Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027772 times)

Offline CPRMan

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1020 on: October 06, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
Hi, Chris Price, 51, engineer. From UK but recently moved to Denver for business. Couldn't take my Beemer with me when i moved, so I was bikeless for the first time in 30+ years. Saw a 2007 California Vintage and fell in love. Now back on two wheels, loving every minute and can't keep the smile off my face.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1021 on: October 07, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »
Hi, Chris Price, 51, engineer. From UK but recently moved to Denver for business. Couldn't take my Beemer with me when i moved, so I was bikeless for the first time in 30+ years. Saw a 2007 California Vintage and fell in love. Now back on two wheels, loving every minute and can't keep the smile off my face.

Just did that myself this year.   Moved to Denver on business, couldn't bring my bike with me, bought one to use while I was there, and sold it when I left.   Wasn't a Guzzi, but you have to have SOMETHING to ride in those mountains!    You've got someplace new to go and great sights to see all the time, long as it isn't snowing!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

monks_point

Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1022 on: October 08, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
CaptZoom

Photographer

Los Angeles

Current Bonnie owner looking at possibly purchasing the new Griso.

I've given myself until next summer to make the decision.  If I still want the Griso in a few more months, I'll sell the Bonnie and get the Griso.  In the mean time, I'm here to find out as much as I can about it specifically, and Moto Guzzi generally.

I got into biking in 2008 when I purchased a new Triumph Bonneville.  It became my daily driver very quickly and replaced my car as my most used form of transport.  I love the bike, and had no plans of changing it for another.  In fact since 2008, I've not once been tempted by any bike.  I saw the new California Custom a few days ago, while browsing YouTube for customization ideas.  The bike intrigued me enough to head over to the Guzzi site.  And then I saw it.  Silver on black paint.  Tasteful chrome highlights.  Those curves.  The teardrop tank cradled by the muscular frame.  The Griso.

It's been a few years since I did this and the results were interesting then...

Please introduce yourself to the group. Give your name, age, occupation and location.

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1023 on: October 09, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »
Hi All - Kevin here

Going on 66 proud owner of a lovely 1997 Cali 110 I for 3 months now, have always dreamed of having a Guzzi since riding my bro Kiwi Roy's V11 up in Vancouver a year or so back. One son in L.A. with a new V7 Stone - just been up there & had a short spin on that - like my Cali better though, bit of a heavy old girl but once she starts rolling down the road - ahh Bliss  :)

Living in Auckland, New Zealand first bike was an NSU Supermax 250, then a Matchless 500cc  a Triton - wicked Norton / Triumph combo that I managed not to kill myself on luckily. Latterly a 650 Suzuki Savage for the past ten years or so- I have seen the light now, Roy did warn me not to test ride a Cali or I'd fall in love with her.

Cheers,

Kevin

zzz
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:18:18 AM by KiwiKev »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1023 on: October 09, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

Offline TalkingGriso

• Gosling
  • Cousin of?
« Reply #1024 on: October 10, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
I'm Paul Willis, 52, business consulting analyst for a healthcare firm, living in Burbank, California.  Longtime dirtbiker, former (slow) motocross racer, got back into street bikes in 2008 on a Kawasaki Versys, which was basically a big dirtbike for the street.  Great fun while it lasted, but as my comfort on the street grew, and my love of the California canyon roads blossomed, I wanted more power and better handling.   I've always been drawn to Italian design, so I started my search looking at Ducati Monsters.  Little did I know I would soon end up owning a REAL monster.   

Contrary to what I've recently read on this site, it only took a short test ride on the Griso for me to fall for it.   Truth be told, the bike started talking to me as soon as we accelerated onto the freeway... it let me know it wasn't particularly impressed the with pace I chose, but was okay with it nonetheless.  I got back to the dealership completely smitten.
2010 Griso 8v

Steve.in.atlanta

« Reply #1025 on: October 11, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
Howdy from Atlanta. I'm on my 3rd motorcycle in as many years. Been riding on two wheels for about 20+ years but when I met my wife I was dicking around on vintage Vespas and the like. Getting a motorcycle took a few years of convincing. A couple of weekends ago, I traded a neglected scooter for an '82 V50 Mk3. It wasn't running but about 45 minutes later my friend had found the loose wire on the ignition and it fired right up. So now I'm on here looking for ideas and parts. Tomorrow I'm driving to Barber for the races and to look for stuff at the swap meet.

