General Category > General Discussion

Husqvarna Svartpilen 401

(1/7) > >>

tommy2cyl:
It's winter.  We think about stuff when we can't ride.  I really don't need another motorcycle, as all my riding needs are met, well, pretty much.
I don't think I could resist a Fantic Caballero 500 Rally if the brand was in the US.  Ticks a lot of boxes and I have never owned a scrambler and
right now that seems like a perfect bike to me.  Anyway, I have revisited the Svartpilen 401.  I know it is not a proper scrambler with low ground
clearance and modest suspension travel, but with a 44 HP thumper and 335 lbs wet, and pretty good spec with forks, brakes, RBW throttle, ABS it is
pretty well kitted out.  Basically a KTM 390 Duke Husky variation.  The aesthetics with the chopped tail is still not my aesthetic, but I am
"coming around" to the design.  Overall I do really like how it is a basic motorcycle and reading owners reviews handles razor sharp and just looks fun.
Any one ridden or owned one or is it just a bridge too far?  Input appreciated, I still have a solid 6 weeks of winter and I am on the ledge.

pressureangle:
My son has one, it's simply a hoot. I've not taken it off pavement but for 'city' work it's pretty faultless. Also fairly expensive.

LaGrasta:
I'm certainly a fan, of both its style and performance. One thing I've learned over the years, it far more fun to ride a slower bike fast. .…and a lot cheaper too.
I have a 2014 dual sport KLX250 with 7k dirt riding on the clock, always thought I'd upgrade. However I found it's so fun to down-shift and full throttle, with no fear of looping. It's fast enpought ot be fun, slower enough to be safe.

usedtobefast:
I agree on that Fantic!  I spent a bit of time figuring out how to get one into the US, but gave up as I did not see any legal or even semi legal way of doing it.

For the Husky, I just can't click with the looks.  I thought maybe seeing one in person would help, but nope, just don't understand what they were trying to do design wise.  Spec wise it sounds good.

For some dirt road riding, the KTM 390 Adventure makes more sense, but yes heavier and more expensive than the SmartVillain. 

Have you looked at the Benelli Leoncino Scrambler?  More like the Fantic. 

tazio:
I'll take the 701 Svartpilen ! (R.I.P.)
Looks fantastic, nothing like it.
If not for the GRiSO, I'd be all over one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version