Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027785 times)

TROTAMUN2

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1080 on: December 09, 2013, 05:02:00 AM »
Hi everyone!! Edgar here, just another one here who chokes the Guzz..i, hummmm, what I meant is that loves the GUZZi!! I am the proud owner of a 1997 V10 centauro! I am hoping I meet some of the great people here @ rides and meetings!!!

diabloloco

« Reply #1081 on: December 10, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »
Nice site and hello.  I've got a sport 11.  Couldn't not be on probably the biggest guzzi site in the world.
Been lurking a bit and I like.  Troll free sorta but some really experienced people that know their stuff.

Az 

Scoot4Life

« Reply #1082 on: December 10, 2013, 10:23:04 PM »
Hello fellow Guzzistas!

Paul, 53 years young and enjoying the ride!
I live in a rural community N/W of Toronto.
Work in investment and private equities.
Ride an Aprilia, Piaggio (scooters) and a Triumph Thruxton SE (WOW! and for sale) and a Griso SE 8V (WOW!). My wife (WOW!) rides a Vespa.

Excellent site with great information and seemingly great people. Looking forward to reading more and posting some to.
Looking to buy some red suspenders (when I can find some!)

Will post pix of my Griso soon.

Offline Britishbangers

• New Egg
« Reply #1083 on: December 12, 2013, 03:12:12 AM »
Hello Group,

I am Joji Kurian.

I am an Indian, presently in UAE/ Dubai.

I will be 43 years old tomorrow (13/12/13).

I am a Civil Engineer and work for a French company building water and waste-water treatment plants.

I have purchased an ex-dealer 2012 - Moto Guzzi V7 Classic in red and white on 11/12/13.

I had a few British motorcycles in the past, however, there was a friend/ mentor called Mr Lannis in Virginia US of A who had a Moto Guzzi.

In India and especially in the circumstances that I grew up in, if was well neigh impossible to dream or even own a Guzzi.

However, Mr Lannis ignited the spark in 2002 and nearly 12 years down the line, I finally have a small block Guzzi.

Here in the UAE, there are about 5 Guzzis (3nos Grisos, 1no V7 Classic & 1no Racer).

I will need all the help I could possibly get.

I am on the look out for the following;

1. Center Stand,

2. Engine crash guards,

All pointers/ leads will be gladly accepted.

Take care and stay well.

Regards,

Joji Kurian - aka - Britishbangers
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:34:02 AM by Britishbangers »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1083 on: December 12, 2013, 03:12:12 AM »

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #1084 on: December 13, 2013, 01:34:40 AM »
Hi Andrew,
welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here and some real experts who will give you advice when you need it. The best we've got is Pete Roper in Bungendore near Canberra. He goes by the name of Vasco DG.
Mike
Wyno

fikuscz

« Reply #1085 on: December 14, 2013, 03:05:44 AM »
Hello,
My name is Miroslav Fischer
45 years
businessman
I'm from Czech Republic
My interests: family, old motorcycles, RC models, traveling, cycling

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1086 on: December 14, 2013, 11:22:09 AM »
Hello Group,

I am Joji Kurian.

I am an Indian, presently in UAE/ Dubai.

I will be 43 years old tomorrow (13/12/13).

I am a Civil Engineer and work for a French company building water and waste-water treatment plants.

I have purchased an ex-dealer 2012 - Moto Guzzi V7 Classic in red and white on 11/12/13.

I had a few British motorcycles in the past, however, there was a friend/ mentor called Mr Lannis in Virginia US of A who had a Moto Guzzi.

In India and especially in the circumstances that I grew up in, if was well neigh impossible to dream or even own a Guzzi.

However, Mr Lannis ignited the spark in 2002 and nearly 12 years down the line, I finally have a small block Guzzi.

Here in the UAE, there are about 5 Guzzis (3nos Grisos, 1no V7 Classic & 1no Racer).

I will need all the help I could possibly get.

I am on the look out for the following;

1. Center Stand,

2. Engine crash guards,

All pointers/ leads will be gladly accepted.

Take care and stay well.

Regards,

Joji Kurian - aka - Britishbangers

JOJI!!

