Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027837 times)

Offline r3bauer

• New Egg
Re: Re: Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1110 on: December 29, 2013, 11:13:57 PM »
Hey Adam how's it going? what prompted a young feller like you to come hang with the red suspender brigade? Iowa cabin fever? You'll have to attend the flat track races with us next labor day, hey I'll get you some cotton candy!  

John S  
HA HA HA! My Pop is stormtruck2 and when iwas having issues with my 78 sporty he let me borrow his 96 California. I fell in love with straight away. He kept tellimg me about this site but just finally got around to signing up. Looking to buy a California seems a lot more wallet friendly than the big American boys. All my bikes I have still could not pay for the street glide I would like. I like almost all bikes not a specific brand. From Harleys, Indians, Nortons, BSA, Triumph and Guzzi If its a good bike its a good bike, some bikes are just beautiful works of art and others not so much. Manufacturers have had a bad idea make it to the road more than a few times.
As far as cotton candy I prefer mine Jameson flavored! Lol
I try and follow the Harley and Triumph flat trackers they are amazing riders!
Thanks for the welcome.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

oldbike54

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1111 on: December 30, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
Adam , we promise not to hold the fact that Matt is your pop against you . Well , not much anyway . Grinning here.
Dusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbike54

« Reply #1112 on: December 30, 2013, 12:54:59 AM »
Hello everyone!  Fairly new to riding (about 1 year on my 1965 Honda Dream 305) and new to the Moto Guzzi world - less than 1 week! I just purchased a 2010 V7 Classic and spent Christmas Eve morning at the DMV to get it registered. Not what most people would want to do over the holiday, but I was excited (and a bit nervous) to be there.  ;D

The Moto Guzzi is (obviously) very different from the Dream, but great fun so far. I've taken it out in the parking lot twice, did a 60 mile on familiar roads, and did a group ride today of about 150 miles.  It'll still take some getting used to, but I'm loving the bike so far!

Location of pic please , like the jacket .
Dusty

Offline r3bauer

• New Egg
« Reply #1113 on: December 30, 2013, 01:20:23 AM »
Adam , we promise not to hold the fact that Matt is your pop against you . Well , not much anyway . Grinning here.
Dusty

I' d expect nothing less :D

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1113 on: December 30, 2013, 01:20:23 AM »

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1114 on: December 30, 2013, 04:52:41 AM »
Hello everyone!  Fairly new to riding (about 1 year on my 1965 Honda Dream 305) and new to the Moto Guzzi world - less than 1 week! I just purchased a 2010 V7 Classic and spent Christmas Eve morning at the DMV to get it registered. Not what most people would want to do over the holiday, but I was excited (and a bit nervous) to be there.  ;D

The Moto Guzzi is (obviously) very different from the Dream, but great fun so far. I've taken it out in the parking lot twice, did a 60 mile on familiar roads, and did a group ride today of about 150 miles.  It'll still take some getting used to, but I'm loving the bike so far!

Location of pic please , like the jacket .
Dusty

From all the pix in the associated flickr account, apparently Bay Area.

Worth thumbing through those pix.  What a grand collection of vintage bikes.  Lordy.  Especially drawn to that Yam 125 Scrambler, but so many, so many.  Great pix -- and welcome -- Akiko. 

As you already well know, the V7 is quite a different experience than that (impressively clean) Honda Dream.  FWIW, there was, as I recall, in a recent issue of Motorcycle Classics a multi-page spread on the Dream.   Didn't see it on-line here, http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/, but, if interested, find a paper version.

Bill

P.S.  Dusty, the jacket is you.   :D

Bill Hagan

Re:
« Reply #1115 on: December 30, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »
Adam
Husband and Dad
Stay at home dad
Army Vet.
Stormtruck2's oldest son.
Bike inventory:
78 Sportster
82 Suzuki gl1100gs
78 honda sl100
Hope to soon have a Moto Guzzi California.
Stormtruck2 got me into Guzzis after loaning me his California.  What a great bike! Smooth acceleration, great handling, and smooth braking I love the way I can ride for miles and stay comfortable.

The thought of Matt having cloned himself makes folks tremble half a continent away.   ;D

Welcome, Adam.  Will be out that way again in March; hope to see you and the clan again.

