Author Topic: Congratulations/Condolences  (Read 6200 times)

oldbike54

Congratulations/Condolences
« on: January 18, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »
Congratulations to Rodekyll  :D , condolences to Chuckie  :(

Dusty

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: Congratulations/Condolences
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »
Go Zorn!  Go Largent!

Wooohoooo!

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:52:25 PM »
Go Zorn!  Go Largent!

Wooohoooo!

We will try to send a few more Okies that way  ;D

Dusty

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:38 AM »
  What's with name dropping antique athletes?
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:38 AM »

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »
Because we're being vague and silly.     :BEER:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »
Ewwwww, that was ugly.. the D line was man handled, and the coaching was abysmal.
In further news of the evil cheaters* if you're not cheatin you're not tryin philosophy..

A source within the NFL tells wthr.com's Bob Kravitz that the league is investigating the possibility that the Patriots deflated footballs in their 45-7 win over the Colts Sunday night.

The source told Kravitz that officials took a ball out of play at one point and weighed it.

A deflated football could be easier to throw and catch in poor weather conditions than a properly inflated ball.

Kravitz was told that if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs, it would result in lost draft picks for the Patriots.

More to come on this story.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 05:59:59 AM »
 . . .and as in ALL playoff games, there is only the one ball.    ::)

They weighed it to check for deflation?    ???

Wouldn't checking the pressure make better sense?  And how does deflating it give only one side an advantage?

But kudos to the guy with 'philosophy' enough to blame a 45-7 loss on the ball. :winer

Personally I have no dog in the AFL fight.  Their winner becomes Seahawks fodder.    :food

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 06:13:06 AM »
. . .and as in ALL playoff games, there is only the one ball.    ::)

They weighed it to check for deflation?    ???

Wouldn't checking the pressure make better sense?  And how does deflating it give only one side an advantage?

But kudos to the guy with 'philosophy' enough to blame a 45-7 loss on the ball. :winer

Personally I have no dog in the AFL fight.  Their winner becomes Seahawks fodder.    :food

The home team supplies the footballs for the game. 24 for inside games, 36 for outside games. You would use the deflated ball when your team is on offense. It would have made no real difference in this game's outcome, but bellicheat leaves no stone unturned.. you gotta give the devil his due.
Go Hawks!  ;D

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

dilligaf

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 06:18:11 AM »
I'm slow, I mean really slow.  What am I missing.  :BEER:
Matt

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 06:23:10 AM »
Matt

They're vaguely talking about the outcome of yesterdays AFC championship game.   You know, NFL,  American Football.     ;)
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:29 AM »
Matt

You're not missing anything other than time better spent  ;D   Our son in law has worked for the Buffalo Bills since the late 1990's and now travels with the team and is in charge of all logistics while on the road. Other than the Bills being a second rate team I have learned from him a lot of facts on how a NFL team functions internally. Believe it or not most or all teams do care about fan support...

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 06:51:53 AM »
I think they got a collective concussion.  Kinda like when I woke up on my b-day wondering what the f- just happened.

What I saw was a lot of sloppy playing.  Kinda like what the Seahawks did for the first 58 minutes of their game.   :wife:    The difference is that the 'hawks were just screwing around with GB and put them away when they finally got around to it, but the Colts really were having that bad a day.  Trust me -- NE isn't as good as they looked.  The 'hawks will go through them like bad sushi.

RER -- your kid's a professional football roadie?       ;-T

. . . . and as far as fan support goes .  . . .  The UW seismology lab has recorded up to mag2.5 disturbances at the stadium during games.  I'd guess it shook at least that hard on Sunday.   That's some fracking good support, right there!

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 07:30:17 AM »
The difference between the best and worst team in the NFL is pretty minor. "You're never as good as you looked when you win, and never as bad as you looked when you lose" is pretty true.
I like watching people that are good at what they do, but never followed pro football until the Colts came to Indy. I went out to training camp the first year and realized that the worst athlete in the NFL is still one hell of an athlete. The Colts had some of the worst in those days.. ;D

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 07:37:25 AM »
Quote from: rodekyll

RER -- your kid's a professional football roadie?       ;-T

. . . . and as far as fan support goes .  . . .  The UW seismology lab has recorded up to mag2.5 disturbances at the stadium during games.  I'd guess it shook at least that hard on Sunday.   That's some fracking good support, right there!

Yes a roadie.... His title is Director of Football Administration. He negotiates some details of play-management contracts, makes travel arrangements for road trips,airl line charters,food,security,hotels and so on...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:38:04 AM by Rough Edge racing »

ridingron

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »
A 45-7 loss? Yea, it was the balls fault. Let's not consider a non-prepared team either conditioning or coaching-wise. Perhaps they were just a better team? When did he realize the balls were underinflated? Why didn't the QB or the receivers say something during the game? Getting shellacked for a 45-7 loss, they probably wanted the public humiliation over. The sooner the better.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »
yeah...the balls might not have a made a difference.  And the rules should be clear.

But after the video cheating deal, I really can't abide by Bellicheck.  I'm not a fan of the Carrol either but that is just animosity from losing to him in the college game when his team had to vacate their wins because the alums bought R Bush family a freaking house.

So I am routing against them all.

:wife:

"if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:22:44 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
yeah...the balls might not have a made a difference.  And the rules should be clear.

But after the video cheating deal, I really can't abide by Bellicheck.  I'm not a fan of the Carrol either but that is just animosity from losing to him in the college game when his team had to vacate their wins because the alums bought R Bush family a freaking house.

So I am routing against them all.

:wife:

"if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"

My favorite team is whoever is playing the cheaters*  ;D Of course, the out manned Colts didn't have much of a chance. They could have used tennis balls, but....
More on this from Sports Illustrated.. http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/new-england-patriots-deflategate-bill-belichick-tom-brady

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »
All slightly reminiscent of another dominant Boston franchise , the Red Auerbach/Bill Russel Celtics . Everyone was sure they were cheating some how , never proved . Simply wanted to tell two of my boys that I was aware of their joy or sadness after yesterday .

Go Penguins  ;D

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here