Author Topic: I got a new 2021 Road Glide limited  (Read 3489 times)

Offline guzzi771

• Gosling
I got a new 2021 Road Glide limited
« on: July 19, 2021, 07:03:36 PM »
Sadly I traded in a 2016 MG Norge ,2017 MG Special and a Yamaha R3 . The RG is a great touring bike but I wish I had not done that deal . Any tips or advice on the RG would help , I still have my 2018 MG Carbon Shine so I'm down to 2 bikes .

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I got a new 2021 Road Glide limited
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 07:10:34 PM »
Why the regret?

And what kind of advice do you need? What issues or questions do you have about the Glide?
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline guzzi771

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 07:18:53 PM »
Why the regret?

And what kind of advice do you need? What issues or questions do you have about the Glide?
                                             Way too much money and giving up 3 great bike is my biggest regret. Any issues I should be aware of .

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 07:55:29 PM »
Doesn't seem reGERTable to me <shurg> :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 07:55:29 PM »

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 08:10:31 PM »
Sadly I traded in a 2016 MG Norge ,2017 MG Special and a Yamaha R3 . The RG is a great touring bike but I wish I had not done that deal . Any tips or advice on the RG would help , I still have my 2018 MG Carbon Shine so I'm down to 2 bikes .

Congrats.  Come and join www.roadglide.org.  A road glide specific forum with a lot of great guys, and they actually don't complain when I post Moto Guzzi photos and ride reports over there.   :thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline guzzi771

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 08:17:11 PM »
Thanks , I already joined !

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 08:55:08 PM »
                                             Way too much money and giving up 3 great bike is my biggest regret. Any issues I should be aware of .

Well having lived the past few years with two primary rides being an FLH and a Guzzi smallblock, I think that's a solid combo.

I can't otherwise address regrets but to say life is too short for them and these are only things you can certainly change it back again if need be

I'm not aware of any specific concerns for the RG but sounds like you have a potential source for that info.

I'll just add that one of the most simple but enjoyable/useful additions I made to my RK are the saddlebag guard bags. Each holds some useful road stuff and has a water bottle holder. The latter I find super useful all the time.

Good luck and have fun
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »
I had a Road Glide Ultra for several years.  I loved it and would still be riding it,  but it became to damn heavy for me to deal with as I got older.  Now I think, as good as they are, Harleys are just crazy expensive ...prices are out of sight. Makes BMW's look cheap.  Still, if you can part with the money without wincing, why not.  Hope you plan on taking some long highway trips on the bike...that's really what the bike is made for.  Too big, heavy and expensive just to be a bar-hopper.   
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:59:01 PM by Motormike »

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 09:10:57 PM »

Don't regret it.  You may end up loving the RG and forget the others.  If not, you can still buy the bikes you traded on the used market or something new and better.

Congrats.  Come and join www.roadglide.org.  A road glide specific forum with a lot of great guys, and they actually don't complain when I post Moto Guzzi photos and ride reports over there.   :thumb:

I've noticed this on WG.  No one seems to care about ride reports which is weird, because that is what I care more about.  I want to see where people are riding their scoots.
Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »
very confusing  post
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 09:34:54 PM »
There are at least 4 ride reports running on WG currently .

The simple fact is , most everyone here has been riding since before tires were round , specs and performance figures don't mean much . Hell , Smithswede just got back from a 1700 mile road trip on a V7 and doesn't even think it is worth mentioning .

Dusty, I'm even more confused. 

We need to get another ride to your side of the state and get Rudy and Michael D.  Let's see Rudy's new ride.  So far as trading all the bikes for a Harley and regretting it, well, not in my understanding. 

I'd say, enjoy the new bike and don't look back.    :bike-037:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 10:13:15 PM »
I traded 3 bikes with a total of 100,000 miles on them for my first Harley Road Glide Ultra.  Definitely no regrets.  The Road Glide is a mile eater and can still handle curvy roads well if your not afraid to lean it over.  Now, tight esses can be a workout. 

