Author Topic: MotoGP. NBC sucks  (Read 723 times)

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
MotoGP. NBC sucks
« on: October 03, 2021, 08:40:07 PM »
Not the best race of the season but the worst TV coverage by NBC.. Running commercial breaks during the race? Give me a break, wait don't.. save the advertisement for before and after the actual race.
 They dropped two 2 minute breaks right over the race cutting off the commentators in mid sentence. Pretty sure said commentators didn't know they'd been big footed cause they kept on talking . And I don't need super slow replays when there is action on the track, save it for the highlights. I've got a few more nit picks but rant over. The chopper shots were great as was MM.

Edit, just had a though, maybe YouTube tv inserted those ads? BUT I haven't noticed that in any of the other races. If that's the case apologies to NBC.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 08:43:24 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
Re: MotoGP. NBC sucks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 09:54:51 PM »
I think because it was live?  Usually we get a delay when the race is in Europe.

The real shame was the Beast gained 2 spots on a last lap move and nobody saw it.  Hope it shows up somewhere.  My new favorite driver...
George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 10:01:29 PM »
NBC has done it bad from the beginning.  They don't even have a recurring schedule.  I'm not impressed with the world feed guys either.  No word on Moto 1 & 2.  Joe Roberts or Cam.  I can't believe they ran commercials.

BEIN did a great job, ran all the quals and races live.  They had good network lead-ins too.   I could tape it and run through all 4 hours of programming.  And sometimes the qualifications were as good as the race.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 06:17:36 AM »
MotoGP app/account is the way to go.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 06:17:36 AM »

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »
They show commercials here, too, ( Germany) but they don't stop showing the race.
The race is shown in a small 'box but you don't miss anything but the commentators.
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 12:11:12 PM »
They show commercials here, too, ( Germany) but they don't stop showing the race.
The race is shown in a small 'box but you don't miss anything but the commentators.

typically we get the "world feed" here and it's run uninterrupted.  Then they run a slew of commercials before and after the race.  The issue with MotGP here, it's a very small but very committed audience. 

NBC took over for small channel BEIN (usually Soccer from Latin America).  They ran all the programming live and did a decent job of it.  NBC was trying to establish a Sports Channel (which has failed) and loaded with motorsports.  They actually do a great job with NBC produced US content but have treated MotoGP and WSBK like a red headed step child.  At least ESPN runs all the F1 world feed live and (thankfully) ignores it the rest of the time.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
Just be glad you arent a cycling fan...  I have to subscribe to two pay services, pirate a third, and beg for links & use a VPN to see all the rest! And thats just for road races, cyclocross & mtb?? Forget about it!

NBC/Peacock coverage of Paris-Roubaix on sunday was great, tho! Comercial free for women's and men's race
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here