General Category > General Discussion

Quit riding, sort of

(1/6) > >>

Road Rocket:
 Closing in on 76 and 3-1/2 years of treatments for non curable cancer has erroded my riding skills...I just don't feel confident or comfortable any longer..I might take the BSA A10 on a short ride...but I now lack the leg muscle to kickover a cold engine so I use a roller starter.I can start it when warm...usually....I'll sell the Honda 650NT Hawk..
   But my wheelman driving seems ok ......So just bought my self a very straight non rusty 92 S10 with a swapped in Chevy 350 engine and 5 speed. 2950 pounds, V8 rumble and torque... ...Running and driving project hot rod like several I built in the past....
   I will miss the bikes but to be honest I liked to work on them more than riding...So no big deal......
The best part of this? I am still alive despite the odds.....

bobrebos1:
Sorry to hear of the medical diagnosis.  Enjoy the truck!  Take care

Scout63:
I’m so sorry to hear about giving up the bikes and the cancer. Hearing a v8 rumble coming out of an S10 will be pretty cool.

twowheeladdict:
Cancer sucks!!!

My Van Van 200 will be the last bike in my garage as I decline in the ability to ride heavier and faster motorcycles.  Hopefully will be 20 or more years from now. 

Enjoy your new toy.  Nothing, and I mean nothing like the sound of a finely tuned V8 engine. 

Road Rocket:
 Thanks.....No need to be concerned about cancer...It has shown a inner strength I never knew about....And there are others here with similar health issues....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version