Author Topic: Is there such a thing as gas station etiquette?  (Read 8719 times)

Offline Tony H.

• New Egg
Re: Is there such a thing as gas station etiquette?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »
At SAMS CLUB in Wichita Ks. we have a traffic directer with one way arrows. When i'm bored i pull in the wrong way. LMAO

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 10:57:04 AM »
Regarding the OP solely.

There used to be a guy occupying my skin who while rarely looking for trouble, seldom did he turn away from it either, and often, upon recognizing discountenance, would rush head-long towards it.

Much of this would have been the casting of my own inner "Politenessman's" steel hanky of retribution. Which is to say: You don't get to act that way without a commensurate reaction. This, much to the Ol' Man's credit though his temperance was greater.

Anyhow, my acting as decorum's own avenger has waned considerably over the years though individual circumstances (as recently as yesterday in a flagrant disregard for etiquette at the dump) will elicit a revisit of aggressive do-goodery. I put this calmer, more contemplative reaction to ass-hatedness down not so much to the calming influences of aging as it doubtless mellowed the Ol' Man... me, I put it down to several interactions with reality TV wannabees and seeing in their eyes that I'm closing with chemically enhanced crazy, lazy, stupid and/or aggressive.

Or, these days, seeing a reaction like the OP's, I'm more likely to count three and blast a "Good morning" or other intercoures displacer as appropriate.

Or simpler... They'se all doped up and I ain't really in their world. Arguing with crazy, prescription med or otherwise, is generally fruitless and articularly self-lowering.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »
The passive defensive is the best way.  Pull your phone out and take a picture.  If you have one.  Ignoring him is the other way.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here