Author Topic: Let's see your helmets!  (Read 16720 times)

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Let's see your helmets!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »
I'll have to send you my latest Dead & Co recording from the last show I attended in Boulder.  First recording I have of "He's Gone" (and leading into "the Other One"). 

I edited out "Steal Your Face" from my original post since I didn't think that it was good joojoo for a Helmet. 

And thanks again for the emblem John.

We'll miss you and Greenie @ The Mile!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »
I’ve always been a SHOEI kinda guy.

o

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »
We'll miss you and Greenie @ The Mile!

Going to take a European Tour for all of Sept.  Should be back the Okie Campout.  I have an RV site booked.  Plan to be a the Mile in '19.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »
Going to take a European Tour for all of Sept.  Should be back the Okie Campout.  I have an RV site booked.  Plan to be a the Mile in '19.

My buddy Jim just got back from Iceland. His pictures were specktacular! He walked right in a guns and roses concert in The capitol City Rankyovick?????? No sure on spelling. He taped Slash doing a solo. That dude is getting a handle on that guitar pickin’

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
Nolan n104 modular for me.

2017 V9 Roamer

Offline JoeKirby

• New Egg
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »

basic white Fly helmet to match the bike but with a little added Moto Guzzi decal.
My favorite rides:
1978 Triumph Bonneville
2005 Triumph Thruxton
2007 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Moto Guzzi V9
Beechcraft BE24R

Offline rschrum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »

15 GRISO
00 ZX12r
07 Tuono Factory
01 ZRX 1200R
19 Monster 1200R
2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R
08 Ducati s4rs Tricolore
22 Indian FTR Championship
Central Iowa

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 01:37:49 AM »
Still wearing my old half shell from Harley days.
Been thinking about more protection, maybe 3/4, but this one feels like part of me after 12 years.
Never wore full face in all my days.

Nice bike!!

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline Dukedesmo

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 05:36:15 AM »
After years of Arais, they changed the sizing and the same size didn't fit me any more so I looked around and ended up with an Xlite carbon helmet;

Fits me better than the old Arai and is much lighter, ventilation is as good and is a little quieter, only downsides are; it fogs easier when stationary but that's probably because it seals around the chin much tighter (can remove the seal if required), it's a little tighter to get glasses under it and having a wider/higher chinbar means I need to actively tilt my head down to see the speedo on more upright bikes but the face opening is higher meaning I don't have to bend my neck quite so far back in a full-blown sports/race crouch.

Plus it was a little over half the price of the Arai and a small fraction of the price of a carbon Arai...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:36:46 AM by Dukedesmo »
Le Mans II
Ducati 916
Ducati M900

Offline blakestree

• New Egg
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 07:33:37 AM »
2014 V7 Special

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »

I bought a Bell Bullitt and it is a really nice helmet. I have the bubble shield on it.
Bloody hell, that's a nice blue...!

Offline Rusnak_322

• Gosling
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 09:07:47 AM »
Bloody hell, that's a nice blue...!

thanks,
bike or helmet color? I originally bought a white bell to paint to match the bike, then they had these blue ones on sale with the brown liner, so I went that route.

I chose the most masculine of cars for the paint color. It is VW denim blue.

1975 Moto Guzzi 850T - café racer in progress
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »
another N44 user here. not the quietest, but the versatility and field of vision trumps other deficiencies.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:34:15 AM by kidsmoke »
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline WHY

• New Egg
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »

Been riding with a Shoei RF1100 for years, just switch to this AGV X3000 this summer
2011 V7 Racer

Offline dustybarn

• New Egg
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 10:32:09 AM »
Another Bell Bullitt, but in the Evel color scheme. Goes with my '70 Ambo

'70 Ambo, w/ International (I think) sidecar, '63 Triumph TR4, '67 Datsun 1600, '81 DeLorean, '53 Packard, '85 Jag XJS, '97 Pontiac Firebird, '87 Pontiac Fiero. Most of which are half-functional derelicts.

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
The Bell Star is mine, the HJC is Gail's. Both Snell rated. I've been wearing Bell medium full-face helmets for years. When Gail began riding with me she tried on at least a dozen helmets -- the HJC in XS was the cheapest we found that fit well and had the Snell label.

The LS2 Track, a 3/4 helmet, is new. The Bell does flow a lot of air but ATGATT notwithstanding I decided that noodling around town at 45mph on the Triumph at 90F was just too sweaty. The LS2 in medium was $100 and fits great (pleasant surprise because a lot of online reviews said the sizing was too tight).
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline OCRider

• New Egg
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 01:29:59 AM »
Hi Everyone, it's been a while so I guess my account and posts have been deleted from Wildguzzi.  Anyway, I had a motorcycle related accident on May 28th, so here are

the pictures of my Shoei helmet which did it's job wonderfully.

Offline TalbotMatra

• Hatchling
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 04:39:41 AM »

That's hot!