Where I started.

Where I'm at now.

V7 Vixen

« Reply #1026 on: October 11, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
LaLaina
Savannah GA
Gulfstream GV Maintenance Instructor for FlightSafety International
2013 V7 Racer

Previous bikes: R6/GSXR 750 & 1000

New to twins especially new to Moto Guzzi's. Rode my 1st Guzzi on the way home from the dealership (which was 300 miles). Looking at the Agostini Mandello or LaFranconi Competizione. Need to lose the stock mirrors for bar end style & a rear fender eliminator kit. If anyone has any insight, thoughts, comments or concerns, please voice it.

Grazie

V7 Vixen
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:20:15 PM by V7 Vixen »

PedalPowerGirl

« Reply #1027 on: October 13, 2013, 06:15:06 AM »
PedalPowerGirl, 55
Florida
Married
2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
Hobbies: Bicycles, Motorcycles, Archery, Hiking, Lounging
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 06:22:00 AM by PedalPowerGirl »

A440

« Reply #1028 on: October 13, 2013, 04:17:24 PM »
Hi I'm Alison, 55, and I teach math in the Washington, DC area.  I've been riding a little over a year, though I rode pillion with my dad in my 20s.  I've been looking to move up from a Rebel, and have just about decided to purchase a V7 Stone.  Interestingly, my dad has also fallen in love with the V7, and although he doesn't ride anymore, he can't wait for me to close the deal!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1029 on: October 13, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
PedalPowerGirl, 55
Florida
Married
2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
Hobbies: Bicycles, Motorcycles, Archery, Hiking, Lounging

Good!  We're always having to hear "I'd like a new bike but my wife won't let me ...." etc.   I'll bet you don't have any "My husband won't let me ...." stories!

Welcome.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline sparrowhawwk

• New Egg
« Reply #1030 on: October 13, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
Hi folks.  I've been here a while and posted on a couple threads but I don't remember ever posting an introduction.  Of course I don't remember much since oldtimers set in.  ;D  Started riding about 1964.   Rode mostly Hondas until I found my first Eldo sitting neglected in the back of a little used bike shop.  Took a bit to get it running to test ride but rough as it was I didn't want to stop.  First bike I felt at home on from the git go.  Still have one Eldo and a couple of Converts.

Got into sidecars about 40yrs back.  Worked for a couple sidecar manufacturers and helped found one of the biggest.  Still doing the sidecar thing today.  Only a few States and Provinces I haven't been to yet.  Anyway, the old Convert with sidecar has a little over 100,000 miles on it so I just swapped out the engine so it can still be ridden while I rebuild the original.  Dog would be upset if we couldn't get the occasional ride in.  ::)

Looking forward to getting to know people here and discussing something we all love.

Offline CaliJo

• New Egg
  • forty two
« Reply #1031 on: October 14, 2013, 11:15:45 AM »
Hi Folks

I'm reading since a while but thought I better introduce myself finally.

I ride since 20 years a 1982 California II and also since about 6 years a 1958 Galletto 192 (fun to ride, but only when the sun shines).

We, my wife and I, Live since 3 years in Western Maryland and enjoy the country side with all the wildlife.

Cheers
Johannes
1958 Galletto 192
1982 California II
2013 Stelvio NTX

Bobbcj

« Reply #1032 on: October 15, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
Bob Powers
Compliance Officer
Arizona
2010 V7 after a 15 year break from riding
Past mc,s 1967 BSA 441, 1968 BSA 650, 19?? Triumph 500, 250 bultaco, 19?? Suzuki TM400, Suzuki RM370, 650 Yamaha, 750 Suzuki, 1984 honda v65 saber.
Having a great time!

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1033 on: October 15, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »
Hi All - Kevin here

Going on 66 proud owner of a lovely 1997 Cali 110 I for 3 months now, have always dreamed of having a Guzzi since riding my bro Kiwi Roy's V11 up in Vancouver a year or so back. One son in L.A. with a new V7 Stone - just been up there & had a short spin on that - like my Cali better though, bit of a heavy old girl but once she starts rolling down the road - ahh Bliss  :)

Living in Auckland, New Zealand first bike was an NSU Supermax 250, then a Matchless 500cc  a Triton - wicked Norton / Triumph combo that I managed not to kill myself on luckily. Latterly a 650 Suzuki Savage for the past ten years or so- I have seen the light now, Roy did warn me not to test ride a Cali or I'd fall in love with her.

