Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 09:12:44 PM »
I am paranoid about my fuel. The stuff has really gotten nasty. I forgot not everyone can get real gas.
My float bowls are clean at least, bikes may sit for few months if I don't keep swapping them around.
I wonder what the tank looks like. I just got done doing a tank on a Quota, sat or 17yrs BUT real gas ran in his lawn mower(he says). Lot of junk hard after I got taps off. Haven't gone back to see if pump survived. Waiting on the owner, no hurry I guess it's already been 17yrs.
I have a gas, and an electric. I forget the models and the exact specs for each. But in general, I have found that the electric does as good a job as the gas. BUT, the electric is lower in pressure, and a lot lower in volume. So a big job can take days. Where the gas one has more pressure and a LOT more volume, so it can do that same big job in a few hours. The electric one will still damage the wood if you are not careful.

Last year I did my friends driveway, that had been neglected for many years under a lot of trees. My electric one would have taken many many days. The gas one knocked it out in an afternoon.
So it depends on how big the job is that you want to do. A couple of times a year for a porch or sidewalk, an electric will probably be fine and you don't need to fart with gasoline.

BTW, that friend had a gasoline riding lawn mower that had set idle for a few years. The idle mixture passage was totally blocked. I was unable it clear it out. I got a replacement "Asian made" carb for $15 and it runs great. It even included the air filter. Maybe that is all you need.

General Discussion / Inner Tubes - what model?
« Last post by mr_pacman on Today at 07:39:31 PM »
I'm trying to understand what type of inner tube I need for a 2014 v7.  I see "type 1, type 2, type 3" and I also see "Type A, Type B, Type C etc". I suspect this has to do with the valve size and position?

I think the diameter I need is easier to figure out based on the tire size but does anyone know what the other specs are that I need to order?  All the websites I've seen have generic photos so it's not much help.

Thanks
James
I have a Craftsman electric (plug in) that I probably bought a dozen years ago. When I need it I just plug it in and go. It has never failed to work and I've never worried about how old the electrons are. I do not regret selling off my old gas version and moving over to this.
General Discussion / HYPER Lites and the Norge
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 06:43:25 PM »

I love my hyper lites and have had them on several bikes.    ANYONE ever install them on a 2V Norge without any problems or special electrical challenges?
General Discussion / Bought it
« Last post by Trevor G on Today at 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks for the help.

I went ahead, even though I could smell burning/hot oil when I got close to the heads.

Three owners in 11,400 miles, with the last one doing just 300, suggests there is something wrong.

So far I’ve discovered a major leak from what appears to be the rocket box breather on the left cylinder.

Will a new clamp fix it, or will I need to pull the tank and replace both.

Thanks.  :-)

General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Tom H on Today at 06:14:35 PM »
Here is the way I look at it. If you NEED HIGH PRESSURE to STRIP decks and the like, then gas is likely the best option.

If all your doing is cleaning the grunge off the bikes and auto's, then a decent electric should do you fine.

I have an electric, I forget the pressure, 1700 something psi and it cleans the oil grunge off the bikes and 40 year old caked on grease and grime off my '62 F100 running gear very decently. Sometimes wish I had more psi, but then if I had it I would probably like a little less for delicate cleaning.

The HF electric about 1700 something psi might be a decent one to try for the PRICE to see if electric will work for what you need it for. Whatever one your looking at, READ the reviews for it and see how others like it.

Hope this helps a bit,
Tom
Yes, a few years ago I bought 2 cooling (hydration) vests from Revzilla.  One is thin and the other thick to hold more moisture. I soak them, wring them out, stick one in a zip lock bag and the other I wear under my leather jacket. I leave the leather jacket zipper half way open. Keeps me cool in in the humid south central PA. When the first on dries out after about 45 minutes, I switch and wear the other one. Works for me.
I didnt know Stihl makes electric power washers. Their biggest electric unit the "100" series seems pretty nice at a $300. price.  A bit more pressure would be nice, but 2000 psi isnt bad.
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: Recommendations for a first enduro bike?
« Last post by kballowe on Today at 05:21:32 PM »
Knobbies on a Can-AM Spyder - or their shaft-drive little brother, the Ryker.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here