Author Topic: MD/DC Guzzi Breakfast - Sunday, Oct. 18th  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
MD/DC Guzzi Breakfast - Sunday, Oct. 18th
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:50:51 AM »
Same time and location as usual: 9 am at Ingram's Diner in Jefferson, MD.

I plan to be there on my Morini and afterwards might ride up to the "Fulton Fall Folk Festival"/"Grease, Steam and Rust" antique tractor show in McConnellsburg, PA.
Charlie

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
Re: MD/DC Guzzi Breakfast - Sunday, Oct. 18th
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »
  I just looked at weather for Sunday and looks like 28 degrees in the morning.  The last time I rode down in that temp range even after a HOT bath when I got back I did not stop shivering for 12 hours.  I would love to see the Morini and hear it run though!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Bill Hagan

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 07:55:52 AM »
  I just looked at weather for Sunday and looks like 28 degrees in the morning.  The last time I rode down in that temp range even after a HOT bath when I got back I did not stop shivering for 12 hours.  I would love to see the Morini and hear it run though!

Ditto to all of that. Brrrrr.

Hey, never got a report on what happened to the grappa I left at the rally?  Keep anyone warm?   :boozing:

Bill

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »
Ditto to all of that. Brrrrr.

This evening I added a pair of reproduction DB leg shields to the old Ambassador. First ride is encouraging - big pocket of still air from "nose to toes" now. My legs were actually getting warm!

Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »

Offline Howard R

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 08:39:23 AM »
Hey, never got a report on what happened to the grappa I left at the rally?  Keep anyone warm?   :boozing:

Bill

I don't think it survived the night.  But we all did! :boozing:

Some of us (Hey! who are you looking at!  :angry:) have been known to wimp out and arrive on 4 wheels in "uncooperative" weather.  We still have to  :food: !

Howard
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »
This evening I added a pair of reproduction DB leg shields to the old Ambassador. First ride is encouraging - big pocket of still air from "nose to toes" now. My legs were actually getting warm!

Those are great Charlie!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »

I just checked the weather forecast for Jefferson, MD:  only going down to a balmy 34 degrees overnite, up to a comfortable 39 degrees by 9 am, & an absolutely torrid 43 degrees by 10 am is predicted.

JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 09:50:53 AM »
Well, I made an attempt.  Beautiful morning.  But a lowside in the roundabout north of Point of Rocks rudely changed my morning plans. I rode home but the Stelvio will have to be towed to Winchester on Tuesday for a damage estimate. 
Tim

oldbike54

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
 Dangit Tim !

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »
Well, I made an attempt.  Beautiful morning.  But a lowside in the roundabout north of Point of Rocks rudely changed my morning plans. I rode home but the Stelvio will have to be towed to Winchester on Tuesday for a damage estimate.

I hate when that happens.   Intersections are such a bad place for diesel and antifreeze in the road ....

Don't underestimate the "Day After" pain and soreness from hitting the road.   You may feel OK today but be ready for tomorrow, and see a doctor if you need to ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
Got to Ingram's a little before 9 and see all of the "usual suspects" parked off to the side, no other vehicles in the parking lot. WTH? Ingram's is closed up tight, sign on the door says they all went to a wedding today. :angry: Time for Plan B: Lowry's Family Restaurant about 9 miles south at Keep Tryst Rd. and US340.

Rode a little loop over past Harpers Ferry, through Shepherdstown, Sharpsburg and home. 46 degrees here now, mostly cloudy and breezy. Decided to work in the shop the rest of the day and go riding some more mid-week instead.

Sorry to hear about your low-side, HarveyMushman.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:22:38 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Bill Hagan

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »

Rats!  Sand?  I am getting a hitch installed for my p/u tomorrow, but trailer not road-ready yet or I'd offer to take your Stelvio to WMS.  Let me know if you need a hand otherwise.

Here are a few more pix of the event.

Had our first frost last night.  Kathi's in Atlanta, but asked me to cover the flowers down on our "yard art" manure spreader.  She calls it a wagon; I think it the perfect item for a lawyer's place.  :laugh:

It was a cold ride to Ingram's, made especially so by losing the attachment to get one of my heated gloves to work.

Charlie had a plan for the runner-up restaurant a few miles down the road.

Obviously, "Other Brands Welcome!"  :bow:

Meant to see what bourbon that liquor store had, but my mind was focused on breakfast and thawing.

As did the others ...

Lowry's isn't likely to make Southern Living's list of "Don't Miss" restaurants, but I can't complain.  The waitress heated my syrup without rolling her eyes for asking.  :laugh:  And, no, Kathi won't ever see this pic.  :thewife:  BTW, that is not my scrapple.  I swear!

Charlie declares victory ...

As did his Morini ...

It had warmed into the upper 40's, so I took the "long cut" home ...

And let my Norge tell the EV's lies about what a MotoGP kind of rider I am.  :azn:

Oh, and thanks to Howard and all others who spent several minutes looking for my glasses all around the parking lot and inside Lowry's. 

Uhm ... I found them when I got home.   :rolleyes: 

Bill

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 02:10:19 PM »
Was hoping you found your glasses. Glad they weren't actually lost.  :laugh: Mind if I "borrow" some of your photos, Bill?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:13:13 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »
I hate when that happens.   Intersections are such a bad place for diesel and antifreeze in the road ....

Don't underestimate the "Day After" pain and soreness from hitting the road.   You may feel OK today but be ready for tomorrow, and see a doctor if you need to ....

Lannis

I'm fine, thank you.  I wasn't going fast, 2nd gear, and was wearing good gear.  Just a simple lowside.  I went back a couple hours later and there was definitely something in the road.  I ran over it just as I was tipping to the left for the meat of the roundabout. 

The bike has lots of broken and bent bits, but seemed to operate fine on the ride home.

10 year old Hein Gericke jacket, gonna miss it . . .

I'm bummed I missed the breakfast, the (intended) ride home, and the opportunity to ride my Guzzi tomorrow.  Oh, and that I didn't spot the shit in the road in realtime . . . 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:50:57 PM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Bill Hagan

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »

Odd how a "regular" motorcycle, even when quite rideable, looks tragic after it's been dumped.

Yet, a dual-sport such as a Stelvio after a minor crash looks as if it has German saber Schmisse, i.e., "badges of honor." 

Not sure I'd fix all of that.  "Chicks dig scars."   :wink:

Seriously, wishing you -- and your steed -- a rapid recovery.

Bill

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
Odd how a "regular" motorcycle, even when quite rideable, looks tragic after it's been dumped.

Yet, a dual-sport such as a Stelvio after a minor crash looks as if it has German saber Schmisse, i.e., "badges of honor." 

Seriously, wishing you -- and your steed -- a rapid recovery.

Bill

What Bill said - in particular the jacket, definitely keep it for the later exaggerated stories you can tell.

Mark

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »
Sorry for your mishap.  I took that roundabout on my way from the b'fast to home in Gaithersburg, & had planned to take it on the way to b'fast but changed my mind enroute & crossed US 15 a little further north.  I probably would have dumped my bike, too, if I'd gone that way, since I tend to watch for other traffic on roundabouts more than watch the road surface. 
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 05:18:40 AM »

Agreed.  Everything doesn't need to fixed.  :laugh:
Tim

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here