Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: nevada
« Last post by Gustav on August 18, 2022, 06:17:28 AM »
Good morning. Thank you Steve for the service manual, as I have neither the owners manual or anything else. Thank you Chuck for the thread and confirming that there are other Nevada owners out there. Paul
General Discussion / The bits in-between
« Last post by tris on August 18, 2022, 06:13:19 AM »
I like the bits when I'm not riding as much as the riding part

Show us your bits in-between  :thumb:
General Discussion / Re: Nuovo Falcone Civile Update
« Last post by huub on August 18, 2022, 05:36:04 AM »
technically hardly any differences between the years , even between the civile and military bikes
the differences are bodywork , exhaust, airfilter.
and a shorter gearing on the military bikes. 
General Discussion / Re: ngk plugs discontinued (updated)
« Last post by Bulldog9 on August 18, 2022, 05:30:19 AM »
All I know is that Eraldo Ferracci would insist on using those OEM metal clad spark plug caps (over brownish phenolic looking innards) on the 851 Ducatis. And FWIW, Dr John once told me by running .025 or .028" gaps I was losing torque. He said use .035. YMMV...

What I'll never understand is how you can have ignition wires with a core of material that would not appear to be of a conducting material (silicon core, plastic looking shite).

My grandfather who was a NYC cop spent the last few years working in a NYPD garage as a mechanic and supervisor rather than a desk job after getting hurt while serving as a motorcycle officer in upper Manhattan.  He was one of the lucky few to ride the old Indian police bikes in the 50's and 60's.

Anyhow, your recalling Dr. John reminded me of a trick he taught me back when I was a kid, that increasing plug gap on an air cooled engine or high powered motor would result in more power and torque, but you had to have a healthy fuel and ignition system, or you would hobble the motor. He was also a fanatic about indexing the plugs to get as ideal and equal combustion as possible. Man I miss him.

I prefer the R plugs to non R plugs with or without R caps. They result in a cleaner spark (as was stated earlier) due to the resistor.

Use what makes you most comfortable.  I've had similar performance from ND and NGK plugs, but prefer old school copper NGK's or BOSCH to just about anything.
General Discussion / Re: ngk plugs discontinued (updated)
« Last post by mtiberio on August 18, 2022, 04:55:27 AM »
All I know is that Eraldo Ferracci would insist on using those OEM metal clad spark plug caps (over brownish phenolic looking innards) on the 851 Ducatis. And FWIW, Dr John once told me by running .025 or .028" gaps I was losing torque. He said use .035. YMMV...

What I'll never understand is how you can have ignition wires with a core of material that would not appear to be of a conducting material (silicon core, plastic looking shite).
General Discussion / Re: nevada
« Last post by chuck peterson on August 18, 2022, 03:02:07 AM »
Similar thread a while ago… read it here. May or may not apply

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=115706.0

Love my 07 Nevada and welcome
General Discussion / Re: V50 driveshaft grease
« Last post by remfanuk on August 18, 2022, 01:37:28 AM »
Thanks...i have ordered LIQUI MOLY 2591 Oil additive and flux brushes and will put a think coat on all the splines.  i have also ordered the bmw lubricant in the link on my previous reply.  thanks for your help.
General Discussion / Re: Uh oh..
« Last post by Huzo on August 17, 2022, 10:53:05 PM »
I had a similar problem with an F08 Brembo with dual 6mm bleeders on my 850T. After one bleeder broke off and I failed to get it out by drilling and using two different styles of EZ outs, I gave up and bought a newer style single 8 mm bleeder F08 from MG Cycle.
When Maynard heard me tell my story of failure, he informed me that he had carefully drilled these out. tapped, and installed an 8mm bleeder in place of the original 6mm.  Would you have enough material on this caliper to try and make that modification as a last alternative should the threads on your current attempt be inadequate?
Looks like there’s a fair bit of meat there.
General Discussion / Re: Nuovo Falcone Civile Update
« Last post by Off @ 90 on August 17, 2022, 10:48:47 PM »
That Civile looks great quite sporty Leafman .Have been reading the NF thread on Adv Bike with interest.
 How much difference is there as far as engine /gearbox internals go between a 1970 NF to the end of production in '76 ?
If looking to own one of these fine work horse machines is there much advantage  buying a later model ?
General Discussion / Re: Western Adventure NAR, Ouray
« Last post by alanp on August 17, 2022, 10:39:58 PM »
Please check back here before the NAR for more details on specific plans that I will post in the next couple of weeks.  And there will be several folks riding down from the Denver and Colo Springs areas, so let me know if you would like to ride along and I can get you the details for meeting up.

My cel is 303-944-8594.  Texting is best.  Feel free to contact if you have any questions.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here