The Roadglide forum is a mix of guys from all walks and range from Harley only, to guys who own many brands of bikes.  They definitely don't rag on other brands, or even their brand of choice as much as the curmudgeons on this forum do.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2021, 10:31:25 PM »
I only traded a motorcycle once and immediately regretted it. A client who owned a Harley dealership paid me with a new 09 XR1200. It was gorgeous but I had too many bikes and hadn’t registered it in three years so I traded it with 44 miles on a used Goldwing. My wife hated the Wing and I wished I had given the XR a chance. It was pretty. Not worth worrying about though. I think a new Road Glide is definitely something to try out.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2021, 10:36:22 PM »
I traded in three bikes to get my current bike and it turned out to be the best motorcycle transaction I ever had. All the best to you with the RG. They’re wonderful motorcycles and the easiest brand, by far, to own.

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 04:41:00 AM »
You'll enjoy it for sure, though Harley's are as common as cockroaches around here. Guess that's one of my attractions to Guzzi's..
Here's my Street Glide. Beautiful, with flawless fuel delivery  from the injectors (can't say THAT about too many Guzzi's  :boozing:)

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 08:22:37 AM »
Congratulations...and you should have "ZERO" regrets about buying and riding a 2021 Road Glide....They are a fine, reliable, comfortable, open highway / touring machine!! :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :smiley: :wink:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 10:42:54 AM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline motogoro

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 09:36:53 AM »
This thread is not helping me. 

I'm considering a bigger two up tourer.  Looked online at the Indian Challenger Limited yesterday.

Helen thinks the CalVin is just fine. 

The H-D Ultra Limited fits us better, in my opinion. 

Hard to justify a large barge if it doesn't get used much. 

So many parts to this decision puzzle for a cheap Guzzi guy like me LOL
Steve M. in SE WI
WMGR 193
MGNOC L-553

Offline Tiki Joe

• New Egg
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 09:50:32 AM »
2 must does...cut out the catalytic converter & replace the wind screen.  The cat puts out ridiculous heat and head buffeting is unbearable with the stock wind deflector.
Here's mine hiding behind the 2 Italian ladies...

1997 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100
1993 Ducati Superlight
2015 Harley Road Glide Special
2015 Harley Road King

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 10:34:26 AM »
You'll enjoy it for sure, though Harley's are as common as cockroaches around here. Guess that's one of my attractions to Guzzi's..
Here's my Street Glide. Beautiful, with flawless fuel delivery  from the injectors (can't say THAT about too many Guzzi's  :boozing:)

Taz...as long as we're talking Harley's...I'd forgotten you had the Street Glide.  How does it ride with the shortened suspension?  The reason I'm asking is I've been wondering about getting a Electra Glide Low or Ultra Limited Low, which as I understand, has the same suspension as the stock Street Glide.  Not much travel left in those shocks, I'd be afraid it would ride like a buckboard. 

Offline SemperVee

• My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 10:52:09 AM »
Being EX 14 HD bikes let me make some recommendations. I have a love/hate relationship with the 14 HD's I owned.   I would have the HD Race tuner installed to tune it a bit richer to keep that horrible thigh burning heat on the right side of the bike from broiling your right thigh.  That silly piece of plastic and turning off the rear cylinder momentarily will not be enough.  Windshield turbulence is something else you may well have that will take time to sort out.
CAM CHAIN issues and clutch issues.  You can google or youtube those for hours.    Good luck. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 10:54:15 AM by SemperVee »
2007 MG Norge - Hi Ho Silver! - La Dolce Vita
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »
Taz...as long as we're talking Harley's...I'd forgotten you had the Street Glide.  How does it ride with the shortened suspension?  The reason I'm asking is I've been wondering about getting a Electra Glide Low or Ultra Limited Low, which as I understand, has the same suspension as the stock Street Glide.  Not much travel left in those shocks, I'd be afraid it would ride like a buckboard.

You can always put longer stroke shocks with offset blocks to keep the seat height low.  Plus the reach seat or low tour solo sits you even lower.

I put longer stroke Ohlin's on my road glide.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 12:26:24 PM »
CAM CHAIN issues and clutch issues.  You can google or youtube those for hours.    Good luck.

