Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027679 times)

iMark

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1140 on: January 23, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
Please introduce yourself to the group. Give your name, age, occupation and location

Mark Lamprecht, 42, financial services, (metro-Atlanta) Marietta, GA.

I just inherited a 1990 California III.

Offline blackrabbit

• New Egg
« Reply #1141 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:17 PM »
Larry (Larz)
age 68
Retired Aircraft mech.
Kauai HI
I love sailing, fishing, most outdoor activities, love music and books but most times I'm wrenching on something. Fisrt Guzzi... '97 Cali needs plenty wrenching.
97 Harley FatBoy in storage getting ready 4th trip Sturgis from Portland OR.
Cheers!!!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:39:04 PM by blackrabbit »
1997 California 1100 (DelOrto Carbs)
2005 Harley Electraglide
1997 Harley FatBoy

Online jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1142 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
Hello - JC

Old enough to know better & too old to care.

Retired military

Gaithersburg, MD

1990 Mille GT
1975 Norton Interstate
1946 Whizzer
2013 Harley Road Glide (my stationwagon)
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #1143 on: January 24, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »
I lived in Bethesda for about 45 years, but moved to rural NC to get away from the city.  At least you're a little closer to nice riding country than Bethesda is.  Plus you have Growler's brew pub.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1143 on: January 24, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »

doktorwlodek

« Reply #1144 on: January 26, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
Hallo from Warsaw, Poland (European Union) !
I'm 40 y.o. medical doctor. I ride motobike last 28 years. I'm one of founders and members of Moto Guzzi Club Poland. Todays I spend app. 10.000 km per year on bike. At the past it was more than 30.000 per year :)
 I use Moto Guzzi California last 4 years. My first was 95' 1100 Cali (injection). Half year ago I've bought new Vintage 90 Anniversary (brown-white limited) from MG dealer.
 I have two Suzuki: 94' Hayabusa and GS500e and 2 historic 2 stroke bikes (polish WFM 125 ccm and 250 ccm hungarian Pannonia, also. Sometimes I use my girlfriend's 50 ccm Zipp - chinese scooter :)
 At the past I used east german MZ, 88' Honda CBR 1000 F ("red soap-box" :) and Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja.

Sorry - my english is still "under construction". :)

Rob Morton

« Reply #1145 on: January 27, 2014, 01:38:59 AM »
I'm 40 y.o. medical doctor. I ride motobike last 28 years. I'm one of founders and members of Moto Guzzi Club Poland. Todays I spend app. 10.000 km per year on bike. At the past it was more than 30.000 per year :)
 I use Moto Guzzi California last 4 years. My first was 95' 1100 Cali (injection). Half year ago I've bought new Vintage 90 Anniversary (brown-white limited) from MG dealer.
 I have two Suzuki: 94' Hayabusa and GS500e and 2 historic 2 stroke bikes (polish WFM 125 ccm and 250 ccm hungarian Pannonia, also. Sometimes I use my girlfriend's 50 ccm Zipp - chinese scooter :)
 At the past I used east german MZ, 88' Honda CBR 1000 F ("red soap-box" :) and Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja.

Hi Doc,

Welcome to Wild Guzzi.
That certainly is an incredible collection of 2 wheelers.

:)

Rob

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1146 on: January 27, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »

Maybe you can hook up with our own John Boettcher when he is on a trip to Poland to install industrial furnaces!   

My son and I rode a pair of old MZs on the Isle of Man a couple years ago.    Nice bikes.    Be careful on that Hayabusa and that ZX9R!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1147 on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:22 PM »
I lived in Bethesda for about 45 years, but moved to rural NC to get away from the city.  At least you're a little closer to nice riding country than Bethesda is.  Plus you have Growler's brew pub.

