Author Topic: Three Pro Wrestlers Can't Beat a Lion Cub In Tug of War.  (Read 1628 times)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Three Pro Wrestlers Can't Beat a Lion Cub In Tug of War.
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
This Puddy tat didn't budge in the tug of war fight.  :grin:  If you missed it in the news.  Pretty impressive on the power of a lion.  Link with pix and vid.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/animals/a21563409/wrestlers-lion-tug-of-war-san-antonio-zoo/

"Is that lion even tryin?

You know that age-old question that has plagued mankind since the dawn of time, could three professional wrestlers beat a lion cub in a game of tug-of-war? Well, we finally have the answer, and folks, it's not looking good for humanity.

Three grapplers from the WWE's development brand NXT waged a tug-based war with a lion cub at the San Antonio Zoo. The lion, quite frankly putting in minimal effort, wins soundly.

We've highlighted some freakish man-strength in our days�The Mountain doing a casual squat marathon, for instance, or Trevante Rhodes' having triceps that look like this�but it's incredibly humbling to highlight the fact the baby version of a wild animal can easily work these three dudes like it's a rest day at the gym.

Those are three big dudes, mind you, one of which�Ricochet, real name Trevor Mann�once did this thing so athletic it tore my quads.

So, Friday's health advice: While we do recommend working ropes into your workout, we do not advise using your newly shredded core to challenge a lion to a game of tug of war. This will end badly. Don't do that."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:12:18 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Three Pro Wrestlers Can't Beat a Lion Cub In Tug of War.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:16:46 PM »
Pretty much sums up the pecking order. Maybe they should try a grizzly cub.

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »
 Anyone who has ever played the "sock" game with a 20 LB Terrier knows man is a wimpy little thing.

Whatever you do , never challenge an 80 LB Chimpanzee to an arm wrestling contest  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »
2.5 years old?  In the animal kingdom., that is an adult, ready to propagate the species.   That is a full grown lion.  "Cub"? How misleading is that?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »

Moto

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:47:28 AM »
Anyone who has ever played the "sock" game with a 20 LB Terrier knows man is a wimpy little thing.

The wrestlers didn't take advantage of human strengths, and could have beaten the lion if they had.

The primary physical evolutionary advantage of humans, as I have read, is their superior long-distance running ability, which allowed them to out-distance animals like lions if they had a head start. Correspondingly, the strongest muscles of a human are in the thighs. So the wrestlers should have turned around and put the rope over their shoulders to take advantage of this, rather than tugging with their arms. You don't see pictures of slaves dragging the Pyramid blocks around in any other way.

The lion, though it might weigh over 400 pounds, is just an object in the end, anchored to the ground by gravity and tugging back when it is tugged. At some point it would have to skid along the ground. Those wrestlers could have dragged a 500 pound safe across the ground, if they had done it right.

The other primary evolutionary advantage of humans is their brains. The wrestlers should have used that advantage too, but may have been shortchanged in that department.

Moto

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
 As for skidding the lion just remember the wrestlers don't have as much toenails to dig in with.
 40 years ago I was anchor man on a ships tug of war team.  I wore my old logging boots with corked soles.
 When the spikes dug in the other teams didn't have a prayer.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:19:52 PM by Sasquatch Jim »
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »
 I hate it when my tonsils get dug in  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 08:49:57 AM »
The lion has cleverly initiated a friction point where the rope passes through a tube and takes about a 30-degree bend. Pulling in the direction of the wrestlers requires that they overcome the hard-biting action of the rope into the pipe edge.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

oldbike54

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 09:00:42 AM »
The lion has cleverly initiated a friction point where the rope passes through a tube and takes about a 30-degree bend. Pulling in the direction of the wrestlers requires that they overcome the hard-biting action of the rope into the pipe edge.

I noticed that also , it indicates that the lion has the superior intellect in this instance  :shocked: :evil:

Dusty

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »
  I did not type tonsils, my damn computer is correcting things again without telling me.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

oldbike54

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:17 PM »
  I did not type tonsils, my damn computer is correcting things again without telling me.

Sneaky computer  :laugh:

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here