Author Topic: Promotions on Model Year 14 Guzzi's  (Read 9341 times)

Offline Curtis Harper

• Gaggle Hero
    • Harpers Moto Guzzi
Promotions on Model Year 14 Guzzi's
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »
Just a heads up, there are now some pretty good incentives for left over Cali 1400's and V7 Racers. 140s have trade in an new customer bonus' and good financing, V7 models have $500 cash and good financing. If you've been looking now might be a good time to talk with your local dealer.
More Moto Guzzi parts than anywhere.
www.harpermoto.com
1-816-697-3411
curtis@harpermotocom

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Promotions on Model Year 14 Guzzi's
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »
These look like pretty darn good promotions.

Trade in ANY brand and get $2000 for it!  Even if you don't have anything to trade, they are offering new customers $1500 bucks towards a Cali.  Good deals on v7s too!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »
Piaggio really stepped up!  These incentives are free of dealer contribution so now is the time to make a deal on California's and V7's.  .99% financing for 36 month's and zero cash down is  almost free money.

Walt
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:08:22 PM »
Too bad they don't have this deal for a Norge.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »
Too bad they don't have this deal for a Norge.

If you don't mind a non current Norge, MI has your back. http://www.motointernational.com/catalog/hot-deals/2013-moto-guzzi-norge-gt-8v
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Semper-guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 12:34:02 AM »
So is it 2 grand on top of what your trade is worth?
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

2003 California Aluminum RiP :(
2001 Jackal :)

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 05:29:06 AM »
If you don't mind a non current Norge, MI has your back. http://www.motointernational.com/catalog/hot-deals/2013-moto-guzzi-norge-gt-8v

That's a heckuva good deal on a new Norge!

All of these expiring-year markdowns seem great but there is a downside.

It feeds into the pervasive buying attitude of many potential Guzzi purchasers to simply wait til year end or beyond and pick up a bike for the liquidation price instead of buying current new.  This puts further pressure on dealers' profit margin for selling the Guzzi brand, as well as the profit of the parent company, and is a big reason so many dealers do not stick very long with the marque.   It also compromises the value of the bikes out there that have already been purchased and teaches the lesson that you should never go in and buy a Guzzi until it becomes left-over stock.

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 06:42:36 AM »
But it's always like that, cars, bikes-one pays a premium to have the newest of the new.

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:56 AM »
But it's always like that, cars, bikes-one pays a premium to have the newest of the new.

Yes but the problem with Guzzi is nobody will pay the premium! Too many sales are close-outs. In recent months I've talked with substantial dealers who have dropped Guzzi and they say the same thing.  It's not worth it. No money and huge problems dealing with MGNA.

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 06:57:53 AM »
  Not taking anything away from MI but we have a 2013 Norge that could have come from the same lot.  We were just about to list 3 different bikes with the same deals. Basicly we will match the offer for the same new 2013 Black Norge, good deal if you are closer to the east coast.
Walt
Europa Macchina

As far as problems with MGNA, I have found that Piaggio steps up for covering the customer.  An example is we are covering a tappet recall at the present that was never done under Aprilla.  You think BMW would have done that?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
Re:
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 07:03:01 AM »
So is it 2 grand on top of what your trade is worth?

YES, or make your best deal and then take an extra $1,500.00 off the bottom line.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 07:15:14 AM »

Kent, that is a good deal. Unfortunately I really don't like the black one nor the current shit brown one they offer. I wish they would bring back the red one like my 07.

1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 11:35:15 AM »
Kent, that is a good deal. Unfortunately I really don't like the black one nor the current shit brown one they offer. I wish they would bring back the red one like my 07.

There you go, excuses excuses.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Semper-guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
Re:
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 07:39:29 PM »
I wonder what my jackals worth? Love that new 1400.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

2003 California Aluminum RiP :(
2001 Jackal :)

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »

You know, there is this stuff called "paint".
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 10:15:55 PM »
Color is a very personal thing and the last thing I would suggest is buying any vehicle that you look at and go yuk, I shoulda bought the other one. My problem with black for me has been never hating the color but some blacks just show every spec of dirt.  The metallic in the Guzzi black sort of negates a lot of that and it is growing on me.  That said I own a white Norge and would have bought red if available. Or maybe silver or gray, I guess I just like Norges.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 11:21:48 PM »
That's a heckuva good deal on a new Norge!

All of these expiring-year markdowns seem great but there is a downside.

It feeds into the pervasive buying attitude of many potential Guzzi purchasers to simply wait til year end or beyond and pick up a bike for the liquidation price instead of buying current new.  This puts further pressure on dealers' profit margin for selling the Guzzi brand, as well as the profit of the parent company, and is a big reason so many dealers do not stick very long with the marque.   It also compromises the value of the bikes out there that have already been purchased and teaches the lesson that you should never go in and buy a Guzzi until it becomes left-over stock.

Here here ........... I'm one of those affected........... . bummer.

Cheers.

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
You know, there is this stuff called "paint".

Kent, yes I could paint the bike but I honestly don't feel like taking on that project as I already have enough projects. Plus, between shipping costs and painting costs I might as well buy a local bike.

Honestly, I'm going to wait as I have heard rumors of different colors coming out in the next round of Norge production.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

dilligaf

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »
waltr posted: "As far as problems with MGNA, I have found that Piaggio steps up for covering the customer.  An example is we are covering a tappet recall at the present that was never done under Aprilla.  You think BMW would have done that".

Times change but back in the day the answer would have been yes. We never had a problem with BMW covering warranty.  Some of what BMW called normal "wear and tear" I had to question but, the dealers knew in advance if they read the bulletins. On the other hand, some of the stuff they covered was "YGTBSM".  Along as they paid that's all that counts.  :BEER:
Matt

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 12:22:54 AM »
Color is a very personal thing and the last thing I would suggest is buying any vehicle that you look at and go yuk, I shoulda bought the other one. My problem with black for me has been never hating the color but some blacks just show every spec of dirt.  The metallic in the Guzzi black sort of negates a lot of that and it is growing on me.  That said I own a white Norge and would have bought red if available. Or maybe silver or gray, I guess I just like Norges.

I have a black Suzuki, black Piaggio MP3 and had a black 750 Ambassador.    I find none shows dirt as fast as any other colors I've had.  OTOH, none of my rigs are spotless very often.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:25:00 AM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
  Dilligaf said: Times change but back in the day the answer would have been yes. We never had a problem with BMW covering warranty.  Some of what BMW called normal "wear and tear" I had to question but, the dealers knew in advance if they read the bulletins. On the other hand, some of the stuff they covered was "YGTBSM".  Along as they paid that's all that counts.
Matt

Unfortunately that was then and this is now.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here