Triple Jim - I've lived in Gaithersburg for 30+ years ( except for military "extended vacations" to various worldly garden spots) after growing up in Bethesda.  Moved out here when it was still rural on 3 sides.  Civilization has encroached on me, but I can still get out to some nice rural riding by going west or north.  I'm looking at central/western NC for retirement myself.  Gotta get away from "the California of the East" (i.e. Maryland).
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1148 on: January 27, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »
Welcome Doc! I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the people here and tell you we would enjoy seeing pictures of the places you ride. Don't be a stranger! John in Missouri

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline V7Sport73

• Anthony Riselenger in El Paso
  • New Egg
  • Anthony In El Paso, TX
« Reply #1149 on: January 29, 2014, 02:48:26 PM »
My name is Anthony Riselenger.  I live in El Paso Texas USA.  I've been a member on this forum since early 2009.  I've only posted about 5 times or so.  I didn't want to clutter up the board.  I've been riding Moto Guzzi's since 1988.  I currently own several Moto Guzzi's.  I've been working on these bikes as a hobby for about 20 years.  A few years ago I attended Guzzi rally's in different parts of the US.  I haven't been doing as much cross country riding these days as my job seems to be requiring more of my time.  I hope to be able to retire soon and get in more time in the saddle.  So in the mean time I'll try to hang out here more often.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:51:38 PM by V7Sport73 »
Currently own several Guzzi's.  Been a Guzzi owner since 1988.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1150 on: January 29, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »

.... I didn't want to clutter up the board....  

As you may have noticed, the standard for 'cluttering up the board' 'round here is pretty high (or low).   Not only would 5 posts since 2009 not clutter it up, neither would 500 or 5000!!

Get retired and bring it on!   ;-T

Lannis

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #1151 on: January 29, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
I'm looking at central/western NC for retirement myself.  Gotta get away from "the California of the East" (i.e. Maryland).

I picked this area because of Kerr Reservoir.  I put a few photos in this recent thread:  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=67284.0

Obviously the western part of the state is better if you like riding in the mountains more than playing in water.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:05:51 PM by Triple Jim »
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1152 on: January 29, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »
As you may have noticed, the standard for 'cluttering up the board' 'round here is pretty high (or low).   Not only would 5 posts since 2009 not clutter it up, neither would 500 or 5000!!

Get retired and bring it on!   ;-T

Lannis

;-T don't think clutter is a problem!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1153 on: January 30, 2014, 10:20:45 PM »
I picked this area because of Kerr Reservoir.  I put a few photos in this recent thread:  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=67284.0

Obviously the western part of the state is better if you like riding in the mountains more than playing in water.

Nice pictures & looks like a nice area to live.  I was a "water baby" from junior high school days through college - lifeguarding helped pay for college & the beach was only 2.5-3 hrs away.  As traffic to the beach got worse & worse, I turned my focus more to the west & the mountains.  That's where I tend to do most of my riding anymore.  Deep Creek lake in western MD is the best of both worlds, with water & hilly riding to boot, and the 3 hr ride out there is as much fun as the destination itself!
JC

DDCNY

« Reply #1154 on: February 01, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »
  Hello
Don
Scipio Center,NY
married
retired hs science teacher
hobbies/activities--motorcycles, downhill skiing,golf,snowshoeing,kayaking,mowing my property(seemingly nonstop come spring/ summer)
self appointed film critic
current bikes--2008 HD Fat Bob,2001 Triumph Bonneville, KTM250, Moto Guzzi Griso(soon to pick up once the snow melts)

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1155 on: February 02, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »
Hi All - Kevin here

Going on 66 proud owner of a lovely 1997 Cali 110 I for 3 months now, have always dreamed of having a Guzzi since riding my bro Kiwi Roy's V11 up in Vancouver a year or so back. One son in L.A. with a new V7 Stone - just been up there & had a short spin on that - like my Cali better though, bit of a heavy old girl but once she starts rolling down the road - ahh Bliss  :)

Living in Auckland, New Zealand first bike was an NSU Supermax 250, then a Matchless 500cc  a Triton - wicked Norton / Triumph combo that I managed not to kill myself on luckily. Latterly a 650 Suzuki Savage for the past ten years or so- I have seen the light now, Roy did warn me not to test ride a Cali or I'd fall in love with her.

Cheers,

Kevin

zzz

Hey Kev,
            When are you going to post a picture.
Have you done the Gentle Annie Yet?

Roy
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Graham4031

« Reply #1156 on: February 06, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
Hello all

My name is Graham currently I live between UK, Singapore, Sweden and Russia.

Age 49 (50 in Nov)

Now some sort of Management / Project Consultant for Finance things, basically what a Bean Counter ends up doing when thy are too old to dirt their hands with experience anymore ;)

Recently added a 1100 Sport Corsa Injection to the stable in UK.

