Author Topic: Beautiful V7 special on ebay......seems like a lot of V7s for sale now???  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V7-Special-Edition-/151679518159

I just did the regrettable.....sol d my Bassa.  :o Nothing wrong with it and it always put a smile on my face when I rode it......but I just have the urge to get something new/different. The V7 is on the short list and maybe it is just because I have been looking but I sure seem to see a lot of newer V7s for sale. Maybe just a numbers thing.....I have read here that the V7 is Guzzis biggest seller so there are more used ones for sale or people wanting the V7 II or I am not the only one who has some mental disorder that makes them sell a great bike just to get something different.  ???
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
I'm sure it's due to the new V7 II being introduced.  Gotta have the latest and greatest.  Remember how many 4 valve Grisos and Norges were practically given away when the 8V appeared?
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
The more they sell, the more you'll see available....

No regrets here.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
I'm sure it's due to the new V7 II being introduced.  Gotta have the latest and greatest.  Remember how many 4 valve Grisos and Norges were practically given away when the 8V appeared?

From what I have read there does not seem to be that much difference even with the new 6 speed. Not enough to make me want to spend more to get one. I think the steel tank, single TB version would be just fine.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Wildguzzi.com

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
Re:
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
The more the sell, the more you'll see available....

No regrets here.

Kinda my thoughts. But still if you look at the classifieds here there are 3 available and at least a couple on eBay. Much more than any other Guzzi model........again most likely due to it being the biggest seller.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
Caffeino,
     The V7 line is 50% of total Guzzi production these days so that, in and of itself, should put more bikes up for sale.  The retro look is very popular for a reentry rider.  Buy the bike thinking that it looks cool and reminds you of the XYZ you had 'back in the day'.  A couple years later you decide to get a bigger bike or decide that bike riding just ain't the thing you thought it would be.  The bike is now for sale.  There are countless stories of extremely low mileage bikes being sold..just because.  Yesterday I heard of a low mileage Griso that went for stupid low money only because the seller did not want to mess with selling it.  The same day I was told of a '15 KLR with under 600 miles that went for $4K with hard bags.  Crazy!  A slightly used V7 will be a lot of bike for the money.

Peter Y.

Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Caffeino,
     The V7 line is 50% of total Guzzi production these days so that, in and of itself, should put more bikes up for sale.  The retro look is very popular for a reentry rider.  Buy the bike thinking that it looks cool and reminds you of the XYZ you had 'back in the day'.  A couple years later you decide to get a bigger bike or decide that bike riding just ain't the thing you thought it would be.  The bike is now for sale.  There are countless stories of extremely low mileage bikes being sold..just because.  Yesterday I heard of a low mileage Griso that went for stupid low money only because the seller did not want to mess with selling it.  The same day I was told of a '15 KLR with under 600 miles that went for $4K with hard bags.  Crazy!  A slightly used V7 will be a lot of bike for the money.

Peter Y.

All true - and we'll have a different kind of thread when someone is SELLING one .... who paid $8000 for it new just last year, and now is just amazed, disappointed, and furious that he's got it up for sale for $7,500, it's not selling, and he's regretfully told by the board that he'll be lucky to get $5,000 for it .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline tiger_one

• Learning about Guzzi
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Push Mountain
    • justjean
Too heavy to push around the garage he says.  Hell, at 87, I will be glad to be able to walk around the garage.  LOL

I may not be old enough to get a V7!   :bow
14 KTM 1190 Adv

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
Caffeino,
     The V7 line is 50% of total Guzzi production these days so that, in and of itself, should put more bikes up for sale.  The retro look is very popular for a reentry rider.  Buy the bike thinking that it looks cool and reminds you of the XYZ you had 'back in the day'.  A couple years later you decide to get a bigger bike or decide that bike riding just ain't the thing you thought it would be.  The bike is now for sale.  There are countless stories of extremely low mileage bikes being sold..just because.  Yesterday I heard of a low mileage Griso that went for stupid low money only because the seller did not want to mess with selling it.  The same day I was told of a '15 KLR with under 600 miles that went for $4K with hard bags.  Crazy!  A slightly used V7 will be a lot of bike for the money.

Peter Y.

Wow I did not think the V7s were 50% of all Guzzis made.  :o Glad to see they have a hit.

All true - and we'll have a different kind of thread when someone is SELLING one .... who paid $8000 for it new just last year, and now is just amazed, disappointed, and furious that he's got it up for sale for $7,500, it's not selling, and he's regretfully told by the board that he'll be lucky to get $5,000 for it .....

Lannis

Where can I get me one of these year old V7s for 5K? That would be a deal I just could not pass up.  :bike
So far all the 1-2 year old V7s I see are 6K+. Does not mean they sell for that but that seems to be the bottom advertised limit.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:54:00 PM by Caffeineo »
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
People get bored with the lack of performance. What seems logical, sense able and adequate also turns boring after a fairly short time. I'll bet most are moving onto something with more GO.
ciao
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
People get bored with the lack of performance. What seems logical, sense able and adequate also turns boring after a fairly short time. I'll bet most are moving onto something with more GO.
ciao
Then again you see plenty of bikes with that go for sale too...

