Author Topic: Cadre cycles / Noisy Griso  (Read 1224 times)

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
Cadre cycles / Noisy Griso
« on: March 25, 2017, 10:20:02 PM »
Does anyone have an experiance or opinion of Cadre cycles in Cinncinnatti ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:37:07 AM by nobleswood »
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Offline creaky99

• Gosling
Re: Cadre cycles
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:38:52 AM »
I visited there couple of years ago to look at a BMW they had for sale. Nice bunch of knowledgeable guys for sure.  The owner showed me around the place and let me take a test ride. I found some faults in the bike, but there was no pressure at all to convince me to buy anyway, I didn't.  If my Guzzi needs some TLC that I can't provide, I will definitely take it there.
Once you go over the hill, you pick up speed!

'98 Moto Guzzi EV11

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:08:18 AM »
I purchased my V7 from Cadre in November. I found them to be a very knowledgeable group. Very friendly and not pushy in any kind of way. When I wanted to take a short test drive the owner said that was not a long enough test drive to even get the tires warmed up. He told me to follow him and we ended up taking about a 45 minute drive.

My wife and I wanted to make sure we could fit both cars in the garage along with the bike so the owner brought a V7 over the house so that we could make sure it would all work out. When my bike finally came in the weather was pretty lousy so he ended up delivering it to me. All in all it was a great buying experience for me.
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »
I went to one of their open houses last summer with Terry Barnes. Nice bunch of guys. I'd expected them to be knowledgeable of current bikes only but their service department was loaded with older bikes too. Several BMWs were in the service bay as well.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »

Offline nobleswood

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 07:35:15 AM »
Thanks All,

Yesterday was forecast to be a great day, so I was preping the New bike, a 1200 Griso, after it's winter slumber. After it warmed up there was a loud 'tappet' like noise, that didn't sound good.

Took my V11 Sport instead & had a great ride. Then back home I adjusted the tappets on the Griso, checked the oil again.

Still the loud tapping, from the right cylinder. The sound rises with engine revs, it doesn't change with bliping the throttle, meaning the sound is faster, not harsher. With a stethoscope I made myself more concerned as the sound seemed to be louder at the front of the engine & lower down. It could be a blocked oilway, starving oil to the roller tappets, but it's new clean synthetic Eni 10/60. So that doesn't seem likely.

Earlier this year, on a clear day, I took the bike over to show off to a neighbor. After the 1/2 mile to his house the bike had developed the same noise. We checked the oil & found that the PO after changing the oil had filled it to the correct level on the dipstick but with the bike on the sidestand, not with the bike upright. Added more oil & the sound disappeared.

Between then & now I have only had 1 ride, because of the weather, a 'getting to know you' ride of 160 miles. The only comment I would make was the bike sounded noisy as I put it away in the barn. But not the loud tapping noise I have now.

I do not have the skills nor currently the time to open the engine up. So it looks like I will be visiting Cadre cycles.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:26:44 AM by nobleswood »
2004 V11 Sport Naked / Ballabio
2013 1200 8v Griso

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
Re: Cadre cycles / Noisy Griso
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 08:39:24 AM »
I believe the owner and most of the people working there originally worked at the BMW dealership that was in Cincinnati and after it closed up they opened up Cadre.
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline et18

• Hatchling
Re: Cadre cycles / Noisy Griso
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »
I had the clutch replaced there on my '94 BMW R-RS.  They came in pretty close to the quote and did a good job, I think it was only in there about a week.
2014 California Touring
1994 BMW R1100RS
2001 BMW R1200C

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here