Author Topic: The UFO Thread  (Read 18844 times)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Guzzi Hero
Re: The UFO Thread
« Reply #630 on: March 10, 2021, 06:03:21 PM »
Shirley it's no accident
Quit calling me Shirley..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

02 Scura RC
87 AeroLario
79 G5
95 Skorpion tour

I think senility is going to be a fairly smooth transition for me..

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #631 on: March 10, 2021, 09:28:53 PM »
Yea and then when it gets here download the info to a MG 1400 and it could be a Transformer!😂😂😂😂

That would explain Dusty's theory of why they have not been detected.

Alien AI Bot:  "Man I really screwed the pooch on this transformation!  No grease in the bearings and now I'm stuck in this shop for months waiting on parts.....  I can't wait to get off this planet and away from these idiots.  Space travel?  How about greasing your bearings!"
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #632 on: March 10, 2021, 09:33:01 PM »
 Hard to detect something that isn't there .

Dusty
We should probably look to the Mayans for advice on how to deal with shortages of gasoline and TP . Those folks had chronic shortages of both.

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #633 on: March 11, 2021, 05:44:36 AM »
Hard to detect something that isn't there .

Dusty

Are we talking about Aliens, UFO's, or grease in Moto Guzzi bearings here?
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #633 on: March 11, 2021, 05:44:36 AM »

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Guzzi Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #634 on: March 13, 2021, 03:37:34 PM »
I very much recommend "The Demon Haunted World; Science As A Candle In The Dark" by the late Carl Sagan.

And while we are at it you would all probably find the following 2 podcasts fascinating "The Saucer Life" and "Extraterrestrial". The latter has ceased making new episodes but the old ones are brilliant.

And no, I dont mean The Old Ones.  :grin:
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Online JJ

• Guzzi Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #635 on: March 13, 2021, 04:47:27 PM »
I very much recommend "The Demon Haunted World; Science As A Candle In The Dark" by the late Carl Sagan.

And while we are at it you would all probably find the following 2 podcasts fascinating "The Saucer Life" and "Extraterrestrial". The latter has ceased making new episodes but the old ones are brilliant.

And no, I dont mean The Old Ones.  :grin:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
'14 Victory Vision Tour
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #636 on: March 21, 2021, 08:26:36 PM »
Here's another item in the news.  Former DNI says that can't figure out the UFOs. 

https://www.newsweek.com/former-dni-more-ufo-sightings-declassified-unexplained-1577595

Ratcliffe appeared to reference some UFO footage that had been released by the Pentagon in April 2020, and he explained the sources of some sightings. "Frankly, there are a lot more sightings than have been made public. Some of those have been declassified. When we talk about sightings, we're talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots or have been picked up by satellite imagery that frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain."

The former intelligence director also explained what activities the objects engaged in to receive their UFO titles, including "movements that are hard to replicate" or "traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom."

Ratcliffe also said that officials seek plausible reasons for possible UFOs including weather-related disturbances or "whether or not our adversaries have technologies that are a little bit further down the road than we thought or that we realized."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 08:27:29 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #637 on: March 22, 2021, 07:14:48 AM »
I got up to make breakfast this am.  For some reason, I realized the UFO Thread hadn't been up too on WG for a while and was afraid it may have finally fizzled.  Thankfully it has not.

It's all starting to come together...

We've had no "good" hard data on extraterrestrials because they were not programmed into the simulation. Now that there is more and more talk and interest in them, even powerful influencers and government types bringing them up, the simulation programmers will have to add them in.

Dusty may even yet get his proof. Welcome to the new reality.   :wink:

Ok, let's take it a little further.   Will any kind of proof will be necessary for one of those ET individuals to join WG?  The bar wasn't at any special height for me, even though the rules were made clear.  No photo ID, proof of species, planet of origin, nada..     If one of those folks just shows up and posts an intro thread, is all good?

Then, maybe they'll post THE definitive Oil Thread....
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #638 on: March 22, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
It's all starting to come together...

We've had no "good" hard data on extraterrestrials because they were not programmed into the simulation. Now that there is more and more talk and interest in them, even powerful influencers and government types bringing them up, the simulation programmers will have to add them in.

Dusty may even yet get his proof. Welcome to the new reality.   :wink:

simulation?  I didn't consider that we'd discuss religion here.   :lipsrsealed:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Guzzi Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #639 on: March 22, 2021, 05:15:31 PM »
simulation?  I didn't consider that we'd discuss religion here.   :lipsrsealed:

Oops, my bad. I didn't consider them religious, just a whacky theory.  I'll rid them right away.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #640 on: March 22, 2021, 06:32:04 PM »
 It seems highly probable that at least 10% of our members here are aliens , it would certainly explain some things ...

