Author Topic: Just bought a "Ducati scrambler" ;-) For Sale  (Read 15243 times)

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
Re: Just bought a "Ducati scrambler" ;-)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 07:12:33 PM »
]I had two 3 1/2s at the same time, a early sport and a strada, them little buggers could realy hum for a 350, and I used to take the sport over redline a lot, it loved it ;-T

I had a 3 1/2 Strada for a few years. Rode the skin off it. I even rode it from Victoria BC to Calgary and back without any issues. Loved the bike except for the one carburetor intake facing forward... would shut down that cylinder in a heavy rain. Bike was third hand when I got it so I have no idea if that was a design or an add-on. I'd buy another if I ever saw one for sale. Great little bike.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »
Charlie:  Ride it like you stole it, because for $1000 you did!  Lucky you!!

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Bill Hagan

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 07:55:57 PM »

Bring that thing down here sometime so I can ride take a look at it in the flesh.  :D

Very nice, Charlie.

Bill

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 08:00:44 PM »
well, good luck but Ringling Bros put all their elephants out to retirement. 

I hope you have a lot of peanuts.  But you'll have to put it to pasture.

;D

sorry
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 08:00:44 PM »

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
Those Cagiva rubber parts and body parts are difficult to find. Check the rubber elbows that connect to the carbs.  I bet they're cracked up too.

I had two of these bikes and rode the hell out of them in the early 90's. Fabulous runners. I ended selling them due to body parts availability since I rode mine in the woods and encountered harm's way often.

For a while I could get things like the rubber parts but that soon dried up. I fixed my cracked rubber intake plumbing by cleaning the parts and spraying them with black aerosol vinyl, the tool-handle dip stuff. It worked great.

I shelved the heavy muffler assembly and fabricated a two-into-two system pushing two small Supertrap mufflers.

The Elefant is a super bike. It'll throw a rooster tail on sand at 60 MPH. Be careful.

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »
Bring that thing down here sometime so I can ride take a look at it in the flesh.  :D

Sure thing. I need to visit anyway.

Those Cagiva rubber parts and body parts are difficult to find. Check the rubber elbows that connect to the carbs.  I bet they're cracked up too.

For a while I could get things like the rubber parts but that soon dried up. I fixed my cracked rubber intake plumbing by cleaning the parts and spraying them with black aerosol vinyl, the tool-handle dip stuff. It worked great.

I shelved the heavy muffler assembly and fabricated a two-into-two system pushing two small Supertrap mufflers.

The Elefant is a super bike. It'll throw a rooster tail on sand at 60 MPH. Be careful.

Body parts - yeah, not real available, but I'm not planning on crashing. ;D I may buy another tank from Ed Milich - the way I see it, that's the most important, easily damaged and difficult to repair piece. Plastics aren't really a problem unless you really crash big-time.

Rubber bits - absolutely no issue here. I've already had the rubber "union" between the frame and airbox reproduced by CSM Reproductions and will have the rubber elbows from the carb to frame done next. No hurry there - mine are like new, no cracks or deterioration at all. The rubber on the intake manifolds did have a few shallow cracks, I sealed them with Seal-All and covered the entire rubber part with adhesive lined heat-shrink tubing. Used a section of a late Tonti breather hose as a replacement for the unavailable original.

The original muffler stays. Although it's heavy, it's quiet even with an open end cap, yet still has a nice bark to it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:25:01 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
For sale in the Classifieds.
Charlie

Joe A.

Re: Just bought a "Ducati scrambler" ;-) For Sale
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
I just noticed your website in your signature....Beauti ful work you do!! ;-T
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:04:47 PM by Joe A. »

Offline pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »
$1000 ?!!??

Inconthievable.

Awesome find.  :BEER:
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »
$1000 ?!!??

Inconthievable.

Awesome find.  :BEER:

Yeah, only another $1000 and 30 hours to put it right. It'll be the same with my $500 Ducati Paso.
Charlie

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here