Author Topic: Hyper Pro Street Box for 08 Norge  (Read 586 times)

Offline nwguy

• Gosling
    • Jim Gallant's home page
Hyper Pro Street Box for 08 Norge
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:36:39 PM »
Any opinions on Hyper Pro's Street Box product for a 2008 Norge?

https://www.webshop-hyperpro.com/en/motorbike/moto-guzzi/1200-norge/1200-norge/2006-2009/suspension/front-and-rear-suspension/streetbox/SB-MG12-0AA-A

I sent them an email asking about the springs and shock being "one size fits all" rather than the custom built shocks and different weight springs I've seen. I also asked if they'd substitute 20 weight fork oil for the 15 weight. I'm maybe 210 pounds and tour with camping gear. Last trip I scraped quite a bit of metal off my side stand. I tend to ride in a "spirited manner" in the twisties. Any better solutions without breaking the bank? I've read other threads but am not sure how much of the info is current.

Would simply swapping the fork oil and putting on a heavier spring be adequate?

Am now reading about setting preload and rebound. Guess I should measure sag first and try adjusting the rear shock before buying anything.
Current:  08 Norge, 06 Suzuki Burgman, 06 Yamaha Morphous

Past:  3 Buell Lightnings, 02 BMW R1150RS
05 Ducati Multistrada, First gen Kawasaki Concours, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, 02 Honda ST110, Aprilia Falco, Suzuki VX800, Yamaha Radian, Suzuki TS185, Yamaha RD400

Offline Stratodisaster

• New Egg
Re: Hyper Pro Street Box for 08 Norge
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »
I’ve got 15w in mine and just about a miles on w. Va ,pa. Md and va. I’m going back to 10. Not good on rough roads.
Scuotere sonaglio e rotolare

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 09:57:44 AM »
Hey NW guy

I have the heavier spring (not installed on a shock) I bought from the Seattle Dealer (Dave Richardson's shop- cant remember name) new and never installed. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I can send pics... 
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 10:28:13 AM »
My '07 Norge had a very weak spring on the back. Guzzi changed that at some point, but I don't know where yours falls in that equation.

I did that Hyperpro package to my Norge and it transformed it. I don't recall the particulars any more other than the new front springs were progressive rate and they didn't have it put together as a package. At the time, the price of admission was several hundred dollars more and I considered it very worth it.

John Henry

Yes, I did the same with my 07 and it made a huge difference along with a valving kit for the front forks. 
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 10:28:13 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here