Dusty
We should probably look to the Mayans for advice on how to deal with shortages of gasoline and TP . Those folks had chronic shortages of both.

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #641 on: March 22, 2021, 07:06:53 PM »
It seems highly probable that at least 10% of our members here are aliens , it would certainly explain some things ...

Dusty

We've always thought that you're alien #1.   :evil:
John L 

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #642 on: March 26, 2021, 07:10:27 AM »
I saw about 10 minutes of this last night.  Looked very interesting.  Will try to watch this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzgaNSWglwE

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Online Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #643 on: March 26, 2021, 06:13:44 PM »
I saw about 10 minutes of this last night.  Looked very interesting.  Will try to watch this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzgaNSWglwE

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. The claim they (UFO people) have the technology to replace fossil fuel and eliminate poverty in one generation!!!!! WOW. I can only hope this comes true in my lifetime. Yes I want to believe. Gives me great hope for the future.
2019 Moto Guzzi Bobber Sport
2013 Beta Evo 300
2014 Husaberg FE501

Offline John A

• Guzzi Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #644 on: March 26, 2021, 10:01:38 PM »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #645 on: March 27, 2021, 08:08:31 AM »
Thanks for the link. Very interesting. The claim they (UFO people) have the technology to replace fossil fuel and eliminate poverty in one generation!!!!! WOW. I can only hope this comes true in my lifetime. Yes I want to believe. Gives me great hope for the future.

We watched it last night.  Very interesting.

Did you note the alien body that was only about 6 inches tall? 

Other interesting comments were the head of Lockheed Skunk Works saying "We can already take ET home!"  IIRC, that quote was from 1955!  and the scientist(?) stating that if the multi-dimensional view of physics is true, our A-bombs and H=bombs may be causing more damage elsewhere than they do here!

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #646 on: March 27, 2021, 08:22:21 AM »
Here is a Tr3b
https://youtu.be/xRYxcUpq-f4

Man alive- this TR3B has been a major part of my life since before I was born.  I never imagined that Lucas electricals were the kingpin of truly advanced space age technology.  Talk about hiding in plain sight....

Boy are those aliens smart!
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Online Ncdan

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #647 on: March 27, 2021, 09:41:52 AM »
I have a memory of a youth event that applies to this WONDERFUL thread, lol I have enjoyed.
When I was a youth of 12-13 I had the pleasure of getting to know a young Airman was had been assigned to the Radar Base which was build back in the early 60s in response to the cuban missile crisis and was a mile from our house. My Father ran into him at the local gas station one day and in conversation ask him if he would like to make a few bucks on Saturday to help us ďput in a barn of bacckerĒ. The young soldier agreed because he had never seen tobacco prior to coming to the south to serve his time in service.
On that Saturday morning we were standing at the end of the row waiting for Pap to get back with an empty sled to start another row. We used a mule to pull the sleds through the rows and Ole Big-un as my GrandPa called him was just standing there like us waiting and resting.
Carlton, the young mans name, looked over at me and jokingly said. ďDanny Boy, Iíll bet you your moon pie weíre having at break, Pap had announced prior that it would occur shortly, that I can put my mouth over Big-inís butt hole and blow the bit out of his mouthĒ
All the guys standing around got a big laugh and I refuse the bet because I didnít want to possibly lose my moon pie.
Later that evening when around the supper table I told my Dad about the day being enjoyable working with the young Airman and about the joke he had made.
Iíll never forget Dads response which brings us to the subject at hand.
Dad said..... Son one of the most important lessons in your life just happened, ďDonít believe NOTHING anybody tells and half of what you actually see and your life will run smootherĒ
And thatís where Iím at here👍😂😂😂