... People just plain GET BORED.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline tiger_one

• Learning about Guzzi
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Push Mountain
    • justjean
Has a lot to do with how you are riding lately or not.  Going for breakfast in town, or running for lunch in another city, or going for supper in another state.

With each progression of distance up goes the comfort of the seat requirement then the wind protection, not to even mention rain the whole way on the way home along with 15 degree temp drop!
14 KTM 1190 Adv

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
Then again you see plenty of bikes with that go for sale too...

... People just plain GET BORED.

I wasn't bored with the Bassa. But after riding my Husaberg FE501 I really appreciated the performance....then seeing a Ducati Scrambler video made me want one and start thinking about it....the very next day I get a call from a CL ad a year old when I thought I would keep the Stelvio and sell the Bassa but kept the Bassa as I really like it......but it was too late. The new bike seed had been planted. FWIW I have had the Bassa for 3 years and every other bike has averaged less than 1 year.

Has a lot to do with how you are riding lately or not.  Going for breakfast in town, or running for lunch in another city, or going for supper in another state.

With each progression of distance up goes the comfort of the seat requirement then the wind protection, not to even mention rain the whole way on the way home along with 15 degree temp drop!

I won't need to worry about rain or cold.......being a fair weather rider.  ;D 99% of my rides will be to the post office. A 10 mile round trip that the Bassa did great on. But that darn gotta get a new/different bike seed/bug just got into me and the only fix is to change bikes. So looking for a newer Guzzi and the V7 really fits my "needs". Noticed there seemed to be a lot for sale and here we are........ ::)
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
I wasn't bored with the Bassa.

Really? Could have fooled me:

I just did the regrettable.....sol d my Bassa.  :o Nothing wrong with it and it always put a smile on my face when I rode it......but I just have the urge to get something new/different.

That's pretty much bored... ;)
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
99% of your rides are a 10 mile round trip to the post office?

Get a bicycle.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

lucydad

Tend to agree, once again with Kev.  Riders seek new experiences.  The small blocks are superb machines.

Yet, the new Trumpet really blows my mind every time I get on it.  Riding both has improved my skills, and keeps the entertainment factor high.

V7 is like a Ski Doo TNT 399.  Pretty and predictable and great for scooting around and weenie roasts and goes and goes.

STRX is like a Ski Doo Blizzard free air 797, with pipes, and methanol.  Open the throttle, listen to the scream, and hold on, and don't screw up.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Don't get me wrong Caffe, I'm not being critical of you. As a matter of fact, until my Jackal I usually got rid of a bike as quickly as you, even if I liked it, cause I had a wandering eye.

The fact that I kept my Jackal almost 10 years was a miracle, and our current Harley at 8 is more than double the years of any other Harley even if only 1/3 of the miles.

But maybe I'm entering a new phase of my life where I don't just piss away money on new bikes every other year.... MAYBE ;)
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
99% of your rides are a 10 mile round trip to the post office?

Get a bicycle.

You are way overestimating my desire to exercise.  ;D

Tend to agree, once again with Kev.  Riders seek new experiences.  The small blocks are superb machines.

Yet, the new Trumpet really blows my mind every time I get on it.  Riding both has improved my skills, and keeps the entertainment factor high.

V7 is like a Ski Doo TNT 399.  Pretty and predictable and great for scooting around and weenie roasts and goes and goes.

STRX is like a Ski Doo Blizzard free air 797, with pipes, and methanol.  Open the throttle, listen to the scream, and hold on, and don't screw up.

Yes, it is that new experience that comes from a new and different bike that I am after. I do admire people who can keep the same bike/car/toys for ....3-4-5.....years.  :bow  That's just not me.....yet.

Don't get me wrong Caffe, I'm not being critical of you. As a matter of fact, until my Jackal I usually got rid of a bike as quickly as you, even if I liked it, cause I had a wandering eye.

The fact that I kept my Jackal almost 10 years was a miracle, and our current Harley at 8 is more than double the years of any other Harley even if only 1/3 of the miles.

But maybe I'm entering a new phase of my life where I don't just piss away money on new bikes every other year.... MAYBE ;)

Ya know I really wish I could pick one bike and stick with it as I too feel like I am pissing away $$$$$$ (that should be saved) on bike swapping. But the manufacturers keep coming out with such cool new bikes.....my will power is not strong enough to resist the temptation......yet .  :D
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
When I buy a bike/scooter, it's not for an overnight affair, it's for a long term relationship.  Been that way since my 20s.  I only changed bikes if my real needs weren't met anymore.  Real needs being economy, touring capabilities, weight of my bike as my body strength changes. Guess I'm an old hangeron now.  I'm sure Moto Guzzi prefers those that want something new every few years.  :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:56:55 AM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
Hello, my name is Mike and I am a bike whore.....
After I have been with a bike for a while and know just how it will respond to my throttle, brake and steering inputs my eye begins to wander. Sometimes after a few months and sometimes after a few years. Just like ladies when I was a young man.  ~; Even if I was happy with her performance, running good and never left me stranded way out on a dark road.....I just long for something different after a while. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here