Author Topic: Need guidance on used purchase Winner is! Now with PICS.  (Read 28785 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Need guidance on used purchase Winner is!
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »
The price for vehicles have gone up like everything in general but we're not on the gold standard anymore and we get paid more.  The amount we pay for goods vs time involved to earn that money is less. :thumb:  Of course we paid less because we were paid less.  Remember $1.65 as minimum wage???  That was a raise for me. :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

oldbike54

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2015, 05:36:51 PM »
The price for vehicles have gone up like everything in general but we're not on the gold standard anymore and we get paid more.  The amount we pay for goods vs time involved to earn that money is less. :thumb:  Of course we paid less because we were paid less.  Remember $1.65 as minimum wage???  That was a raise for me. :tongue:

Yeah , I remember $1.35 min wage , but gas was 2 bits a gallon around here , and having $5.00 meant a big date on Fri night  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
Yeah , I remember $1.35 min wage , but gas was 2 bits a gallon around here , and having $5.00 meant a big date on Fri night  :laugh:

Dusty

My first date with my wife-to-be, a small cheese pizza was $.95, I sprung for a big extra $.20 for pepperoni and sausage.   We bowled duckpins at the "Crestlanes" bowling alley for $1.50, then went to see "Billy Jack" at $.50 a ticket.   

To top the big evening, we stopped at High's Ice Cream and got two double Swiss Chocolate Almond ice cream cones at $.20 each.

$4.00 and some, and I was making $1.65 an hour, so about 2.5 hours work of work for the date.     Hasn't changed much today ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »
Finally home and post pics.

Drove to Wisconsin this weekend with it.  Had six adults in it several times, all claimed to be comfortable. Six adults and luggage is out though.   Seen 24-27 mpg on highway.  We love this vehicle so far.  :thumb:
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Need guidance on used purchase Winner is! Now with PICS.
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2015, 07:46:39 PM »
 :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2015, 07:50:19 PM »
I get that. We're really happy with it's brother, the WK2 Grand Cherokee. And let's face it, they're both Chrysler versions of an ML.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »
Great mileage (a buddy had an earlier iteration and it sucked gas just on principle it seemed, glad they improved). Enjoy!!
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2015, 08:11:57 PM »
Great mileage (a buddy had an earlier iteration and it sucked gas just on principle it seemed, glad they improved). Enjoy!!

First and second generations were basically Dakotas with permanent toppers with 360's. Like Bigfoot, I have heard of 360's getting good fuel economy, but have never personally seen one.  :laugh:  Third generations are build on an auto chassis versus a truck chassis.  More or less took the place of the Magnum.  This one has variable displacement, which means under load all eight cylinders are feeding. When not under load, only four are feeding. So on level ground it runs as a four cylinder. Really does make a difference in fuel consumption.  But when you step on the happy pedal, things happen, FAST.   :grin:   I'm looking forwad to a Durango with the Hellcat motor and driveline.   :drool: :copcar:
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here