Bill

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1116 on: December 30, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »
Worth thumbing through those pix.  What a grand collection of vintage bikes.  Lordy.  Especially drawn to that Yam 125 Scrambler, but so many, so many.  Great pix -- and welcome -- Akiko. 

The Zundapp is awesome! wow what a bike show!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #1117 on: December 30, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »
Hey Bill , black is more my color , brings out the white in my hair . Grinning here .
Dusty

Offline Dulcenea

• Hatchling
« Reply #1118 on: December 30, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
Welcome, Dreamer! Nice to see other women around here!

And Dusty, I think her jacket is the Icon 1000 Federalist - I was strongly considering getting one before I decided on the Roland Sands Maven instead.
Carolyn

2007 Griso

oldbike54

« Reply #1119 on: December 30, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
Dulcenea , yes to the female members and riders .
Dusty

65_dreamer

« Reply #1120 on: December 30, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! 

I should have followed the intro format....

Akiko
40+
Female
SF Bay Area (San Mateo area)
Marketing
Newer rider trying to learn as much as I can!

As you can see, I love the vintage bikes and it's nice that there are several vintage motorcycle and car events in the Bay Area.

Bill - Thanks to the link to the Dream article.  Mine is far from original, but it's a rider.  I put close to 5,000 weekend miles on it as my first bike.

Dulcenea and Dusty - I looked at the Icon 1000 Federal jacket about this time last year, but when I received it, it wasn't quite what I was looking for.  I got my jacket made at Johnson Leather in SF.  I had a specific idea of what I wanted and they made it for me.  It turned out better than I imagined!  It's fully armored with Forcefield shoulder and elbow pads - I have a separate back protector.  I love the Roland Sands jacket, but that one wasn't available when I was looking.

I am looking forward to spending more time here.   ;D

oldbike54

« Reply #1121 on: December 30, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
65 D , we normally get along a bit better than recent posts would suggest . Grinning here . Must be really cold up North . Yes , welcome , maybe you girls can remind us to act like gentlemen , yeah sure .
Dusty

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1122 on: December 30, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »
Right on 65_dreamer! welcome aboard! looking foreword to hearing from you, the more :PICS!:the better! we all like seeing what others are doing around the country/globe. If any of these old geezers give you any trouble, you just call thier bluff, they'll back down! You're welcome here! ;D

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #1123 on: December 30, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! 

I agree with the rest here. Nice jacket, and a nice bike! You have good taste.

This board needs a good injection of lady riders. My wife Lindsey doesn't post much, but she has a red Breva 750 which is very similar to your V7. There's just something about most of the WildGuzzi folk just doesn't seem to mesh with her.  ;D  ;)

I hope you enjoy your Guzzi for a long time to come, please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any issues or ideas regarding your Guzzi. This board contains a wealth of knowledge, and more...  :D

-Joe

Offline guzzialfa

• New Egg
« Reply #1124 on: January 05, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
Hello i am new here , my namr Ton drive Guzzi since 1986 a le mans 2 , had a v11 lemans and centauro 

still have daytona and a breva 1100

am 51years old married 

ride since 1981

greetings ton

Droner999

« Reply #1125 on: January 05, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »
Austin Rojas
I.T. - Database Admin for airline industry
Sunny Arizona

I have been riding and wrenching on bikes since the mid-80s. Been lurking on this forum for some time now and I have learned a lot of all of you and your posts, and inspired by your passion for Guzzis!

Hobbies:
   Motorbikes, Flamenco guitar, wine(o), wrenching in the Man Cave, cooking

Current Motorbikes:
   Ducati 999
   Ducati Diavel
        I hope to soon have a 1100 Sport or LM3.

Guffman

« Reply #1126 on: January 08, 2014, 03:00:39 AM »
Male
Sydney, Australia
Sailor

Motorbikes owned:
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Moto Guzzi Griso 8v

ratbags

« Reply #1127 on: January 08, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »
Hi, I'm Randy. I'm 60 and have been riding all kinds of bikes for about 47 years. Just got a new V7 Stone (1st MG) and am looking here to help learn all about them. I'm in the business technology industry and live in San Antonio Texas.

Offline creaky99

• Gosling
« Reply #1128 on: January 09, 2014, 11:34:27 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm Bill in SE Indiana USA, retired. I've been riding since 1953, have never owned, sat on or ridden a Guzzi unil now, recently bought a '98 EV11. Hope to learn here about Guzzis and share experiences. If the weather is decent, I'll be riding to FL early March, anyone interested, send me a PM.

