
Is the bearing race up against the clip trapping it in place? Maybe (heat and) press the bearing race away from the clip for more working room.
« Last post by kingoffleece on Today at 08:46:02 AM »
You guys are talented.  I'm working on a nice bottle of 15 year old Bourbon and holiday lunch for the fam.
Cheers!
General Discussion / Re: End of the Gold Wing?
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 08:45:55 AM »
Read it again.
"Maybe we wonít be that affected by the decision, especially since it seems these are only specific sub-models from series, and because there is a special emphasis on the Japanese market."
The wing is their cash cow in the US.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here