Cheers,

Kevin

zzz

Hi Kevin,
               Welcome to the madhouse.

It's high time you posted.

Now how about  :PICS!: :PICS!:

If you load onto photobucket or similar then just attach a link.

Roy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:40:50 AM by Kiwi_Roy »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #1034 on: October 19, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »
Getting a motorcycle took a few years of convincing.

Who? Yourself, I hope.

A440, where in the DC area?  I lived most of my life there.  My son is a huge math fan.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:13:47 PM by Triple Jim »
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

SBB

« Reply #1035 on: October 20, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »

Hi everyone.

New to the site but not new to riding.
I have ridden most everything on two wheels and the mileage log is a few miles over 600K.
I have a few Harleys but the Stelvio is calling my name.
I'm not sure where to put this question but I was wondering what model years the Stelvio was/is made.
Is there a 2013 model? The dealer close to me has the orange and black one but I'm not sure if it's a 12 or 13 or whatever.
The best I can tell the Moto Guzzi website doesn't list model years just models.
So for me it's hard to tell if it's a 12, 13 or maybe a 14.
Any thoughts?

SBB

essexboydave

« Reply #1036 on: October 22, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »
My name's Dave and I come from Essex in England, 56 years old and work in engineering. I've had bikes since I was 16 and usually owned 3 or 4 at a time so I've had quiet a few bikes of British, European and Japanese origin over the years. I've just bought a 1990 California EV that had been left unloved under a sheet outdoors for the last couple of years but hope to have it running ok soon :) As well as that I have a 79 Spada that I've owned for 23 years but it has been in bits for far too long so that needs putting back together and I have a 1980 XS650 Yamaha that I'm currently rebuilding. I do have one bike that is all up and running though-a Suzuki GSX1400, all I need now is some decent weather to ride it!

Offline DCWCALI

• Hatchling
« Reply #1037 on: October 23, 2013, 12:53:02 AM »
Dana Weeks
Gov't Service
NORCAL  (45 min north of Sacramento)

Motorcycles are like French fries; never meet one I didn't like!
2008 Moto Guzzi Norge
2004 Kawa Z1000
2003 Suzuki SV1000

winwahoo

« Reply #1038 on: October 23, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
Hi, folks!  Matt here, from Akron, Ohio.  I'm currently a Triumph Bonneville owner, but am considering a Guzzi.  So...I thought I'd 'troll' a bit, and hopefully get some feedback on another thread comparing the Bonnie to the Norge.  Thanks!

Matthew
Akron, OH

Offline toolittletime

• Gosling
    • mysportgear.com
« Reply #1039 on: October 24, 2013, 05:49:07 PM »
Hi Guzzi lovers,
  My name is Tim and I live in far North Idaho....about 35 miles from the Canadian border. Over the years I've had about one of everything, except a Moto Guzzi. That changed yesterday, when I picked up a 1999 Bassa...pearl white, with 37,000 on the clock. I took it out for a spin today and I think it's a keeper. Almost time here to put the bikes away for the winter, so the ride today was a treat. I'm a building contractor, MSF Instructor and Idaho STAR Instructor, so you can see that I stay busy in the summer.
 Looking forward to all of the tricks and tips that boards such as these have available to the members.
Tim
X-MSF Instructor
MGNOC 22710
12 Norge
2002 Cali EV
74 Eldorado

Offline Tom Gardin

• New Egg
« Reply #1040 on: October 26, 2013, 08:18:09 PM »
Hi All
Tom Gardin here
59 years old
Technical Advisor for Dow Chemical Co.
Enjoy
   Motorcycling
   Mountain Biking
   Kayaking
   Camping
Currently own a 1997 California 1100i 75th year anniversery model
1997 California 75th Year Anniversary Edition #689

Offline Psychopasta

• Gosling
« Reply #1041 on: October 27, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »
Hi, Mark Nicholson here from Seattle WA. Intrepid V50 Monza restorer, also rides a Triumph Tiger 800 and Triumph Thunderbird 1700.
V50 Monza 1981
Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special 2023
Honda Goldwing 2019
Aprilia Tuareg 660 2023
Ancient A65 Bitsa, in pieces

mattyguzzi

« Reply #1042 on: October 28, 2013, 07:18:54 AM »
Hi all... Another newbie here!

