Author Topic: New owner problem  (Read 12215 times)

Bill Hagan

Re: New owner problem
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »

I spent a good part of yesterday trying to start my heretofore always reliable Tanaka weed whacker.

As useless as I am 4-cycle ICE's, I seem blessed with some sort of uncanny ability to make 2-cycle engines start easily.  In fact, this very trimmer started on first tug (yes; really) after winter's layup. Maybe it was those 1960's Yamahas?   ;)

Anyway, no joy this day.

I cursed.  I whined.  I hurt.  That last because of a recent flaring of "tennis elbow" from using a sledge hammer like a 22-YO guy instead of the Medicare guy I am.   ::)

I waited, of course, many minutes to "deflood" it, including all the usual impatient tricks of carb cleaner, removing plug and letting it all air out, etc.

Oh.

Perhaps that's the problem.

Let's not tell Kathi.

Switch "on?"

Uhm ... yes.

Now.

Varoooooooom!

Or .. OK ... ringadingdingdingdi ng.

;D

Bill

lucydad

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
Kramer,

Hey this stuff happens.  Your V7R is a gem though--break her in and enjoy.  Small blocks rock!

I could tell you about the time I tried to fix my iPod...but it is so tragic...

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 08:21:59 PM »
Kramer,

Hey this stuff happens. 

Then there was the time I got the V7C out after riding the 1100 Sport in NZ for 10 weeks. The V7 wouldn't start! Nothing! Battery at 13 volts. Tried push starting it. At the end of the hill, I pulled the clutch in. Duh! I'd forgotten that the clutch needs to be in to start! It wasn't really a senior moment. Really! It just felt like it.

You're going to enjoy that bike. Welcome to the addiction.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here