Author Topic: How long should one wait for Guzzi to make warranty decisions  (Read 8699 times)

Offline Bisbonian

• Gaggle Hero
  • Living the Dream
Re: How long should one wait for Guzzi to make warranty decisions
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
Does your state have a lemon law? I would be looking for my money back if they can't put in on the road fast, it's a brand new bike, right?

Here is the thing about Lemon Laws, many of them do not cover motorcycles.
According to the Attorney General site for PA, "Commercial vehicles, motorcycles, motor homes, and off-road vehicles are not covered by the law."

I think I've read somewhere that there is another route to get protection similar to the lemon law but can't remember what act covers it or what the specifications are.

I know that when I decided to pursue lemon law actions on a car that the process too a few months. I was told there were 3 possible outcomes; the manufacturer would purchase my car back from me, the manufacturer would offer me some money and let me keep my car, or nothing would happen.

The manufacturer initially offered me a low amount, which I refused. Then they came back with a higher amount which I decided to accept (I kept the car as well). As soon as I got my check I traded my car in on something else as, even though it was reportedly fixed, I no longer trusted it. In my case the ineptitude of the dealer doing the warranty work was a concern, they actually caused more damage every time it went in to them.

FWIW, I contacted an attorney to handle my case as I was not confident that I knew what I was doing. The attorney charged me a flat rate which was exactly equal to the first offer I received from the manufacturer, hence why I didn't take it. In the end the amount I received made me whole when added to what I received on my trade. I didn't get new car value back but I felt I was able to purchase something equal with no, or very little, personal outlay.

I should also mention, as soon as I contacted the attorney I was advised not to discuss the suit. In addition, once we settled I was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement, hence the vagueness above.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:43:30 AM by Bisbonian »

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
How long should one wait for the OP to update this thread?

Just as soon as Piaggio lets me know what they plan to do about the pos bike they built with a thrust washer issue, that even though they knew they had an issue didn't pull the bike from a showroom floor nor did they have the wisdom to keep replacement engines stateside.  I will never again buy anything made by Piaggio and have now diversified my stock holdings of  Piagf.  One week out and I am now riding a bike that is now making one horrible racket from the bottom end.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »
Just as soon as Piaggio lets me know what they plan to do about the pos bike they built with a thrust washer issue, that even though they knew they had an issue didn't pull the bike from a showroom floor nor did they have the wisdom to keep replacement engines stateside.  I will never again buy anything made by Piaggio and have now diversified my stock holdings of  Piagf.  One week out and I am now riding a bike that is now making one horrible racket from the bottom end.
I feel your pain my friend. Just hope for a break.

pete roper

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2019, 07:46:44 PM »

You know there is something seriously wrong but you keep riding it? You're bonkers!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2019, 07:46:44 PM »

Online Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »

:clock: :popcorn:  :weiner:
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2019, 08:29:20 PM »
No kidding!    And think about what you’re doing?  You’re tearing them a new one on a public forum,  I think y blew it.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2019, 08:34:44 PM »
No kidding!    And think about what you’re doing?  You’re tearing them a new one on a public forum,  I think y blew it.

I blew nothing.  I'm not the one who build crap, shipped crap, and now isn't providing customer service for said crap.  They wold be tearing themselves a new one with their fabulous support.  I'm simply bringing my experience with a 700 mile bike to light for others to think about before they lay down their hard earned money.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37:00 PM »
You know there is something seriously wrong but you keep riding it? You're bonkers!

Under warranty.  Happy to not ride it, if they give me a loaner.  Til then I have AAA
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

oldbike54

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »
I blew nothing.  I'm not the one who build crap, shipped crap, and now isn't providing customer service for said crap.  They wold be tearing themselves a new one with their fabulous support.  I'm simply bringing my experience with a 700 mile bike to light for others to think about before they lay down their hard earned money.

You are aware of the fact that we already know about this problem , right ? Once again , you aren't helping your cause here .

