Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505871 times)

oldbike54

How was your day
« on: April 16, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:37:36 AM by oldbike54 »

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
It rained on and off all day today, so I sat at home avoiding work. 

But yesterday --ah ---yesterday!  Yesterday I rode the Breva 500 km (300 miles) in order to spend 20 minutes in a land records office and take a few photographs. Other than that brief break and a fillup, I was riding non-stop.  It was a trifle chilly at first but it warmed up to 15c (59F) in the afternoon.  The bike behaved beautifully, the roads were empty and I was in the zone.

A good day.

Nick

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »
My license plate fell off on my long ride Sunday, so no riding until the replacement plate is issued.  >:(

Had to go to the DMV, take their form, and drive to the police department today.

Tomorrow I'll drop off the form. Hopefully it won't take long to get the plate. My new camera shows up tomorrow, I'll have to play around with it before I do some motorcycle videos!  ;D

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
Fine, if you like cleaning carbs. Getting Ian's other Loop going. Finished his Eldo last week. This week started on the Ambo, gas in the tank w/5yrs+ looked like coffee and the stench, ewww.
Better day yesterday, put some miles on the Cali 2 Sidecar rig, 1st time this year. No tags till now.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »
Fine, if you like cleaning carbs. Getting Ian's other Loop going. Finished his Eldo last week.

:bow :bike
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »
Finally got a surgery date. ;)  Took my sidecar struts to 3 welders today, trying to get a simple job done. All told me to get all the parts ready, then they would weld.  So, I spent the afternoon cutting, grinding and fitting extensions for my struts.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:26:48 PM by Shorty »
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline guzzi4me

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
After a rather easy day delivering groceries in the Fresno Ca area decided to take the long way home from work.

Nothing exciting, just the back roads between Stockton and Lathrop.

Amazing how a 15 mile ride home from work can turn into 45+!!!!

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office!!"

Ride safe and often,

Jeff
Jeff S
Fruita CO

01 Jackal "Mistress"...sold
02 Stone "Giada"...donated Cedar Vale raffle
16 Stone V7 II "Olivia"...racking up the miles!!

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
My license plate fell off on my long ride Sunday,

You sure it FELL off?

I had a young woman employee pulled over in a full-on felony stop. Guns drawn and all.  Seems that someone had robbed a convenience store.  He was probably sure that someone had written down his plate number.  So, in the middle of the night, he drove around until he found an identical model and color car.  He not only stole her plates, but he took the time to install HIS plates on HER car.  The guns scared the crap out of her.  Took quite awhile to sort that one out.  Clever thief.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
You sure it FELL off?

I had a young woman employee pulled over in a full-on felony stop. Guns drawn and all.  Seems that someone had robbed a convenience store.  He was probably sure that someone had written down his plate number.  So, in the middle of the night, he drove around until he found an identical model and color car.  He not only stole her plates, but he took the time to install HIS plates on HER car.  The guns scared the crap out of her.  Took quite awhile to sort that one out.  Clever thief.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

... I'm not sure. I hope it fell off.  ;D

I think the bolts vibrated loose on a quick "sprint" I made on the freeway.  :-X
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:12:14 PM by Unkept »

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
Updated our TV media server with the new version of software that was supposed to allow for close captioned mxf files to be ftp'd in but after six months going around and round with this with the vendor, we're no better off.  Tomorrow I get to do a restore from my backups to a version from last year, then upversion again.  Sort of like backing up to take another run up the hill.  I need this working before moving to the next big project....

Half of our HD router failed on New Year's Eve.  The new 3Gb Utah router and master control switching is starting to arrive.  I need to get a transitional routing and switching system in place and under automation control before starting the CAD drawings for the replacement system, the core of our operation.

Our HD radio exporter (encoder) puked and the vendor is playing dumb.  Not what I expect from Harris.

Aspect ratio issues continue to plague us on legacy SD playout since our SD channel is now 16:9.  AFD, aka, Active Format Descriptor anyone?  More like Arbitrary F****** Disaster. 

Computers and IT have ruined mid-market television (read mid-market budgets).  The only constants are variables introduced by endless necessary upgrades to all systems at the most inopportune times.  Stable systems are a memory.

On the plus side, I got to come home, cook dinner, talk with my beautiful wife and kids and have a cigar.  Tomorrow I get to do it all over again.

Perhaps I'll ride the LeMans to work. 

Tobit
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 04:04:03 AM »

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office!!"

Ride safe and often,

Jeff

HaHaHa. Good one mate ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Jukebox

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 04:18:10 AM »
As my old dad who is 80 & has had 4 strokes said to me.
Any day I wake up is a good day.
That's the way I look at it now and its so true. ;D

Harry

lucydad

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 06:58:47 AM »
I am the mule in the field plowing the hard rocky ground.  The mule could use some carrots and a vacation.  Fortunately the Moto GP in Austin is the weekend and I am going with my buddy Mitch.  In a couple weeks my wife and I are swanning off to Sanibel Island, Florida for a break. 

Yeah, I am pretty toasty.  2013 has been insanely busy and stressful so far.  Man I hope my oldest daughter gets a paying job in NYC.

I choose to be happy though and I write silly thesis to stay sane.  I did ignore my first member last night though, and now I feel bad about that.
I wonder if I can reverse the ignore.

What is this, Guzzista leather couch therapy?

How do you feel about that?

Tell me more.

Mmmmm,  and did your mother love you?

What was it like when your puppy died?

