Author Topic: V7 II Stone Colors Inadequate  (Read 31504 times)

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: V7 II Stone Colors Inadequate
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »
Another red 2016! Nice ride down 101 Jim :thumb:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/5124469844.html
Wow! I think that's what the op JimC was looking for. Good find.
Kirk

Vasco DG

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
Jim? Have you informed the dealer you are unemployed? If so perhaps you can understand his skepticism about ordering in a bike. Especially if it is somehow expected to be 'Financed'. Certainly if someone wanted me to order in a bike and I knew they were unemployed unless they came in and paid up-front I'd view them as a dreamer and tyre-kicker. The chances of being given credit to buy virtually anything, never mind a toy, when unemployed in Oz are non existant. You'd just be viewed as too high a risk with no way to repay a loan.

Pete

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2015, 06:29:20 PM »
Now, that is a beautiful bike:

Good thing I didn't see it before buying the Vespa yesterday! (I'm kidding: the Vespa will be of great benefit to my marriage since we can now ride together, on separate but similar bikes/scoots.)
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Penderic

« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:01 AM »
That tank would look really good with a green fuel cap.

:grin:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline Jim C

• Gosling
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2015, 12:58:35 AM »
Jim? Have you informed the dealer you are unemployed?
No, just gave him some cash ($500 USD) for a deposit, and it never came up.
I have enough to pay cash for the bike, so that's not an issue.

Unfortunately, this dealer is no longer a Guzzi dealer, so it doesn't
matter anyway. I went in to look, and all they had was a '15 Stone
(not interested). I don't think they ever wanted to be a Guzzi dealer
anyway, and all they did was complain about requirements to carry
Guzzi. The manager or whoever said he needed the space for more
BMWs. (This place is basically a BMW dealership with Piaggio scooters.)

Anyway, I'll have to look at other options (aka dealers) to get my bike.
2016 Red V7 II Stone

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »

Good thing I didn't see it before buying the Vespa yesterday! (I'm kidding: the Vespa will be of great benefit to my marriage since we can now ride together, on separate but similar bikes/scoots.)

Meh, why even bother, the side covers are black.   :evil:

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
According to the local Piaggio rep, with whom I spoke today, US dealers can now order the V7 II Stone with a glossy red tank. Bam! There you go.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »
Was the rep named Chris?

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2015, 10:07:13 PM »
^ I thought it was Josh. The last name is Kane (or Caine).
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »
One of the reasons I like my 09 Pearl White V7 Classic was that it reminded me of the first new bike I wanted.

I had one of those back in the day, as well as a blue '71. Even toured long distances on them when I was younger and my body was able to take the punishment.

Offline Steph

• Gaggle Hero
  • Cali Stone/ LM3
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2015, 06:02:45 AM »

Yep, and easily sweeten

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2015, 06:45:58 AM »
Yep, and easily sweeten

While you're at it, I'd replicate the 850 LeMans paint on that red bike.  Flat black on top and bottom of the tank, etc. black on sidecovers too.  One thing about a custom paint job - no one else will have one like it.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

akcapwild

« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »
This 2011 interview with Miguel Galuzzi, Director of Design for Piaggio, and thereby Moto Guzzi, has been discussed here on Wildguzzi before (http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=49065.0), but it bears repeating, because here Galuzzi begins to address the subject of color.

As an aside, European and South American men and women have a more integral sense of fashion and design -- and  are less likely to get all insecure and quickly associate color with a lack of masculinity.

The importance of color.
"We are going through a time of color blindness. People want things in black or white and, if they do choose a color, they go for grey.

Working for Aprilia and Guzzi, we don't think like that. We try to push new colors and the orange Stelvio is a good example."

I took that orange Stelvio down some dirt roads in the alps. It was a bit top heavy for the rough stuff, but it sure looked nice.

"Having on center concentrating on the two brands and having that center in Noale, Aprilia has this long history with colors and finish and whatnot. This is also the direction of Guzzi. So, the experimentation with colors that used to be impossible for Guzzi -- is going ahead. The burnt orange was intended for another type of vehicle, but we tried it on the Stelvio and decided this is great. And now it's the best selling Stelvio, because of the color. Color can make the bike be perceived better."

"The way we decide the colors is a big process that starts usually two years before the bike goes into production. We have an interface with people from the fashion world and look at the trends of motorcycles. We try to be as close to the fashion world as it is possible to get, but we first have to develop the colors to see if they work. In the case of the Stelvio and Griso, the colors were developed way ahead of production because they are very special colors that need a special process. Experience with Aprilia helps with this development."

Here is a better link to the interview itself:  https://rideapart.com/articles/miguel-galluzzi-on-the-new-moto-guzzi

According to the interview Galuzzi wasn't responsible for the V7 per se, but rather the V7 Racer.  The Breva, Norge and Stelvio were  all designed by Rodolfo Frascoli, long associated with Marabese Design.  So the V7 itself seems to fall between Galuzzi and Frascoli... I'm curious about who actually designed the "new" V7.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

As an aside, European and South American men and women have a more integral sense of fashion and design --

And I'd believe that if "sense of fashion and design" were something quantifiable or measurable - but it's not.   It's only a matter of taste and opinion; one person's "fashion sense" can't be better or worse than another's, it can only be more "in line" with the opinion of the talking-head fashion critics ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here