Good to see your typeface here; I was just thinking about you, wondering where a Christmas card would get to you!   Sounds like the job’s going well … hope Sini and Naomi are well.   Naomi must be a young lady by now.  

I work for a French company myself now … thank goodness for the French taxpayer and utility customer, I think about them every time I get a paycheck!  

There sure are a lot of similarities between Britbikes and Guzzis, and there’s a lot of similarities between the people too.    We have some real Smallblock fans on the list who will be able to help you with parts or working on the bike, I know they’ll be anxious to answer any question you might have.

Don’t feel too far from “support” there in the Emirates – your Guzzi dealer is probably closer than mine!!   The life expectancy of a Guzzi dealer in the USA is about the same as a Maxim gunner in the Ypres trenches …. I’ve seen six of them come and go here in Virginia in the last 5 years ….

So take advantage of the expertise of your fellow Guzzisti!!

Lannis
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:23:21 AM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

mecano

« Reply #1087 on: December 14, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
Luis caballero
age 55
Mechanical Contractor
 Hialeah fl
bikes
yamaha radian 600
honda shado
kawi  mean street
susuki vstrom
thriumph tiger 1050
I am Cuban came to US 22 years ago on a raft, the most difficult part was the languish so please bear with me. 
Iam  hoping to get a new stelvio nxt and all the help I can get. like to do every thing in my bikes, and some of them need the dealers's computers I do ac and refrigeration

FODFA

« Reply #1088 on: December 14, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »
Hi Andrew,
welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here and some real experts who will give you advice when you need it. The best we've got is Pete Roper in Bungendore near Canberra. He goes by the name of Vasco DG.
Mike

I notice a few Aussies around here, I'll keep an eye out for Vasco.

I've got a few bits and pieces coming for the Cali, and a couple of custom jobs on the go that hopefully I can share with everyone in the new year.

Cheers Andrew

Offline Britishbangers

• New Egg
« Reply #1089 on: December 14, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »
Dear Mr Lannis,

Yes! this is Joji indeed!

The project has wound up and infact, I am looking at a new opening in the Emirates.

I will call on you tonight to catch up with old times.

The Guzzi dealer is infact a lady!

She knew that I am a classic bike fan and she offered me the Guzzi on installaments!

I will PM you soon.

Thank you for the kind words and the warm welcome.

Take care and stay well.

Regards,

Joji Kurian

Offline Johncolleary

• Gosling
« Reply #1090 on: December 15, 2013, 09:14:59 AM »
John Colleary General Contractor Long Beach Ca.
Just purchased my first Motoguzzi 2013 Setlvio NTX
Also have a 2001 Aprilia Falco
riding since 1974
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." �Groucho Marx
2013 Stelvio NTX
2014 Triumph Tiger 800
2001 Suzuki DR400
2023 Kawasaki KLX300

Offline JBBenson

• New Egg
« Reply #1091 on: December 16, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
Jesse Benson
Film Production Designer
This V11 is my 3rd Moto Guzzi.....I would like a Stelvio someday

Offline Queensland Ken

• New Egg
« Reply #1092 on: December 18, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
Hi, Ken from Toowoomba here.
Just bought a near new Stelvio NTX, love it, my first Guzzi !

Just ordered a few service items for it as well as a a adaptor for a Givi top box, so I can swap between bikes and a Rostra cruise control.
I'm hoping to do most of the service work myself.
Just waiting on some filter cup wrenches and a set of OBD leads to finish off it's first service.

Cheers
Toowoomba, Queensland
2012 Stelvio NTX
FJR1300

CooperD

« Reply #1093 on: December 19, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
Doug Cooper, 41, married, 2 kids

I work at DreamWorks Animation (18 years - quite a run in this business) as a Visual Effects Supervisor.

My introduction to Guzzi is my new 2013 V7 Stone (black), and I couldn't be happier with it.  Not only is it my first Guzzi, it's my first bike. 

A buddy invited me to take the MSF course with him through the local Harley dealership.  I wasn't sure if I was going to get a bike, but wanted to support him.  That all changed the first day on the range when we started up the demo bikes, and the vibration, sounds and smells were intoxicating.  I knew I had to do this.  (A mere 500 miles later, and I wish I'd done this 10 years go - but not 20, I would have killed myself then   ::) )

Before getting the Guzzi, I've been a car enthusiast for many years.  I own a supercharged 1994 Miata and "1961" Austin Mini.  I do most of my own work on the cars (the Mini's currently up on stands in the garage patiently waiting for me to put new wheel bearings in). 