Current bikes:

'98 EV11
'98 BMW F650
'85 Honda VF600F
Once you go over the hill, you pick up speed!

'98 Moto Guzzi EV11

Offline bovastudio

• New Egg
« Reply #1129 on: January 10, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »
Joe Bova, 72 yo
ceramic artist, retired (2x) art professor (LSU.Ohio U)
Santa Fe, NM
04 Breva 750

mibofoto

« Reply #1130 on: January 11, 2014, 01:40:11 AM »
Hello
Mikael Borgström, 50 years old
South of Sweden

I have ride a lot of diferent bikes. I always got back to the Guzzi or BMW. Like wrenching.

Hobbies: Play guitar, Photo, wrenching and riding

BMW R75/5-1971
BMW R80g/s -1981
BMW R1100RS
Moto Guzzi Lemans 1000 1987

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1131 on: January 11, 2014, 07:09:48 AM »
WOW that's 7 in a week! Welcome everybody!

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1132 on: January 11, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm Bill in SE Indiana USA, retired. I've been riding since 1953, have never owned, sat on or ridden a Guzzi unil now, recently bought a '98 EV11. Hope to learn here about Guzzis and share experiences. If the weather is decent, I'll be riding to FL early March, anyone interested, send me a PM.

Current bikes:

'98 EV11
'98 BMW F650
'85 Honda VF600F

Welcome.

Do you own one of the elite "Hotdog & Mustard" EV's of '98 ... or a lesser color?    ;)

Mine has brought me 100K miles of joy.  OK, maybe a few hours of bonding by the side of the road, too, but mostly miles of smiles.  :D

Best,

Bill

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:20:26 AM by Bill Hagan »

Texasl

« Reply #1133 on: January 20, 2014, 09:43:01 PM »
"Texas" Larry Walker
Port Orchard, WA
2007 Norge  (60K miles)

I will be picking electrical brains in a separate thread.

Charro

« Reply #1134 on: January 21, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »
Hello to all, my name is:
Andy De La O
La Mesa, New Mexico
58 yoa
Reitred K9 Cop
This is my first Guzzi a 2007 California Vintage

Other bikes are,
Triumph Bonneville
Triumph Scrambler
Triumph Speed Four
Triumph Sprint RS
Royal Enfield Continental GT(on order)
Vespa GTS 300

Hoping to learn much from you all,
Andy

Queasyrider

« Reply #1135 on: January 22, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
Hi all,

Englishman living in New Zealand here. New to the forum, new to Guzzis, almost new to biking (feels like it after a ten year hiatus). Just bought a 2001 California Sport Special... very different to the Jap bikes I've ridden. The distance of my ass to the ground has often been remarked upon, albeit in an indirect way. Suddenly my new steed is pointing out this failing in a very direct way; the Sport Special is so wide with that seat and the side panels that I am very tippy toed... disconcertingly for a someone who's been off bikes a decade and never ridden quarter of a metric tonne of vibrating, shuddering steel.

I was trying to start a new thread about alternative side panels for this model but don't seem to have the New Thread tab on my screen!

In brief, I've noticed those big side panels with the fake chrome pipe have a lot of airspace behind them and removing them improves my ability to reach the ground. Was wondering if anyone has made up alternative covers... if so how and from what. My seat rocks too, and I don't mean it in an admiring way. It wobbles from side to side. I've tracked this down to the seat release mechanism being set on the highest point of the slotted bracket that holds it. Unfortunately the two allen screws won't budge for anything and are impervious to soakings with easing fluids. Somehow I feel this great beast in the garage is refusing my offerings of care and sugar lumps and is telling me she doesn't like me. May have to break out some glam rock boots at this rate or run on flat tyres.

Rob Morton

« Reply #1136 on: January 23, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »
Welcome Queasyrider.

"Unfortunately the two allen screws won't budge for anything and are impervious to soakings with easing fluids."

