General Category > General Discussion

Rosso Corsa

<< < (10/10)

guzzisteve:

--- Quote from: Dave Swanson on March 28, 2023, 05:41:21 PM ---OK, I thought I knew a bit about Guzzi's but I am drawing a blank on the BillyBob model.  Spill the beans please.   :grin:

--- End quote ---
Dealer Tech Slang for Ballabio, Aprillia's Dorsoduro was called a DonkeyD**k.  Just easier to pronounce.

Dave Swanson:

--- Quote from: Joliet Jim on March 29, 2023, 08:53:44 AM ---I'm shocked that you are unaware of the Moto Guzzi V11 BillyBob. It's the southern version of the Ballabio

--- End quote ---

I'm shocked and dismayed also!    :embarrassed:  :grin:

It appears that the main difference between the Ballabio and my 04 V11S is handlebars vs. clip ons, correct?  My aging frame is craving those Ballabio handlebars!

guzzisteve:
Big difference between the two, one has frame mounted bug screen & the other is mounted to top triple tree. One is stationary the other moves w/front end. I converted one to do the other & made a bracket for it. The owner didn't want clip-on's but handlebars. Not easy at all. I still have the bracket sketch in my files I think. That was in 08, I also did an Aprillia RSV to handlebars, again not easy.

Don G:

--- Quote from: Dave Swanson on March 29, 2023, 10:00:40 AM ---I'm shocked and dismayed also!    :embarrassed:  :grin:

It appears that the main difference between the Ballabio and my 04 V11S is handlebars vs. clip ons, correct?  My aging frame is craving those Ballabio handlebars!

--- End quote ---
Maybe you need a Cafe Sport.   DonG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version