Author Topic: Flat track wars  (Read 1432 times)

oldbike54

Flat track wars
« on: October 28, 2016, 12:26:47 AM »
 Well now , AMA pro flat track racing is gonna be interesting next year . Indian has hired the last 3 champions , Bryan Smith , Jared Mees , and Brad Baker , to race the Indian factory bikes . Looks like Brandon Robinson will ride the HD factory effort . Not sure who will ride the Kawasaki customer bikes sponsored by Crossley Radios . There is some discussion that Triumph is asking the AMA to homologate the new 1200 , not looking good . Guessing KTM and the Italian twin may be on the ropes also . Wonder if Indian will offer customer motors , and if the new Water Pumper HD will become competitive . All very interesting .

Dusty

Offline clubman

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Flat track wars
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 06:34:17 AM »
For a detailed examination of the current state of Flat Track racing in the U.S. check out Kevin Cameron's excellent article on the latest Cycle World web page cycleworld.com . Flat Track is right on the edge of a rebirth as a viable motor sport in this country. It's success hinges on expert marketing to attract a TV contract and substantial and long lasting financial support from the motorcycle manufacturer's. Those are 2 tall orders in the face of less than great sales figures in the current economy. It remains to be seen if the AMA will once again turn potential gold into forgotten dust. Count me as hopeful but not optimistic.
BMW R1250RS, Ducati 821 Monster, KTM 890 Duke, Indian R1200R Carbon

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »
I think the track safety concern is a big problem and a black eye to the sport.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Two Checks

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
As long as na$car has anytbing to do witn AMA racing they will find a way to screw it up.
1990 Cal III f/f  "Il Duce' III"
1987 1000 SPII "Il Duce' II"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »
I understand more fans and tv contracts would be great for the sport but if crowds get to be the size of Na$car races, no thank you. I do hope they can work out the safety issues, I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of it.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »
I understand more fans and tv contracts would be great for the sport but if crowds get to be the size of Na$car races, no thank you. I do hope they can work out the safety issues, I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of it.

Hell , even Crashcar crowds are shrinking , so I doubt if we will ever see 50,000 rabid flat track fans at Springfield  :laugh:

Reality is , it takes money to run a travelling series , and maybe the race promoters can be prodded into safety improvements using the leverage that money can apply . The recent tragedies might also help shine a light on safety concerns .

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here