Have you tried an impact driver with the correct allen key bit inserted?
You will probably have to detach the seat from the frame first?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-0596-Impact-Driver-15pc/dp/B0012MB0X6/ref=sr_1_10/279-9484484-3778263?ie=UTF8&qid=1390462075&sr=8-10&keywords=impact+driver

:)

Rob

Queasyrider

« Reply #1137 on: January 23, 2014, 02:29:42 AM »
Thanks Rob. An impact driver crossed my mind, though a 4mm hex bolt didn't seem like something an impact driver was made for! Horrible gnarly Philips headed screws, yes, but a weeny bolt with a hex head, blimey! May have to go down that route though, so thanks for the suggestion. With the seat release mechanism my three-seater sofa bum-pad sits snuggly on the frame. So, someone before me adjusted the seat release to the wrong position them screwed the fasteners tighter than Scrooge's fist! Vibration paranoia? Oh the joys of 'pre-loved' machinery.

Tolstoy

« Reply #1138 on: January 23, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »
Hello all,

New Guzzi owner in the Bay Area. My first Guzzi after a long line of other bikes.

I am the owner of a black with red accent 2005 Nevada 750ie.

A bit of history on the bike: It was bought 9 years ago by a couple who purchased 2 bikes and 2 scooters. The scooters proved to be an irresistible draw, and as such, the bikes languished in a temperature and humidity controlled garage, and were taken out on occasion to cover roughly 30 miles per year. A few months ago, they brought them back to the dealer and invested several thousand dollars on the 600 mile services; new tires, battery, fuel lines, fluids, and anything else that was needed. A month after that they traded both bikes in on new scooters. So I have a 2005 MG Nevada with color matched factory luggage, pulsing front light, LED rear light upgrade, 600 mile service completed and new consumables...deale r serviced. I bought it at 326 miles a week ago...it has 860 miles now.

It is an awesome bike, really enjoying it.

I would like to change a few things:
1. Centerstand (anyone have one for sale or know of what fits this bike?)
2. Better seat. The seat is fine for comfort, but I find I want to sit 'back' more, which puts me on the hump part and is not comfortable over time. Thinking of having it reshaped, but wanted a seat to use while this seat is modified. Will other V750 seats fit (Breva, Jackal, Classic?). There is a Breva 750 seat on eBay.
3. (Down the road) ceramic coat the headers and put peashooters or aftermarket Italian exhaust on it, but want to see/hear options in person before I purchase. Hoping to run into an MG club around here, or other MG's at car shows and the like.

So, hello everyone and looking forward to exchanging ideas and how-to's with you for years to come.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1139 on: January 23, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
Hello all,

New Guzzi owner in the Bay Area. My first Guzzi after a long line of other bikes.

I am the owner of a black with red accent 2005 Nevada 750ie.

A bit of history on the bike: It was bought 9 years ago by a couple who purchased 2 bikes and 2 scooters. The scooters proved to be an irresistible draw, and as such, the bikes languished in a temperature and humidity controlled garage, and were taken out on occasion to cover roughly 30 miles per year. A few months ago, they brought them back to the dealer and invested several thousand dollars on the 600 mile services; new tires, battery, fuel lines, fluids, and anything else that was needed. A month after that they traded both bikes in on new scooters. So I have a 2005 MG Nevada with color matched factory luggage, pulsing front light, LED rear light upgrade, 600 mile service completed and new consumables...deale r serviced. I bought it at 326 miles a week ago...it has 860 miles now.

It is an awesome bike, really enjoying it.

I would like to change a few things:
1. Centerstand (anyone have one for sale or know of what fits this bike?)
2. Better seat. The seat is fine for comfort, but I find I want to sit 'back' more, which puts me on the hump part and is not comfortable over time. Thinking of having it reshaped, but wanted a seat to use while this seat is modified. Will other V750 seats fit (Breva, Jackal, Classic?). There is a Breva 750 seat on eBay.
3. (Down the road) ceramic coat the headers and put peashooters or aftermarket Italian exhaust on it, but want to see/hear options in person before I purchase. Hoping to run into an MG club around here, or other MG's at car shows and the like.

So, hello everyone and looking forward to exchanging ideas and how-to's with you for years to come.

Sounds like a great bike with a known history; I LOVE "OC" POs (obsessive-compulsive previous owners)!

If you plan on riding the bike a lot (and I hope you do), I would get a custom seat made for it shaped to YOU, not some universal mold.   Russell Day-Long is a good one, but there are others.

Good luck!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here