Author Topic: 98 EV fuel injector removal  (Read 1106 times)

Online steven c

• Gaggle Hero
98 EV fuel injector removal
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:40:33 PM »
 Got a new ECU for the  EV (thanks Chuck :thumb:), so fuel pump runs now, have spark, but no start. It rumbled on carb cleaner, so I am thinking dirty injectors after sitting for years. What is the best way to remove them? I'm thinking getting the mounting bar lose so I can get to them. Or is there an easier way?
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: 98 EV fuel injector removal
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »
Have you changed the fuel filter and cleaned the petcock screen before digging in that deep?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 07:24:33 PM »
I find it easiest to go from opposite side in w/1/4" long extension. I have taken both bars off as to be able to rotate TB if I have to.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »
Welcome to my misery last year. 7 hours of frustration to take them out, 4 hours to put them back in and button everything up. The EV had sat for years and ran ok but I knew it needed a clean out.  The big problem is taking out the air box so you can reach the Injectors. Remove the airtubes , move the fuel pump back slightly and the box will eventually come out. It becomes self explanatory as you go but if you have a significant other , tell them to stay away . Bad words may come out. Now you’re onto the critical step - removing the injectors. They are held in by 2 internal Allen head long bolts. Of course the threads are oxidized. Use a quality Allen head tool. If you round one out, you’re
In a world of hurt. I sent mine to Injector RX in Houston . Did a great job. Bike ran superb after. I mentioned doing this to my local Guzzi dealer / mechanic and he said not to open that bag of worms. You can try Techron but if they are gummed then they need to come out. You can do it. Keep a sense of humor!

94 R100R Mystic , 92 K75S, 98 EV, 17 Stelvio NTX

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »

Online steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »
 New filter. clean pump. gas flowing out of the petcock. Rats I just had fun putting the air box back it.
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here