General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

V7Sport out of dormancy

<< < (2/11) > >>

Klinkhammer:
Received the Gilardonis from HMB some weeks back. Well packaged :wink:
The casting is very rough and the difference to the rest off the engine is way to big -I need to vapor blast them.

Antietam Classic Cycle:
I've probably bought at least 20 sets of Gilardonis over the years and have never seen a set look that bad. Usually they're lighter in color than the heads even after the heads are cleaned and media blasted.

cliffrod:
I like your V7 Sport a lot, especially the red.  It's closer than most to the color the previous owner of mine painted it back in 1979.  He had also painted the frame a similar red, but it didn't match the bodywork.  So in 98(?) I had some argent paint mixed to match an NOS Dellorto SS1 in my spares to use on my frame.  Not original but I like it a lot.

It's fun to hear about your Vespas.  Over the years, I've also had a 57 GS150, a 78 P200e and 2 older round Bajaj Chetak scooters plus others.  They're all gone, too.

I'll be watching your thread.

Klinkhammer:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on May 06, 2020, 04:39:02 PM ---I've probably bought at least 20 sets of Gilardonis over the years and have never seen a set look that bad. Usually they're lighter in color than the heads even after the heads are cleaned and media blasted.

--- End quote ---

As most (all?) vendors seem to be out of V7 Sport cylinders at this time I can only guess that this pair has been sitting on the shelf because of the rouge cast... It is time for Gilardoni to maka a new batch.
Hopefully my pair will look better after vapor blasting!

Klinkhammer:

--- Quote from: cliffrod on May 06, 2020, 07:40:07 PM ---
It's fun to hear about your Vespas.  Over the years, I've also had a 57 GS150, a 78 P200e and 2 older round Bajaj Chetak scooters plus others. 

--- End quote ---

The Vespa is truly a genius design from both a technical and esthetic point of view, and the GS 150 is the pinnacle of esthetics.

I have followed your Corsa thread with much interest. Deeply impressed!!
I actually built a "Vespa GS 150 Corsa" loosely based on the Sei Giorni. I'll see if I can find a picture...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version