Offline SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #648 on: April 03, 2021, 06:06:23 PM »
I have a memory of a youth event that applies to this WONDERFUL thread, lol I have enjoyed.
When I was a youth of 12-13 I had the pleasure of getting to know a young Airman was had been assigned to the Radar Base which was build back in the early 60s in response to the cuban missile crisis and was a mile from our house. My Father ran into him at the local gas station one day and in conversation ask him if he would like to make a few bucks on Saturday to help us ďput in a barn of bacckerĒ. The young soldier agreed because he had never seen tobacco prior to coming to the south to serve his time in service.
On that Saturday morning we were standing at the end of the row waiting for Pap to get back with an empty sled to start another row. We used a mule to pull the sleds through the rows and Ole Big-un as my GrandPa called him was just standing there like us waiting and resting.
Carlton, the young mans name, looked over at me and jokingly said. ďDanny Boy, Iíll bet you your moon pie weíre having at break, Pap had announced prior that it would occur shortly, that I can put my mouth over Big-inís butt hole and blow the bit out of his mouthĒ
All the guys standing around got a big laugh and I refuse the bet because I didnít want to possibly lose my moon pie.
Later that evening when around the supper table I told my Dad about the day being enjoyable working with the young Airman and about the joke he had made.
Iíll never forget Dads response which brings us to the subject at hand.
Dad said..... Son one of the most important lessons in your life just happened, ďDonít believe NOTHING anybody tells and half of what you actually see and your life will run smootherĒ
And thatís where Iím at here👍😂😂😂

Good advice.  Even better now that the internet exists!   :laugh:

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1976 Kawasaki KE 175
1986 Honda XL600R

Online Ncdan

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #649 on: April 16, 2021, 08:08:30 AM »
Pyramid-shaped UFOs spotted by Navy may be the best 'the world has ever seen,' filmmaker says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ufos-spotted-navy-best-the-world-has-seen

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Iím sorry to be the one to revive this thread but for those of us NAYSAYERS, this one is hard to deny that there is definitely something out there thatís either unexplainable or truth is being withheld. There is simply too much EVIDENCE that there are vehicles that defy our current knowledge and understanding of flight.
Sorry Dusty I may be somewhat leaning to the dark side due to this latest report from the US Navy 🤔

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #650 on: April 16, 2021, 08:28:26 AM »
got this on my news feed today.

Pentagon Confirms Leaked Photos, Video Of Unidentified Flying Objects

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ufo-uap-navy-pentagon-confirmed-111558647.html

John L 

Online Ncdan

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #651 on: April 16, 2021, 09:03:56 AM »
got this on my news feed today.

Pentagon Confirms Leaked Photos, Video Of Unidentified Flying Objects

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ufo-uap-navy-pentagon-confirmed-111558647.html

Thatís it, itís worth watching. It sure begs to be addressed thatís for sure. I must say Iím in the group that would like to see a reasonable scientific explanation for what I just observed.

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #652 on: April 16, 2021, 10:05:07 AM »
Thatís it, itís worth watching. It sure begs to be addressed thatís for sure. I must say Iím in the group that would like to see a reasonable scientific explanation for what I just observed.

It's called "fakery" , been around since at least as far back as WW! . Sorry fellas , those blurry images are faked .

Dusty

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #653 on: April 16, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »
It's called "fakery" , been around since at least as far back as WW! . Sorry fellas , those blurry images are faked .

Dusty

Why would the Defense Dept fake this?  Why would an FA-18 Navy aviator fake and lie about it? 
John L 

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #654 on: April 16, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
Why would the Defense Dept fake this?  Why would an FA-18 Navy aviator fake and lie about it?

Let's see , no military personnel have ever fabricated a story ?

Dusty

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #655 on: April 16, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »

Dusty

That wasn't the question.  The question was "why?"
John L 

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #656 on: April 16, 2021, 03:47:56 PM »
That wasn't the question.  The question was "why?"

Why does anyone perpetrate a hoax , sometimes just for the amusement , sometimes for money , sometimes just because . Military personnel are still just people , get 100 of them together , a few will be pranksters , a few will be odd , and a few will be trouble .

Dusty

Online cloudbase

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #657 on: April 16, 2021, 05:02:51 PM »

Dusty

I've got a few sea stories.
Now this ain't no shit. . .

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #658 on: April 16, 2021, 05:09:14 PM »
Why does anyone perpetrate a hoax , sometimes just for the amusement , sometimes for money , sometimes just because . Military personnel are still just people , get 100 of them together , a few will be pranksters , a few will be odd , and a few will be trouble .

Dusty

Wait.  This was confirmed by the DoD, not just some errant Aviators.

This was plainly written in the linked story.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:10:00 PM by LowRyter »
John L 

Online oldbike54

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #659 on: April 16, 2021, 05:17:42 PM »
Wait.  This was confirmed by the DoD, not just some errant Aviators.

This was plainly written in the linked story.

What was confirmed , that some sailors had some video ? John , you worked with these folks for what , almost 30 years , do you seriously 100% trust that none of them would pull a hoax ?

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here