Author Topic: What is the future for MG?  (Read 12287 times)

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: What is the future for MG?
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2021, 07:13:17 AM »
Where I’m at in center NC all the major brands have nice facilities within 30 minutes of my area. There is only one MG dealership, so it’s been said but very iffy from my experience, 100 miles away. The one time I tried to use them a few months ago the service for a basic tune up the service manager recommended that I take my bike elsewhere because they had no certification MG mechanic at the time. Therefore very few new Guzzi bike will be sold to either the younger or older riders in NC.

Online s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2021, 05:19:52 AM »
Other than a tiny Honda shop, everything is an hour or more away. 

Sloans is 3 hour round trip where I bought my Moto Guzzi.  Triumph, Ducati,  BMW are on the other side of major cities from me so they are out.

You know Im kind if in the same boat..  Used to be a Yamaha shop right in town, but they closed over the winter. Were good at driving new costumers away anyways..  Other then that I have about a 35-45 min trip to get to any bike dealer, of any brand. Im about 2 hours from Hamlins..  Not too bad really.
Paul B

Offline Alfetta

• Gosling
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2021, 08:14:06 AM »
Nothing much better than a Tannat from the Salta region.

Offline Dimitri_Harkov

• Hatchling
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2021, 09:59:51 AM »
 :grin: :thumb:

That's how all great concepts start!

Cheers,
D.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:21:51 AM by Dimitri_Harkov »
2020 V7 III Stone Night Pack

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2021, 09:59:51 AM »

oldbike54

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2021, 11:17:31 AM »
 Moto Guzzi will survive as long as there is a market for motorbikes . The company won't grow or shrink much over the next several years .

Dusty

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2021, 06:16:11 PM »
Not trying to beat a dead horse but I really want to throw this in.
I just returned from an evening ride to the local seafood dinner and rode my little 02 Stone, what a fine motor this is. Unless our beloved company knows something we simply don’t know, only a group of fools for leadership would discontinue such a wonderful line of machines.
Sorry If a little blunt and no disrespect intended towards anyone’s opinion on this forum but sometimes something needs to be said and this is one of those times🤔😂😉
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:58:33 PM by Ncdan »

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2021, 06:22:49 PM »
Not trying to beat a dead horse but I really want to throw this in.
I just returned from an evening ride to the local seafood dinner and rode my little 02 Stone, what a fine motor this is. Unless our beloved company knows something we similar don’t know, only a group of fools for leadership would discontinue such a wonderful line of machines.
Sorry If a little blunt and no disrespect intended towards anyone’s opinion on this forum but sometimes something needs to be said and this is one of those times🤔😂😉

I feel exactly the same way about the abandonment of the CARC series.

I really like what they have done with the small block and the v85 and the new v7 and v9, but in my thinking the 1200 Sport and GRiSO were pinnacle motorcycles.

I think through parts of an engineering and some creativity they could easily put out 850cc Sport and Sport touring motorcycles that would satisfy people like myself. But let's be honest, that market is not very strong, and Moto Guzzi does not have a strong entry due to lower horsepower etc. If you really want to see innovation, just look at another Italian brand... AKA Ducati and look at what they have done with their scrambler line. Should also point out that they have done more than simple paint and decal changes between the various models. They have really fleshed out the scrambler chassis.

I love a new v85 based LeMans or other sport oriented standard, but I'm happy and content with what I have.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2021, 10:03:08 PM »
Don’t you think maybe Ducati draws more of the younger crowd that MG does? Every time I go to the Dragons Tail I see several younger guys dressed in leathers, and I don’t mean the Brando style leather, on the Ducati but I’ve never seen anyone but older guys, like me, on a Moto Guzzi. In fact I’ve never seen a young person on a Guzzi of any style. Why might that be?

I think it's part of the old win on Saturday sell on Monday philosophy; even if Ducati isn't on top of the racing game, they're in it, even if it's only pretend on the street.

The local, young Ricky racer crowd (including the girls) are into Ducatis, GSXR's, Ninjas, KTMs, Aprillias, CBRRs, even BMWs that riding demographic would never consider a guzzi.

The local, young retro/hipster/cafe racer riders seem to like the look, vibe and mystique about guzzis, but having one horrible dealer that hates the brand and literally no dealer support kills most of the interest.

In my area, if you're not set up with a garage, tools, and a willingness to learn to do the work yourself, a guzzi is a hard sell,
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:20:31 PM by 80CX100 »
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2021, 09:29:43 AM »
     I think it's part of the old win on Saturday sell on Monday philosophy; even if Ducati isn't on top of the racing game, they're in it, even if it's only pretend on the street.

The local, young Ricky racer crowd (including the girls) are into Ducatis, GSXR's, Ninjas, KTMs, Aprillias, CBRRs, even BMWs that riding demographic would never consider a guzzi.

The local, young retro/hipster/cafe racer riders seem to like the look, vibe and mystique about guzzis, but having one horrible dealer that hates the brand and literally no dealer support kills most of the interest.

In my area, if you're not set up with a garage, tools, and a willingness to learn to do the work yourself, a guzzi is a hard sell,
Same here in my neck of the county. I’m fortunate to have a 40+ year Honda mechanic who worked for a dealership that had MG in the past and he does all my maintenance work and more simply repairs if necessary however no major motor work, which I more than likely won’t ever need.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here