It's an M8, not a twin cam.

Kev

PS - maybe the lack of fairing on my RK, plus the Police seat = no heat problems or desire to retune or drop the cat.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 12:49:48 PM »
Just to drive in the buyer's remorse stake a bit deeper.   :laugh: 

I had both a 2015 Norge GT8V and a 2014 Ultra Limited for a number of years.   I always felt it was redundant to have 2 long distance highway mounts.  I deliberated for 5 years regarding which one should go, and which one should stay.   Once I was finally able to take the Norge on some proper long distance rides it really rose above the Ultra Limited in my view (and I am a long time HD lover, still am).  The Norge is like a land cruise missile compared to the Limited, although the Limited had a bit more in the creature comfort department.  Once it became completely obvious which one I preferred the the decision to sell the Limited was pain free. 

I am sure  the M8 Road Glide will be a fine bike for you!  It should be quite bulletproof.  Congratulations. 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »
Stock air shocks at 2" travel with 2 up = no joy for us.
Installed Progressive Coil Shocks that provide 3" of travel.
Night and day difference  :thumb:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2021, 03:54:31 PM »
Unfortunately, longer shocks defeat the whole purpose of the exercise, which is to get more bend in my knees so I can move a 900 lbs bike around a bit easier. 

You can always put longer stroke shocks with offset blocks to keep the seat height low.  Plus the reach seat or low tour solo sits you even lower.
I put longer stroke Ohlin's on my road glide.
Those Pingle offset blocks are a disaster.  When I bought the Road Glide used, I could not for the life of me figure out why it handled so funny (wide in the turns, oversteer, call it what you want) and every time I'd hit a sizable bump, there was a tremendous "burrrr" shudder and vibration from the rear of the bike. It felt and sounded like the belt rubbing on the swing-arm. Definitely not normal.  One day I pulled the saddlebags off as I was washing the bike and saw the Pingle lowering blocks..FTF are these things? Pulled them off and put the rear shocks back where they belonged.  The handling issues went away and no more vibration every time I hit a bump.  I found the idea that you could drop the rear of a bike and not do anything to the front end laughable. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:56:08 PM by Motormike »

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 04:38:58 PM »
Unfortunately, longer shocks defeat the whole purpose of the exercise, which is to get more bend in my knees so I can move a 900 lbs bike around a bit easier. 
Those Pingle offset blocks are a disaster.  When I bought the Road Glide used, I could not for the life of me figure out why it handled so funny (wide in the turns, oversteer, call it what you want) and every time I'd hit a sizable bump, there was a tremendous "burrrr" shudder and vibration from the rear of the bike. It felt and sounded like the belt rubbing on the swing-arm. Definitely not normal.  One day I pulled the saddlebags off as I was washing the bike and saw the Pingle lowering blocks..FTF are these things? Pulled them off and put the rear shocks back where they belonged.  The handling issues went away and no more vibration every time I hit a bump.  I found the idea that you could drop the rear of a bike and not do anything to the front end laughable.

Well then my friend, here's a thought.
Drink more of that koolaid!!!
Eventually it won't matter how much it weighs, how it handles, or how much noise it makes.  :afro:

...just havin' fun with ya.. :grin:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Online twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 06:40:38 PM »

If you want to come my way one day you can try out my road glide with the 13 inch Ohlins.  Since they have more travel, they also have more sag so the net result is maybe a 3rd of an inch difference.  The ride is night and day.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2021, 07:36:00 PM »
very confusing  post

No kidding. Not sure if its buyer's remorse or if he's pandering to the group to make him feel better.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 07:38:50 PM »
2 must does...cut out the catalytic converter & replace the wind screen.  The cat puts out ridiculous heat and head buffeting is unbearable with the stock wind deflector.
Here's mine hiding behind the 2 Italian ladies...

That is two nice Harley you have there.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline rschrum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
My condolences.
15 GRISO
00 ZX12r
07 Tuono Factory
01 ZRX 1200R
19 Monster 1200R
2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R
08 Ducati s4rs Tricolore
22 Indian FTR Championship
Central Iowa

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here