Dusty

Online Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »

Hope you dont throw this attitude WHEN your bike dumps its guts on the side of the road leaving you stranded, or when Guzzi tells you to go packing for causing MORE damage to your bike with a known problem.  Your bike should be at the dealer, in their lap to fix. It's unfortunate that you got one of the bad ones, but you did. You can act like a mature man and move forward, or continue to trash and thrash both literally and figuratively like a 5 year old.  Come on man!
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
I just hope the bike doesn't seize up when you ride and tosses you off.  Otherwise, I'd probably feel the same way. 

It's pretty easy for someone to say you're overreacting when you bought the bike with your own cash.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2019, 08:56:44 PM »
Hope you dont throw this attitude WHEN your bike dumps its guts on the side of the road leaving you stranded, or when Guzzi tells you to go packing for causing MORE damage to your bike with a known problem.  Your bike should be at the dealer, in their lap to fix. It's unfortunate that you got one of the bad ones, but you did. You can act like a mature man and move forward, or continue to trash and thrash both literally and figuratively like a 5 year old.  Come on man!

Guzzi and the dealer had all the time to tell me not to ride it.  I was told the engine needs to be replaced and riding it will not hurt anything that won't be replaced.  I could care less about getting a bad one.  I care about the insanely poor service Piaggio has when it comes to "known problems"  For that I will shout from the mountain top so no one has to go thru what I am being put thru.   
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

oldbike54

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2019, 09:00:38 PM »
 No , we are done with the shouting . Try this tactic on any other brand specific forum and see how long you last . I tried being nice , that hasn't worked , so here we are . Don't start another thread about this , are we clear ?

Dusty

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »
I never had to try telling the truth on any oher brand.  Never had  a single warranty issue on any other bike.  I won't have to post up anything if Guzzi would do what is right.  Would have prefered that but seems that didn't happen.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

oldbike54

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2019, 09:21:01 PM »
I never had to try telling the truth on any oher brand.  Never had  a single warranty issue on any other bike.  I won't have to post up anything if Guzzi would do what is right.  Would have prefered that but seems that didn't happen.

We all would prefer that no product ever fail . In the real world that will remain a dream . You have a first world problem that can be resolved , and while it is an inconvenience , there are people dealing with real problems , like the loss of a loved one . Are you understanding here ? Chill , you are coming off like someone who has never had to face a challenge .

Dusty

Offline benebob

• New Egg
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2019, 09:31:09 PM »
I could care less about something failing.  It is the lack of solving the problem I take issue with and I truely believe most here would agree that this issue should have been solved long before the bike ever left a dealer showroom floor where it sat for 2 years while Guzzi knew about the issue and had a "range" of vin  but your right a bike doesn't really matter when it all comes down to it but how a company treats its customers does.  BTW you don't know me, you do not know what I have been thru or the 27 surgeries I had in the past 7 years so why don't you calm yourself down as to me you have been the snarkiest person I've encountered on this site.  Maybe you should remember not to judge the path others have taken to get here.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

oldbike54

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »
 OK , have we calmed down yet ?

Dusty

pete roper

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2019, 10:25:07 PM »
Under warranty.  Happy to not ride it, if they give me a loaner.  Til then I have AAA

If the crank locks up at the wrong time it could kill you. You know you have a serious problem but you persist in riding the machine? Sorry but cutting off your nose to spite your face is not clever, nor is it 'Teaching them, (Whoever 'They' are?) a lesson, it is simply endangering yourself and other people. Selfish and stupid behaviour.

Pete

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2019, 06:14:18 AM »
Point of order.

We don't have a definitive "range".

And since we don't know Guzzi's internal practices we also don't know if THEY KNOW for sure which bikes are effected by VIN.

Was only one guy doing the assembly of the motors at that step?

Was he making the mistake on each one?

Is he sleeping with the fishes in Lake Como?

Oh and the Piaggio stock comment, hilarious.

It sucks, I do feel sorry for you having to deal with this BS. I've warned every soul who has approached me asking about new V7's about the potential for this in a II model.