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1157 on: February 06, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
  Hello
Don
Scipio Center,NY
married
retired hs science teacher
hobbies/activities--motorcycles, downhill skiing,golf,snowshoeing,kayaking,mowing my property(seemingly nonstop come spring/ summer)
self appointed film critic
current bikes--2008 HD Fat Bob,2001 Triumph Bonneville, KTM250, Moto Guzzi Griso(soon to pick up once the snow melts)

Welcome.

You live in a nice part of the world for riding.  Especially on a Griso, as opposed to that lawn mower.   ;)

Bill

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1158 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »
Hello all

My name is Graham currently I live between UK, Singapore, Sweden and Russia.

Oh good, it's like one of those "Spot the Ball" puzzles.

Northern Afghanistan?   What do I win?

Lannis

throttle jockey

« Reply #1159 on: February 06, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »
Bill,
married 37 years. ride any motorcycle I can get a good deal on from 50cc vintage Hondas to Suzuki hayabusa's. have owned two sp1000's, two 850t's, one cx100, and an Eldorado.
what brings me here is a whim purchase of a 04 750 breva with 2000 miles on it in showroom condition.
hell, haven't even had a chance to ride it yet way too cold and six inches of snow on the ground. don't know what i'm gonna do with it yet. sold a couple of solid old airheads recently and have a hankerin' for some sp, v5, or automatic love. maybe I can trade someone here.
well finally got it home today:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:49:32 PM by throttle jockey »

Dave1100

« Reply #1160 on: February 11, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »
Hi All
David hear from South Wales UK

Been Riding a long time , Now riding a Stelvio 2011 45,000 miles and a Norge 2007 with a few miles on it.

My wife and I love touring Europe from Italy to Norway and all bits in middle, This year Croatia and Sweden on the agenda. Event we have taken Part in Are the Elephant Treffen in Geramny, Dragon Rally North Wales, Guzzi Enduro North and south europe serch Guzzi Enduro Italy and Wales etc, and Guzzi Valais Switzerland grest guys, that a few events we attend regular.
Of course for european Stelvio riders Ridden the Stelvio Pass many times.

Ride Safe David

Online jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1161 on: February 11, 2014, 07:51:20 AM »
Hi All

Been Riding a long time , Now riding a Stelvio 2011 45,000 miles and a Norge 2007 with a few miles on it.

My wife and I love touring Europe from Italy to Norway and all bits in middle, This year Croatia and Sweden on the agenda.

Dave - 20 years ago, I spent 7 months traveling in Bosnia and Croatia, & I constantly was wishing I had a motorcycle rather than a truck.  One question, though.  In those days, border crossings between Croatia, Bosnia & Hungary were somewhat of an ordeal due to regular monumental backups (several hours).  Since the political situation in Bosnia hasn't really changed a lot since those days, do you know if the border-crossing situation has improved much? 
JC

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #1162 on: February 11, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »
Hi All

My wife and I love touring Europe from Italy to Norway and all bits in middle,

Ride Safe David

David,

I'm in SW Germany, near Stuttgart. If you and your wife ever pass thru, hollar! We can ride the Swabian Alp. My wife Sue, is very familiar with the area.

Tom
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1163 on: February 17, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
Hi folks!

Curt & Debbie 50 somethings
Vintage Japanese Biker Hoarders
LaGrange KY

Have a nice collection of Vintage Japanese bikes, Deb loves the old 1978 CX500's (guzzie wanna be's  ;D).

She has always wanted a Guzzi so we just purchased a 2014 Black and Orange V7 Special from Cleveland Moto, going to pick it up March 1st!!  

Can't wait to get educated via the forum, thanks to the administrators and all the knowledgeable ones!

Our current stable;
1968 Yamaha YAS1C Blue
1971 Honda CT90 Trail 90 Red
1972 Yamaha DS7 Gold and Black
1977 Honda XL100 Red
1977 Honda CB750K SOHC Excel Black
1978 Honda CX500 Black
1978 Honda CX500 Candy Presto Red
1981 Honda CB750K DOHC Candy Muse Red
1981 Honda C70 Cub Red
1982 Honda CB750K DOHC Candy Imperial Blue
1995 Yamaha XV1100 Virago Teel/White
2013 Honda Cb1100 Candy Red
2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec Green
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Special Black and Orange

Thanks for having us !

