General Category > General Discussion

Silly movie word game .....

(1/4) > >>

Lannis:
For a snowy day only!

Our family has always enjoyed (usually older) movies or DVDs that we watched when our kids were growing up.  And as a result, we use some movie phrases all the time in our regular interactions .... 

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy ..." (Outlaw Josie Wales) or "How often does a man get a compliment like THAT?" (Fiddler on the Roof) and a hundred others.

Lately, we realized that there are certain single WORDS that, if we use them, we say them with the same accent, expression, and intonation as from the movie or DVD they were taken from.  Always.

For example, we can't say "funny" without saying it like Major Payne (" ... it makes me feel all FUNNY!"), or if we say "motivate", it has to be in Darth Vader's voice from "...perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them ....".   Or if we say "sausage", it has to be like Samuel Johnson in Blackadder III realizing he's left it out of his dictionary (".... saus-AAAGE!).

So here's about 25 others.   Does anyone recognize any of these words from movies that are said with a particular accent or emphasis that our comedic family might have picked up?

PEOPLE

MAYBE

MAYBE (again)

POSSIBLY

CLOTHES

SENSITIVE

PLAN

PRESSURE

SHIED

SLACK

URNS

SMUTTY

NOTHING

PARADISE

GIRLS

POORLY

DUMMY

WISELY

RIGHT

MOVEMENT

IF

ACTING

MEAT

FORESEEN

BANANA

WISELY

WEIRD

Lannis

trippah:
Could I add monkey?
Don't recognize any of yours ,yet. :D

Triple Jim:
Also:

Failure
Communicate

;)

Sasquatch Jim:
  I recognize the last one in the list, all of us on this site do, but we probably all have different definitions of its' meaning.

Guzzistajohn:
I can't pull a cold drink out of the fridge without at least thinking "How 'bout a Fresca? Hmmm? Hmmm?" (Caddyshack)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version