Author Topic: Travel Guzzi updates  (Read 7799 times)

Jeeron

Travel Guzzi updates
« on: January 12, 2015, 03:10:59 AM »
I thought to keep the updates of my little experiences a bit more central in here after my previous topic: http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=70605.0

Will post updates here when I have new thing on my "travel blog whatever thing" www.travelguzzi.com

Like this one http://www.travelguzzi.com/travel/finally-using-some-footage-from-my-camera/

which contains these two vids I just uploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVZ0KNssz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck5P8aQPEPw

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Travel Guzzi updates
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
               That was good Jeeron. Would have liked to have been there ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
Great video ;-T

I'm glad you are enjoying Godzone

Just watch out for  :+=copcar
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline dlapierre

• Gosling
    • Habitat Farm
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
And the wildlife. Dunno about there but narrow roads in grassy areas like that around here in BC tend to be crossing zones for deer and other small wildlife. Having been lucky on a few close encounters, and perhaps because of my age, I tend to be a bit slower on roads like that.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »

Jeeron

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 08:05:07 PM »
And the wildlife. Dunno about there but narrow roads in grassy areas like that around here in BC tend to be crossing zones for deer and other small wildlife. Having been lucky on a few close encounters, and perhaps because of my age, I tend to be a bit slower on roads like that.

Haven't seen much wildlife yet, but usually I ride a lot slower than that. And enjoy the surrounding a bit more. But every now and then it is fun to make full use of your baby  :bike

Jeeron

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 11:56:15 PM »
Little update from my side....

I`m now on a Working Holiday in NZ, expires March 16. My internship has finished and has been approved, all that is needed is do a resit of a test.... which is in june -_-. So...

Working during the week, trying to save some money and going to the South Island the 1st or 2nd of January. 14 days of travelling before I settle down in Christchurch till March 16. During that time I also want t spend my weekends to keep on exploring and such.

What happens the 16th of March? I should be on a plane towards Australia with a Working Holiday to stay at least a year in Ozzy. Current idea is to start in Sydney (know someone that I might be able to persuade to help me out a bit for starters :P). Take the year to work a bit and travel around en through Ozzy, I litteraly want to go around ozzy and straight through as well (yes I've heard distances are vast but we'll see that when I get there).

Hopefully I`ll be to get a working holiday for Canada as well and do that for a year or..... do 3 months on a farm to get 2 years in Ozzy. So far I`m really keen on staying on this side of the world but New Zealand at this point in my life isn't that place.

Woohoooo TRAVEL!!!!

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 12:06:45 AM »
 Cool  :bow:

Dusty

Offline TobyJug

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 12:14:04 AM »
" -- but New Zealand at this point in my life isn't that place. "  Well, for the next few months, neither is Canada!
2014 Norge GT 8V

Jeeron

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
It's been a while but travelling is on the list again. Happily jobless and homeless, just did ticked off 90 mile beach & Te Paki stream / Cape Reinga and highway 43 is coming this weekend or next week depending on weather. Then I`m grabbing the boat and it's hello South Island till March probably.

http://www.travelguzzi.com/

Currently working on some videos for YouTube as well. Looking forward to South Island, trip of a week or 2 / 3. Probably end up in Christchurch and work from there a bit.

Offline toolittletime

• Gosling
    • mysportgear.com
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 09:34:30 PM »
If you get to Christchurch, check out my favorite place

http://www.chateau-park.co.nz/.............loved it!!!

Tim
X-MSF Instructor
MGNOC 22710
12 Norge
2002 Cali EV
74 Eldorado

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 02:12:46 AM »
Jeeron,
           It looks like you are having fun over there, not sure about the rain along Lake Taupo though.
My Brother KiwiKev who you met has moved down to Taupo

You should run across a few Guzzi guys when you reach Christchurch I'm sure they'll show you the sights

I'll be over there myself in February, a friend and I'll be doing the grand tour of South then North riding an I'll be on an old red Brick my buddy Ross on an 84 Honda V4, we'll be tenting for a month so you might smell us coming.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Jeeron

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 03:47:31 AM »
More updates! More pictures. I`m now in Abel Tasman, Takaka to be precise. Tomorrow I want to go to Farewell spit and then I need to go back to Nelson to do some warranty stuff with Kathmandu -_-

www.travelguzzi.com

Offline Cross-tie Walker

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »
Nice Vids Jeeron

Is your cam (goPro?) mounted on your helmet? It looks very smooth. Also what editing system are you using?
Kevin in Seattle
'72 Eldo
'07 Vintage

Jeeron

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »
Nice Vids Jeeron

Is your cam (goPro?) mounted on your helmet? It looks very smooth. Also what editing system are you using?