Living in the UK at the moment and am interested in buying a California 1400 Custom. Took one out for a test ride recently and it was love at first ride! :) Visited the Guzzi factory at Mandello while riding around Europe in the summer and caught the Guzzi bug. Looks like a good forum here, so looking forward to finding out more about all things Guzzi!

Offline 77gears

• New Egg
« Reply #1043 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »
Hello all.
Pete Stevenson
CT, USA
age 52

Interested in euro bikes. Working on Ghezzi Brian Super Twin

Scott R Nelson

New in Folsom - Not a Moto Guzzi owner (yet)
« Reply #1044 on: October 28, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
I'm seriously considering buying a V7 Racer and thought it might be a good idea to join this forum to learn a bit more about the bike BEFORE becoming an owner.

I've owned 22 motorcycles so far, including at least three of each of the major Japanese brands, four Ducatis, and one KTM.  I currently have a KTM 990 Adventure and a Honda XR650L.  I've gone back and forth between dual sports, pure dirt bikes, and pure street bikes during my decades of riding.

I've always thought the V11 bikes from about 2000 until whenever they stopped making them looked very interesting.  I'm thinking that the current V7 may meet my needs.  The V7 Racer is such a beautiful bike, but has the one major drawback that the footpeg position puts my knee right into the crease of the tank, while the other V7 models don't do that.  Hopefully I'll figure out what needs to be done to the bike to make it best meet my needs.

I found out the flaws of the big KTM after becoming an owner, as was also the case with several Ducatis that I've owned.  I would like to avoid that part if I become a Moto Guzzi owner.

8VPEARL

« Reply #1045 on: October 31, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »
Greetings to all,
My Names Hunter and I recently purchased my first Moto Guzzi. I guess you could say I'm new to the brand but I have done alot of research. I first test drove the 2013 8v Griso at my local dealer and immidiately fell in love about 3 months ago. Ever since, I have been on the hunt and recently purchased a 2009 8v Griso, pearl white in color, with 2k miles on the dash.(I'll post some pics soon) Now I'm looking to meet other Guzzi heads in my area to meet up and go ride. I live in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. So anyone out there just send me a message.
Ride Safe,  :bike
Hunter

Other Bike:
2005 Suzuki Boulevard S83 1400
(No Comparison)

Offline cafetbird

• New Egg
  • Limey Lover
    • Highland Mountain Cabin
« Reply #1046 on: November 02, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Scot Dail
Holly Springs, NC
Mech Engineer

Just picked up a 75 850T

Interesting serial number - VC93941 - frame and  tag match. It seems like a high number from what I've seen posted. Mfg date Nov 74.
Scot Dail
1996 Triumph Thunderbird Cafe, 1973 Triumph TR7RV, 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
« Reply #1047 on: November 05, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
Hi All,

Tim, I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Returning to riding after 25 years away & loving it! Bought a 2004 V11 last year after dreaming about Mk 2 or 3 Le Mans' but couldn't justify the cost. Working my way through fixing a broken ITI speedo at the moment but still riding while the weathers reasonable. I used to ride in England so the weathers great here  by comparison! Furniture maker by training but thinking I should learn some machining skills to keep my girl running sweetly.

Thanks
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Azzha

« Reply #1048 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:41 PM »
Brian
Programmer
Mesa, Arizona

Greetings!

I picked up a V7 Stone (white) about 2 months ago and a 2003 V11 LeMans (black/grey) last Saturday. I've been commuting with both bikes and have taken a breakfast ride of about 200 miles every Sunday since I got the Stone. I love both bikes for different reason.

-brian

KENF

« Reply #1049 on: November 08, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
KENF

64 years and counting (backwards)

Retired--8 years Mo State Trooper, 32 years American Honda

Reside in Farmington, mo.--80 miles S of St Louis---Best riding roads in state

Addictions:  Motorcycles and sports cars (for when it is raining)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here