I'm looking forward to learning more about Guzzi's, bikes in general, and riding safe and fun. 

Rob Morton

« Reply #1094 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:33 AM »
("A mere 500 miles later, and I wish I'd done this 10 years go - but not 20, I would have killed myself then " ::)

Hi Doug, it's cool you've found 2 wheels.
Know what you mean.
I started riding when I was 17. How I survived the first couple of years is anybodies guess?

:bike

Rob

kildareman

« Reply #1095 on: December 20, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
Kildareman saying Hi.  Presently riding a Triumph Tiger 800 but am starting to look at either the V7 Stone or the Griso 8v. 

Offline the balding bunyip

• New Egg
« Reply #1096 on: December 22, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »
G'day Fellas

My name is Michael and I have just purchased my first Guzzi, sight unseen in the States, with the intention of riding it coast to coast early next year.

It is a 2007 Breva 1100 with 3200 miles on it.  Cannot wait to see it and ride it.... only 93 sleeps to go,   :bike
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy. Edgar Bergen

Lazmo

« Reply #1097 on: December 23, 2013, 07:35:08 AM »
Howdy…

My name is Larry

I’m 56

I work as a Network Architect for an ICT multinational

I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

My interests are motorcycles, mountain bikes, guitars, drums, family… not necessarily in that order.

The reason why I am here is that my good riding buddy recently bought me a 1971 Moto Guzzi V7 Special… it’s not a freeby, I am paying for it… but he forced me into it, so he could have me back as a riding companion. My current bike is tiny (Honda SS50) and won’t really carry pillions, or do big distances… so he has forced the issue of a rangier, bigger, pillion friendly bike, by simply buying one for me.

I have had many many motorcycles in my 56 years on the planet… lots of trail bikes on the farm growing up, but the road bikes being mainly early Triumphs, Honda 4’s and Ducatis, of which I have owned eight. I did a have a BMW phase, but we can ignore that.

Anyway, the Guzzi is all original, one owner, has not been started in 20 years, with only 43,000 kms on the clock. It needs a good wash and polish, seat recover, battery, tyres and re-lube… but I’m gonna pop the heads off to see the state of the chrome bores before I crank it into life.

Regards Lazmo

mattblum

« Reply #1098 on: December 23, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »
Hello, my name is Matt Blum. 43, living in Porltand, OR.
My amazing wife just surprised me with a 2013 V7 Racer with Record Kit.
Love the bike!! It's just incredible.

My other bike is a 1976 BMW R75/6 (which my wife surprised me with eight years ago).

Not 100% sold on the seat from the record kit, so I've put the original back on.
Here's a pic:

Matt Blum
Portland, OR
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
1976 BMW R75/6

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1099 on: December 23, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »
Hello, my name is Matt Blum. 43, living in Porltand, OR.
My amazing wife just surprised me with a 2013 V7 Racer with Record Kit.
Love the bike!! It's just incredible.

My other bike is a 1976 BMW R75/6 (which my wife surprised me with eight years ago).

You're wife is an incredible woman -- definitely a keeper!    ;-T
Treat her well (I'm sure you do, or she wouldn't be this good to you).   :BEER:

As for the bike -- congratulations!    Now I want the record kit for my V7R too.   ;D
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

eric2186

« Reply #1100 on: December 24, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
Hi I'm Eric, currently living in the Los Angeles / Orange County area. I'm 27, learned to ride in my native Taiwan about three years ago and haven't looked back since. I bought a Griso 1100 about a year ago to replace my Monster as a daily rider and long distance touring bike (odd choice, I know). Here she is:

schadeam

« Reply #1101 on: December 26, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »
Hola. New moto guzzi owner. Purchased a Breva 750 a while ago. In Blue. Looking forward to interacting with you all. http://imgur.com/a/ReYCS 

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1102 on: December 26, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
Let us know when you make your trip, plenty of American hospitality to help you along the way!
G'day Fellas

My name is Michael and I have just purchased my first Guzzi, sight unseen in the States, with the intention of riding it coast to coast early next year.