Using a Drift Ghost S, which is a really nice camera which comes with an easy to use remote. But I`m getting annoyed by the amount of freezing it's doing every now and then.

Here is some raw footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQR3uwD8BT8 (Old man's range)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaOFe5qsj9I (Thompsons track)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu0huE5el-c (Meyers pass)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffFmF3-FhCI (Te paki stream)

things ticked off in NZ so far on the little V50:
90 Mile Beach & Te paki stream
Hakataramea pass
Danseys pass
Carricktown track
Nevis road
Hawksburn track
Thompsons track
Poolburn dam
Old womans and Old mans range
Dunstan trail
Lake Onslow
Moonlight road or whatever it;s called
Meyers pass road
Black line road

stuff I still want to do:
Molesworth track
Rainbow track
and some stuff I don't know about yet :p

The bike has had a very hard life, killed one of the shocks, killed my speedodrive, lost some bolts. But given that it's essentially a roadbike, it has done things I didn't expect it would do. Even the guys I was riding with who were on adventure/dirt/trail bikes thought I had to turn around at some points on some of the tracks but... The Guzzi didn't want t and just kept on going, be it slower than the others but with a lack of proper suspension that makes sense.

http://www.remotemoto.com/articles
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:39:12 PM by Jeeron »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 02:01:30 AM »
Hey Jeeron.
Golden Bay is where I was born and bred. The Takaka hill is one of my favourite rides. :bike-037: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Back in 2006 the Dutch Moto Guzzi club came out with two container loads of their bikes. One had a problem with his V11 Sport in Kaikoura, so we went down to see him. Talked him in to coming over to Golden Bay (we were living there at the time) and spent the weekend just touring the spots, including having a coffee at The Paddlecrab at Farewell Spit. We went to the Mussel Inn (you missed a treat if you did not call in there) for a meal on the Saturday night and Eric got somewhat tanked on the Golden Goose lager that they brew there. Later when he got back to Holland he emailed and said that the Golden Bay part was the highlight of his trip.

I love it there.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 05:55:16 AM »
 If you are still around the Nelson/Marlborough area, do pop out to Havelock, onto Queen Charlotte Dive, turn north at Linkwater onto Kenepuru Rd - there starts 42k of bitumen (with, it is said, 2,500 corners, a proper Guzzi road), followed by a gravel road winding right around Kenepuru Sound. The dirt part is said to be spectacular, but the 1100 Sport and I turned back at the end of the bitumen.- Absolutely stunning.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Jeeron

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 03:54:59 AM »
I've been home in NL for a good 1½ months now, flying back to NZ the 2nd of July. 1 week of Auckland, 1 week of Christchurch where I`ll prepare my bike for shipping to Sydney. 17th of July I`ll be flying out to Sydney myself and hopefully not long after that my bike will arrive. Want to do a couple of touristy things in Sydney before I get some work.

Any tips for in and around Sydney would be much appreciated, what to see, what to do, what to eat. Where to stay (cheap) and where they might to have an addition to their workforce ^^.

Enjoy :D

Here is some more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JArnO1WtEnA

And some overdue updates (more are in the works)

http://www.travelguzzi.com/travel/what-happened-since-kayaking-overdue-update-1/
http://www.travelguzzi.com/travel/paradise-dont-you-mean-hell-overdue-update-2/
http://www.travelguzzi.com/travel/skipping-milford-sound-who-needs-to-see-that-place-anyway-overdue-update-3/

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 11:36:14 PM »
The Sydney Explorer buses are a good intro to the city - pay once, then drop off & pick up anywhere along the route at places of interest - red with an open air double deck. There's the Bridge.Walk, but it's expensive - dawn is best, sunset next best. There.s bound to be harbour trips around, other than the ferries going all over. The Guzzi club meets every second Tuesday of the month at The Friend in Hand hotel, Cowper St, Glebe at around 7pm. Lots of info about local & not so local riding. We'll get in touch again closer to your arrival to see what else you need - mid July is the earliest my cousin and I are expected back in Sydney, but something can be arranged.