Thanks! Thats a Caberg Freeride Mistral! This fits so well with my black/orange V9 Bobber!  :bike-037:

Ciao
Lars
Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber,

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
I wear mostly HJCs in the here and now but think the Shoei Z100 was the most attractive helmet ever made...  Designed by Giorgetto Giugiario and sold in the 80s. I kept two that are several decades past their throw away date, not even wearable, now they are just garage art. :grin: If you could keep the shell and rebuild them with new everything else, I'd do it.

Offline uncle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
A helmet I modified a few years back...

Ever onward...

Offline Rusnak_322

• Gosling
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
So I have always bought high end Aria and Shoei helmets, but I just got a Bell for normal everyday helmet and I am impressed. I think I paid $360 for it. Looks great, comfy and has their MIPS, which may just be a marketing thing. I just wish that they had the transition shield for it.

I keep some of the nicer old helmets in a IKEA case in the kitchen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1975 Moto Guzzi 850T - café racer in progress
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs

Offline amamet

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »

I wish, internet find

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »
I wore Icon Variants for years until recently, when I switched to a Scorpion EXO AT-950. I like the Scorpion ok (mostly the sun shield), but I'll probably go back to the Variant at some point. Whenever the sun's out, I'm riding into it, so the peaked brim on both helmets is a useful feature for me. The optics on the Variant's visor were nearly flawless, and the outward curve meant any water that got inside the visor would just drip off, and not run down the inside; the top edge on the Scorpion has a lot of optical distortion. There hasn't been enough rain since I got the Scorpion for me to judge its wet-weather reliability. I've also had my head hit pavement at 30mph in a Variant, with no appreciable trauma, but that mostly says how well it fits my head.

About a year ago, I bought a Caberg Duke from an Italian website (clearance price + free shipping outweighed my concerns about no DOT sticker and not being able to try it on before buying). It was nice and well-made and it fit the back, top, and sides of my head very well, but my nose was too big for the sun shield and my jaw was pretty snug against the chin bar. Lesson learned.

I don't have a good shot of the Scorpion, but here's the Icon after getting reflective tape. Yes, that's a plastic duck in a hockey helmet. My daughter asked me to put him somewhere with a nice view.

I love the Scorpion EXO900 that they quit making. (own 4) there fog free coating is great especially here in the humid S.E.
How is the visor on your helmut? is it trying to tear your head off at 60 MPH? I really miss the old sun visors from the old 1/2 and 3/4 days and have been considering the dual sport types for the next one.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 02:44:42 PM »
I keep some of the nicer old helmets in a IKEA case in the kitchen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thumb:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline rider33

• Gosling
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
while touring northern California a few years back my Scorpion Modular refused to open (latch broke, a lot of fun getting that off w/o).  As I have a bizarrely large head (3XL) the options were few in the shops in the area but I finally found a 3XL Shoie Neotec that fit like a glove.  I normally don’t spend north of $600 for a helmet but it was my only option.  Glad I did, it’s much quieter, much more comfortable and vents better too.  Really, I would not have thought there was that big a difference between a $250 Scorpion and a $600+ Shoie but on my pumpkin head at least there clearly was, YMMV.
"some journeys continue long after movement in time and space has ceased"  -Steinbeck

Offline Rainrider

• New Egg
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
I love the Scorpion EXO900 that they quit making. (own 4) there fog free coating is great especially here in the humid S.E.
How is the visor on your helmut? is it trying to tear your head off at 60 MPH? I really miss the old sun visors from the old 1/2 and 3/4 days and have been considering the dual sport types for the next one.

It doesn't tear your head off (neither the Icon nor the Scorpion), but it takes a little getting used to. In calm air, it provides a bit of lift, actually, which is nice. In rougher air, it makes the buffeting a bit more pronounced. Probably the worst is coming up on a semi's slipstream in a crosswind. Once you know what to expect, it's rarely an issue.

Offline zedXmick

• Gosling
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2018, 01:38:42 AM »
My favorite lid.

2010 VFR1200F  DCT

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2018, 03:48:07 AM »
Caberg Duke here. Had to stick some extra fabric on the chin piece as the stock weave let far too much air in. After that I love it! Good Sharps rating and far better value for money than many "brand name" options.

jwinwi

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2018, 10:24:47 AM »

Guzzi Content: 'Give me something built to last'

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:30 AM »
More Guzzi content: give me something I can afford to replace at 3-5 year intervals. Both Snell and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation recommend replacing your lid regularly. Below is the Snell Foundation's explanation:

“The five-year  replacement recommendation is based on a consensus by both helmet manufacturers  and the Snell Foundation. Glues, resins and other materials used in helmet  production can affect liner materials. Hair oils, body fluids and cosmetics, as  well as normal "wear and tear" all contribute to helmet degradation.  Petroleum based products present in cleaners, paints, fuels and other commonly  encountered materials may also degrade materials used in many helmets possibly  degrading performance. Additionally, experience indicates there will be a  noticeable improvement in the protective characteristic of helmets over a  five-year period due to advances in materials, designs, production methods and  the standards. Thus, the recommendation for five-year helmet replacement is a  judgment call stemming from a prudent safety philosophy.”

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here