Author Topic: Utah Guzzi Get Together!!!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
Utah Guzzi Get Together!!!
« on: May 23, 2023, 02:45:55 PM »
Gentlemen, and certainly any Ladies who may be interested.  I am putting the finishing touches on our every other year gathering here in Utah.

I apologize for not getting this up sooner. 

It will begin on Thursday, Sept. 7th and go through Sunday, Sept. 10th.  We will be basing out of the magnificent Torrey, Utah area.  I am finalizing the campground accommodations and hope to have it handled by the end of the month.

We will take a ride on the incredible Hwy 12, across the Hogback into Escalante.  I have a loop planned out of approx 240 miles.  There will be places to stop for fuel and food. 

The other ride is a twisty shorter ride of about 140 or so miles, with majestic scenery and opportunities to see some of Utah most people drive right by.

There are several eating options in Torrey and the surrounding area. I plan on hosting dinner at my camp on Saturday night so a guestimate head count would be helpful.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Roy

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Utah Guzzi Get Together!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 05:45:22 PM »
Very interesting!

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:30:17 PM »
 :bike-037:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 05:44:08 PM »
Alright, I have some things nailed down.

We will use the Thousand Lakes RV Park as our hub.  It has hook-ups available for RV's as well as tent accommodations.  As of this moment there are 5 tent sites which can accommodate 2 tents each.
My advice would be to go ahead and reserve one ASAP, and let others know through here if there's an opportunity to share your spot.
There are "camping cabins" also, however at this time there are none available for Friday night. This may change as the group coming through may release some of them.

There are other places available with cabins, and they are relatively close. 

The campground has a BBQ restaurant that seems pretty highly rated, perhaps have dinner there Friday night.

The website for the campground is www.thousandlakesrv park.com  The phone number is 435-425-3500.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 05:44:08 PM »

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 05:50:04 PM »

dice swf

Area photos taken today....

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 09:42:04 PM »
Will have to keep this in mind. Now that I live just east of ABQ that would be an easy and beautiful ride. Two weeks later I need to be in KS. Would be a motel type of person.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 10:41:05 AM »
John, there are several hotel/motels in the area.  The Skyview is next door to the campground and they have Yurts (sp) as well as rooms.  The Days Inn looks like one of the more modest choices and there are also some pretty spendy places if that's your inclination.  I hope you can make it, there's a pretty awesome core of guys that come and new awesome guys are always welcome!

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 11:27:38 AM »
I stayed at the Broken Spur Inn years ago, when it was called something else.

https://brokenspurinn.com/

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kaladin

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 10:55:18 AM »
I'm interested.  Though it is tough for me to plan ahead that far.
First you look where it should be, then you look where it might be, then you look where it won't be, then you look where it mustn't be.  And when you find it you discover "that's where it should have been."
2007 Norge
2000 BMW R1150GS
2003 Jaguar XKR

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023, 12:50:28 PM »
Got it on the schedule, hopefully we'll be seeing you all there.

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 04:23:57 PM »
I marked the date and hope to see you there.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2023, 02:06:30 PM »
Thanks Seth and Mike.  I spoke with Dave "the bear whisperer" and he is planning on coming also. 

Kaladin, hope to see you there. It's a great group of folks and we can talk 20+ yr old British sports cars....I have a 2000 XK-8 convertible.

Offline Kaladin

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 05:23:24 PM »
Yes, I'd love to ride the hogback on Hwy 12 again, and I have a friend in Paradise that I'd like to drop in on.
First you look where it should be, then you look where it might be, then you look where it won't be, then you look where it mustn't be.  And when you find it you discover "that's where it should have been."
2007 Norge
2000 BMW R1150GS
2003 Jaguar XKR

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 05:20:22 PM »
Reservations made. Michelle made them from Norway today!!

Offline tntut1

• 2016 Stornello
  • New Egg
  • 2016 Stornello
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2023, 05:23:44 PM »
Thanks for your efforts to arrange this ride which should be filled with great scenery and twisty roads.  It's on my calendar!

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 05:58:33 PM »
Thanks Seth and Mike.  I spoke with Dave "the bear whisperer" and he is planning on coming also. 

Kaladin, hope to see you there. It's a great group of folks and we can talk 20+ yr old British sports cars....I have a 2000 XK-8 convertible.

British sports cars.   :thumb:  Loads of fun.  Had a number of them. 

Checking calendar.   :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2023, 06:39:10 PM »
Well I hope it fits into your plans. This group of folks has been fantastic to hang out and ride with.

I don't know if the Triumph Testarossa has is a bike or a car, but regardless he has a lot of experience on this rock hurtling through space and time.

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2023, 01:19:26 PM »
I don't know if the Triumph Testarossa has is a bike or a car, but regardless he has a lot of experience on this rock hurtling through space and time.