Mal - replacing the rear tyre in Mackay.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Jeeron

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 04:41:03 AM »
The Sydney Explorer buses are a good intro to the city - pay once, then drop off & pick up anywhere along the route at places of interest - red with an open air double deck. There's the Bridge.Walk, but it's expensive - dawn is best, sunset next best. There.s bound to be harbour trips around, other than the ferries going all over. The Guzzi club meets every second Tuesday of the month at The Friend in Hand hotel, Cowper St, Glebe at around 7pm. Lots of info about local & not so local riding. We'll get in touch again closer to your arrival to see what else you need - mid July is the earliest my cousin and I are expected back in Sydney, but something can be arranged.

Mal - replacing the rear tyre in Mackay.

Cheers Mal!!

Probably do 1 of those week courses outback farming thingies early August before heading out and actually working on a farm (want to have that experience). I`ll most definitely come and say hi to the Guzzi guys that 2nd Tuesday with or without my bike.

I`m in no real hurry anyway, want to save some money at the start by working and not spending to much. Then just go and travel all over the place, need to get to Perth at one point to meet up with the owner of an Irish pub there (met him in Nelson and asked me to come over). So I`ll do quite a bit of riding. Going from my experience in NZ, spending money on riding around beats doing most of the expensive tourist stuff. But, some of that tourist stuff is well worth it! So your tips are now in my little notebook :D.

----

Latest update to my site

Leaving Christchurch and bikers don't help each other anymore :O? (overdue Update 4)

So I spent a nice week in Christchurch enjoying the weather and the occasional rain but luckily not that much. Couch surfing at my mates place, someone I flatted with in Groningen for a while who's now helping in the Christchurch rebuild. Somewhere that week we went surfing (my first time ever) for only about 30 minutes, but the very last wave I was able to stand on the board, be confused and fall off in about 3 seconds. Felt good, want to do it again :O (didn't happen though)

Came across someone that mentioned the New Zealand bike-week was happening, sounded big, sounded like it could be fun so I wanted to go. That meant, getting my ass over to Bannockburn. The moment I wanted to leave it started raining -_-, so I went back in made a coffee and thought about whether or not to go, my mate rang and assumed I'd stay for one more day. Lucky for me, shortly after that call the rain stopped so I grabbed my gear and rode towards Tekapo........[read more]

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 05:03:49 AM »
Very good pics Jeeron, thankyou and in my uneducated opinion you have a very good camera but you know what? They all look a bit dull, as if the light was not very bright: again in my uneducated opinion. Funny that :huh: OTOH, I have had a bit of red tonight :grin:
Oz
04 Cali

Jeeron

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 07:03:27 AM »
thank you! The pictures were taken using either:

Drift Ghost S
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony A58 DSLR

Could make the pictures more vibrant....

versus

Personally I don't like it, it's not what I saw when I was there. Feel like I`m doing what tabloids are doing with the ridiculous amounts of Photoshop they use. I`m not travelling to make stuff prettier than they are, if there's a shit day you'll see a shit day :P. If it's cloudy it's cloudy and if its sunny...

looks more vibrant but no photoshopping whatsoever. There's of course also a differen between the camera used.

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 08:03:57 AM »
Great to see this being put up on WG Jay.  And look! I get a mention in the March 2016. I'll be famous!

Seriously, I was honoured to have you grace my hovel, even if I was a bit off the planet at the time.

Liked this Vid the best.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JArnO1WtEnA

Does perchance Bentley still accompany you?
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Jeeron

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 08:21:54 AM »
Aye, Bentley is waiting for my return in Auckland, giving it a shot bringing Bentley along to Australia  :grin:

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »
Aye, Bentley is waiting for my return in Auckland, giving it a shot bringing Bentley along to Australia  :grin:

He is not considered biological so you wouldn't have to declare him. Just  part of your tool kit :grin:
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Jeeron

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 06:22:19 PM »
Number 5 is here - The Bannockburn Bikeweek

http://www.travelguzzi.com/bannockburn-bikeweek-overdue-update-5/

So the first day of Bannockburn, the 31st of January, my birthday. Was invited to ride along with a bunch to do the Carrick town track. No experience on anything other than nice flat gravel, I thought �what could possibly go wrong� as I do quite often. Well�. my brain not being able to cope with what needs to be done is what can go wrong. I felt like riding for the very first time, my bike wanted to move in all sorts of directions and ways that I (being a road rider) didn�t really want it to go although I`m fully aware of the �the bike will find it�s own way� rule. This was so far outside of my comfort zone that my brain[.......]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:25:49 PM by Jeeron »

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 07:24:06 PM »
Interesting trophy, Jeeron. Thanks for posting. You have many tales to tell :grin: :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here