~;

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
Lookin' at the grass from the green side. 

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:34 PM »
Even work can't hold me down. I am able to go home for lunch almost every day. If the weather is good I usually take a bike for a spin. Today it was the Lemans!
Hunter
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q708/2hhjones/CX100/IMG_0829768x1024_zpsb8784841.jpg
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:44:45 PM by Idontwantapickle »
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
Got the struts welded, all the real welders too busy, ended up taking them to Muffler King, ha ha. They don't look very nice, but the welds are strong. A little grind and wire brush, a little rustoleum....

Good day to give the garden plot one more ro-till before the plants arrive. Hey Dusty, even my tomatoes come from a DOT COM nursery :-*
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
GOOD DAY for a couple "Hanger Queens" Ambo & Eldo both purrin again, now will he ride them or sell em or let em sit again.  I care not, it all pays the same.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
GOOD DAY for a couple "Hanger Queens" Ambo & Eldo both purrin again, now will he ride them or sell em or let em sit again.  I care not, it all pays the same.

Hey, at least I got #3 ('70 Ambo) out of y'all's hair about 10 months and 10k miles ago  ;D  :BEER:
And it's still purrin' too!
Thanks Steve, thanks Ian  ;-T

http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/download.html?id=5241&mode=view
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:09:29 PM »
            Nice bike Tazio

I seem to be riding every second day in our perfect weather. Finished removing the backrest this morning and am touching up the rack in anticipation of some day rides ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 11:35:18 PM »
I got a good haircut for $7.  Just outside the Marine Corps base at Camp Pendleton.  Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO like my hair short.  Why do you ask?

Is that good, or what!

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 08:21:18 AM »
            Nice bike Tazio

I seem to be riding every second day in our perfect weather. Finished removing the backrest this morning and am touching up the rack in anticipation of some day rides ;D

Thanks, I'm lovin' this scooter!
Here's a shot of me and the wifey in her chef's Hat...
http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/download.html?id=5084&mode=view
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
Thanks, I'm lovin' this scooter!
Here's a shot of me and the wifey in her chef's Hat...
http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/download.html?id=5084&mode=view

Tazio,
           I don't need a crystal ball to tell me that there is a doghouse in your future......... ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »
             Obviously, I ride too much ~; The headlight globe is blown

and the fairing has to come off to fix it :'(
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 11:24:52 PM »
More members are posting on this thread now , I truly enjoy the stream of consciousness nature of the posts and feeling a bit more connected to other denizens of the forum . Thanks for sharing .
Dusty 

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:48 AM »
           It has been so long since the fairing has been worked on, that I forgot that there are only six bolts holding it to its frame. Removal was so easy this pm that I am considering removing it for every wash. .....the headlight shell and instrument "cups" are a little grubby where you can't see. Or I might just ride it 8)
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 09:14:26 AM »
Fixed the last little leak on the CX yesterday, just the neutral switch gasket. Then burned off a quick 70 miles on it. What a hoot!  :bike
Then it was back to do oil changes etc. on the cars.  :-\  At least when I do it I know who to blame it's done right!
Hunter
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

Penderic

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:13 AM »
Darn double darn! The weather is getting nice for riding for the next few days and I am unfortunately stuck with getting our garden tractor up and running and its turning out to be one of those repairs.... It was running fine 2 months ago... just a loose tiller bearing and a carb with a very slow drip.

And I gotta get it going first before enjoying the weather. No problemo.

Its an old workhorse that tills our garlic fields - the 45 year old carb finally fell apart (threads/shafts) just worn out - easier to modify a substitute to work with the odd governor/choke/throttle for this engine. Water, rust, bad fuel and vibration, strange main jet holder ... and no longer available but a possible solution is in the mail.

The hydro lift for lifting up the tiller -pooped out 3 weeks ago. Spent a day trying to figure out why - took some linkage apart while troubleshooting but nothing wrong - it all looks ok, so put it together and now again, it works fine! Huh? What was wrong? I dont know!

The tiller belt (very long belt) was 3 years old, getting damaged and needed replacement but for some reason would not budge and come off. I had to take apart the pully system to find a tiny, repeat: a TINY, little pebble that had wedged the belt against a remote guard.   

Next, the wobbley main tiller bearings .... got new ones but after days of trying different ways I had to grind off chunks and crack the old ones in half ... rust had totally welded them on...what a mess.

The soil got past the worn bearings and filled up the tiller's "sealed" case for the drive chain. Oh no. Had to clean out the dirt in the case and to do that I had to remove (grind off) another set of sprocket bearings. Inside I see the wobbley sprocket had made 2 slash cuts in the cases - those needs welding up. Done. Next?

Today, I'll finish cleaning repainting the rusty parts and start reassembly, while waiting for the replacement carb in the mail.

A ton of other stuff needs to be done on the farm this time of year, as well. (But I'll sneak away for a brief afternoon scoot on the V7C)  :bike

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
            Fitting a ride in, between attending to my responsibilities, seems to be a way of life for me too. The recent spate 8) of superb weather is a big help too and more rides have been had in the last week, than for the whole of this year ;D
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 06:11:45 PM »
Not bad, drove 140 miles to see a family with a quadraplegic daughter, looks like I can help them out with some overhead lift equipment, the eleven piont river was up and looking great. Just about time for smallmouth bass fishing! ;-T
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »
  About 82 degrees with scattered Wahines.   A bunch of which I paid to wash my bike and sidecar.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here