It is a 2007 Breva 1100 with 3200 miles on it.  Cannot wait to see it and ride it.... only 93 sleeps to go,   :bike

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Rob Morton

« Reply #1103 on: December 27, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »
"My name is Michael and I have just purchased my first Guzzi, sight unseen in the States, with the intention of riding it coast to coast early next year."

That'll be one hell of a ride!
It is even bigger than Oz.
Rode from Alaska to Southern Chile in 1991 but not on a Guzzi an XT350.

:bike

Rob

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #1104 on: December 27, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »
Hello all -

Norman in San Diego here - back in 1979 I found a '72 Eldorado 850 crashed and forgotten under a pool liner in a storage yard  in Sausalito - the owner asked $350 for it, and I made payments  :)

One battery and the usual tinkering put it back on the road for 115K miles over the next 12 years, at which point I was spending more time riding horses and I swapped it for a 45-70.

Of course in hindsight now that I want another Guzzi it turns out that they're going for real money now...I'm looking for something between $1 - $2,500 dollars and we'll see what that brings in out of the woodwork.

Thanks all for your invaluable support and fun stories.

Norman
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Captain Clive

« Reply #1105 on: December 27, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
G'day
Old fart from Queensland Australia. Just bought myself a V7 Special after being bike less for the past 15 years.  My wife said I could buy another bike once I had my hip replaced. That happened 2 years ago. My main problem is getting my leg over (a bike that is) so I was looking for one low enough. The V7 caught my eye and it was another Italian love affair for me, the other being my coffee machine. I'm still getting used to riding again and a little apprehensive. My wife keeps reminding me I'll be 65 next month. I've booked in to do a refresher course in February. Oh it's my first Guzzi having had several Jap bikes and a BMWR100RT in the past.

Cheers Clive

Offline r3bauer

• New Egg
Re:
« Reply #1106 on: December 28, 2013, 12:46:28 AM »
Adam
Husband and Dad
Stay at home dad
Army Vet.
Stormtruck2's oldest son.
Bike inventory:
78 Sportster
82 Suzuki gl1100gs
78 honda sl100
Hope to soon have a Moto Guzzi California.
Stormtruck2 got me into Guzzis after loaning me his California.  What a great bike! Smooth acceleration, great handling, and smooth braking I love the way I can ride for miles and stay comfortable.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

DennisH

« Reply #1107 on: December 28, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
Dennis, FL, USA. On my 4th Guzzi in last 3 years. Had a 750 Nevada in restoration which never finished then passed it on to next happy restorer! Next a 1200 Breva Sport but in my late 60s was too much on the wrists - but FAST! The past 1.5 years on a Nevada which is too small for me, peppy, but too small. Now in process of restoring 1999 Bassa with only 6K miles on it. Wish me success!

65_dreamer

« Reply #1108 on: December 29, 2013, 07:42:22 PM »
Hello everyone!  Fairly new to riding (about 1 year on my 1965 Honda Dream 305) and new to the Moto Guzzi world - less than 1 week! I just purchased a 2010 V7 Classic and spent Christmas Eve morning at the DMV to get it registered. Not what most people would want to do over the holiday, but I was excited (and a bit nervous) to be there.  ;D

The Moto Guzzi is (obviously) very different from the Dream, but great fun so far. I've taken it out in the parking lot twice, did a 60 mile on familiar roads, and did a group ride today of about 150 miles.  It'll still take some getting used to, but I'm loving the bike so far!

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1109 on: December 29, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »
Hey Adam how's it going? what prompted a young feller like you to come hang with the red suspender brigade? Iowa cabin fever? You'll have to attend the flat track races with us next labor day, hey I'll get you some cotton candy!  

John S  

Adam
Husband and Dad
Stay at home dad
Army Vet.
Stormtruck2's oldest son.
Bike inventory:
78 Sportster
82 Suzuki gl1100gs
78 honda sl100
Hope to soon have a Moto Guzzi California.
Stormtruck2 got me into Guzzis after loaning me his California.  What a great bike! Smooth acceleration, great handling, and smooth braking I love the way I can ride for miles and stay comfortable.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:43:37 PM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here