In 1971 I sold my Harley (Aermacchi) Sprint and bought a well-used '64 Triumph TR4, one of the early cars with the TR3 front suspension. I drove it cross country, from Ohio to the Tetons, the Wasatch and Colorado high country, back to the East Coast, back to Colorado for a winter in Steamboat, and had many exciting mechanical adventures and a few electrical excitements, too. The car died of iron oxide poisoning after I moved to Manhattan in '73.

The current Triumph is a 1970 TR6R, which I rebuilt eight years ago after it had rusted in a San Francisco cellar for some decades.

The Testarossa, however, is an 850T which I married in 1983 and have rebuilt twice. I'll probably come to Utah on the Mille.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 01:20:55 PM by Testarossa »
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2023, 01:26:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing!  I just got back from a trip to Southern California on the Stelvio.  It never ceases to amaze me how good that bike is out on the open road.

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2023, 05:32:59 PM »
Is anyone having problems booking accommodations for this? Just want to make sure you know there are options available if Thousand Lakes fills up.

Offline Kaladin

• Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2023, 04:49:51 PM »
What days are the rides?
thanks
k
2007 Norge
2000 BMW R1150GS
2003 Jaguar XKR

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2023, 10:25:27 AM »
Ahh, yes. I still recall the MG rally in Panguwich, 2000. Did I spell it correctly? I had emailed and called ahead to ask if I could show up in a rental car. WOW!!!The fellow running the gathering loaned a Le Mans to me, A friend rode up from Phoenix. I had FedX'd my gear from MA.

The local firemen made individual clay pots of stew, for a significant group. The only Guzzi I had at the time (still with me), is the Daytona +6 more (1 Le Mans, 3 V65, Gilera RS125. I bought a used SV650S for the ride home.  Big fun. Thanx for the memories. 2 Bunn Burner Golds got me home quickly. Good Fortune - Keep Safe.   R3~ 

Offline Kaladin

• Hatchling
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 10:39:43 AM »
I'd like to know the schedule so I can make my registrations.
2007 Norge
2000 BMW R1150GS
2003 Jaguar XKR

Offline RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2023, 12:57:42 PM »

Go to the top of this topic and re-read the first and fourth posts and you will find guidance, Grasshopper. Utrider spells it out pretty well.

Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2023, 02:57:35 PM »
I just spoke with the campground, they mentioned there were still a couple of tent sites available.  We are getting closer! 

Kaladin, we will be kickstands up around 10 am on Friday for the ride over Hwy 12.  I have a route planned out, but depending on the desires of the group we can "adjust" as needed   :laugh:.

Saturdays, ride will begun approx same time, this ride will be pretty tight and twisty, with a very modest pace and opportunity for some nice scenery. 

Rink Rat, thanks for the backup!  Hope to see you there!

Cheers, ya-all

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2023, 06:48:33 PM »
3 weeks or so to go!  Looking forward to seeing everyone. Just got back from a quick trip to Pueblo West to see my sister who lives there. Hwy 50 to 139, light traffic and nice roads.

Offline michaell32

• New Egg
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2023, 02:16:26 PM »
I know I can take the saturday off but I am not sure about Friday so I wont make any reservations yet.  I live in Salt Lake City so it wouldn't be hard for me to join the ride on Saturday.

Offline skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2023, 02:43:54 PM »
I just made my reservation at the campground. However, I will be there Tuesday the 5th to Friday the 8th so no Saturday ride for me. (I have to work around my wife's schedule on this one). For anyone planning on showing up I will be doing my usual caveman style steak in the campfire dinner every night like I demonstrated to the group last year in Ouray. For the three nights I booked for the campground showed eight tent spots available.

Skippy
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:46:00 PM by skippy »
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2023, 02:25:29 PM »
Michael32 and Skippy, great to see you can at least get to enjoy some of the experience!

We are 10 days out, the weather here is cooling off over the next few days, mid-70's and 80's.  So, basically perfect.

Long term weather is just a guess so I won't be  bothered with that yet.

I may do a dry run on the Saturday route this Saturday, just to be sure the roads are in good shape.

Roy

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2023, 08:14:05 AM »
3 weeks or so to go!  Looking forward to seeing everyone. Just got back from a quick trip to Pueblo West to see my sister who lives there. Hwy 50 to 139, light traffic and nice roads.

Hey Roy, So bummed I won't be there for the festivities this year. I'll be attending my niece's wedding in upper NY while you guys are tearing up the Utah back roads again. I've stayed at the Thousand Lakes Resort several times with our 5th wheel while touring and hiking around Capital Reef NP. Great area. Never have had the chance to rip around the area on my bike though. Damn!. Oh well,  Have a great time, and just know that even though I'll be a couple thousand miles at a wedding, in my mind I'll be twisting a throttle with you guys!  :whip2:
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here