But in life sometimes you get the elevator and sometimes the shaft. When it's the latter I completely understand being angry and wanting to fight for what's right. But at some point you're pissing in wind and the attitude only hurts yourself and your attempts to get whole.

That's what I tried to point out on your first thread.

I truly hope it gets sorted and you don't kill yourself or make yourself miserable trying to make a point.

Hang in there!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2019, 06:51:33 AM »
In all fairness as I recall there was a way to check new bikes on the showroom for movement in the crank. Everyone just chose to ignore doing it on the front side. Also when this reared its ugly head they could have put ten engines in the warehouse and handled claims within 48 hours. the real question for any company is are you marketing for today only or are you doing today what is needed to be the leader in 5 to 10 years in the future.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2019, 07:05:22 AM »
In all fairness as I recall there was a way to check new bikes on the showroom for movement in the crank. Everyone just chose to ignore doing it on the front side. Also when this reared its ugly head they could have put ten engines in the warehouse and handled claims within 48 hours. the real question for any company is are you marketing for today only or are you doing today what is needed to be the leader in 5 to 10 years in the future.

I don't know if that bulletin method would work on a bike with zero wear at the block/thrust surface.

But you're right they could handle it better. No argument.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2019, 11:26:11 AM »
Point of order.

We don't have a definitive "range".

And since we don't know Guzzi's internal practices we also don't know if THEY KNOW for sure which bikes are effected by VIN.

Was only one guy doing the assembly of the motors at that step?

Was he making the mistake on each one?

Is he sleeping with the fishes in Lake Como?

Oh and the Piaggio stock comment, hilarious.

It sucks, I do feel sorry for you having to deal with this BS. I've warned every soul who has approached me asking about new V7's about the potential for this in a II model.

But in life sometimes you get the elevator and sometimes the shaft. When it's the latter I completely understand being angry and wanting to fight for what's right. But at some point you're pissing in wind and the attitude only hurts yourself and your attempts to get whole.

That's what I tried to point out on your first thread.

I truly hope it gets sorted and you don't kill yourself or make yourself miserable trying to make a point.

Hang in there!
I don't think they know which engines...my dealer was telling me that he got a replacement engine for a customer under warranty, put it in, and guess what? Same problem!  The next engine that came was ok, and all is good now.  Yes, that would bug the hell out of me...

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2019, 11:41:10 AM »
I don't think they know which engines...my dealer was telling me that he got a replacement engine for a customer under warranty, put it in, and guess what? Same problem!  The next engine that came was ok, and all is good now.  Yes, that would bug the hell out of me...

You would think they would be putting V7III engines in them unless they built up a number of V7II complete engines as spares.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2019, 11:51:24 AM »
You would think they would be putting V7III engines in them unless they built up a number of V7II complete engines as spares.

I doubt it's that simple.

I mean even if the Hemi head III fits the frame without trouble there are differences in the exhaust, electronics (the dash and presumably the ECM). I would think that would open up a whole new can of worms and increase costs even more.

That said, I'm both shocked and dismayed that they actually shipped a motor with the same problem. I mean, it might be one thing not to disassemble to the point where it can be checked once it is in a frame, but with the motor still sitting on a stand/bench/crate I would think you could do it more reasonably.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2019, 12:43:00 PM »
I really doubt they have a list or a range they know are affected. Otherwise you would not get a bad replacement. The only list is on the GT site and it's pretty broad of a range. They'll be out there just like Hydro's, Flatt tappets and oil pumps. Buyer beware.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2019, 01:17:05 PM »
I think the OP has every reason to be pissed.

I just want to warn him not ride a bike that might seize and toss him off!
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
Without a reliable list they would have to let it develope.  They would also have no idea how many spares they would need.  They may be doing all they can under the circumstances .
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »

I don't think there's a single person here who has said he shouldn't.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »

I just want to warn him not ride a bike that might seize and toss him off!

If this engine seizing resulting in injury to the rider is a real possibility then I hope people are reporting this to the government overseers who can force a recall on the company if they don't do voluntary recalls. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here