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:46:36 PM by vintagehoarder »
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline MikeW

• New Egg
    • Mike's Machines
« Reply #1164 on: February 17, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
Hi Guys and Girls!

It's been around 5 years since my last Guzzi but I'm enjoying being back. I've owned a bunch of different models since the seventies including:
-750 S3
-Le Mans 2
-Daytona
-Centauro

My new Guzzi is a 1990 Le Mans 1000 (mark 5) which is in good used nick for its age. The only mods appear to be a braced swing arm and a heavy duty battery plate. I've had to replace wheel bearings, swing arm bearings,  steering head bearings, fork seals and the rear bevel seal so far. It's had a few things re painted and repaired but the frame appears straight and true. The only things left on my to do list is getting the right front disc ground and replacing the bevel cover gaskets to stop a minor oil leak.

The engine is strong and the bike runs and idles very nicely. So far it's been a blast reliving that old school handling. My other bike is an 2006 Benelli TnT so it's quite a change jumping off one onto the other  :o

Mike
Melbourne Australia.

My Benelli TnT

Mike's Machines on You Tube
Motorcycle News & Reviews
Motorcycle Service Videos

Offline Ralffour

• New Egg
« Reply #1165 on: February 18, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »
Hi All

Ralf her from the Middle of Germany.

I´m 53 years old and buy my first Guzzi in 1980. It was a LeMans 3. Now and many Guzzi later I drive a T3. At the moment I'm trying to restore a 750 S.

I have a couple of questions, because the S is quite a wreck.

Ralf

Online jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1166 on: February 18, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »
I'm not usually much of a café racer fan, but I have to admit that a member of the Nations Capital Norton Owners group (MD, DC, northern VA members primarily) has a CX500 that he's done a BEAUTIFUL job of turning into a café racer.  It actually fits right in visually with the Nortons, BMW airheads, Guzzis (a couple) & other assorted 60s & 70s bikes that show up for our regular meetings.  Too bad I don't have a picture or 2 for you.
JC

Rob Morton

« Reply #1167 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:49 AM »
Hi All

Ralf her from the Middle of Germany.

I´m 53 years old and buy my first Guzzi in 1980. It was a LeMans 3. Now and many Guzzi later I drive a T3. At the moment I'm trying to restore a 750 S.

I have a couple of questions, because the S is quite a wreck.

Ralf

Hi Ralf, welcome to Wild Guzzi.
Also own a 750S. There is a great thread concerning rebuilding one here.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=59430.0

Or is there a specific question someone here might be able to help with?

:)

Rob

revrandy

« Reply #1168 on: February 20, 2014, 07:36:08 AM »
Greetings All,

I have been riding for a number of years and after drooling over the Norge for the past few, I have decided to explore making one my own.

Currently ride a Kawasaki Versys, have previously owned a Tiger 955i, V-Strom, R6 and GS500.  As my riding tends to be about 80% touring now, thought it was the time to get a bike to reflect that.

At present I live in Southwestern Ontario, but am in the process of moving to the U.S. once my Spousal Green Card is approved (married a yank in December).

Oh yeah, I am also an ordained minister - know of any churches in the warm states that need a progressive, open-minded, slightly irreverent, beer drinking minister?   :D

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1169 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:31 AM »
Greetings All,

I have been riding for a number of years and after drooling over the Norge for the past few, I have decided to explore making one my own.

Currently ride a Kawasaki Versys, have previously owned a Tiger 955i, V-Strom, R6 and GS500.  As my riding tends to be about 80% touring now, thought it was the time to get a bike to reflect that.

At present I live in Southwestern Ontario, but am in the process of moving to the U.S. once my Spousal Green Card is approved (married a yank in December).

Oh yeah, I am also an ordained minister - know of any churches in the warm states that need a progressive, open-minded, slightly irreverent, beer drinking minister?   :D

"Minister" .... "you keep using that word.   I do not think it means what you think it means!"    ;)

Those sound like bikes I'd like.   Light, good riding positions ... My son has a Versys and it's a great bike, sort of like an easier-to-muscle-around Stelvio.   

The US is pretty big ... where are you moving to?    Over the years, we've established that there are good roads WHEREVER you go, including the sand hills of Florida, the swamps of Louisiana, and the plains of Kansas ....

Lannis

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here