Author Topic: 2017 national rally?  (Read 39576 times)

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
Re: 2017 national rally?
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2016, 08:00:56 PM »
I didn't understand the context in which it was used, though ... does a "taco" please everyone somehow?    I remember the old "Burger King" 'Have it Your Way' ads, but I got rid of my TV soon after ...

Lannis

Of course a taco pleases everybody. Who doesn't love a taco? Even vegetarians will eat a meatless  one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:03:32 PM by travelingbyguzzi »
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2016, 08:21:10 PM »
Of course a taco pleases everybody. Who doesn't love a taco? Even vegetarians will eat a meatless  one.

Well of course.   I love tacos myself.

But I love scrapple, Manx kippers, haggis, and Marmite too, so you can't go by ME ...

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2016, 08:40:49 PM »
I don't get it. The same people that will pay $100.00 plus to go to a sporting event that lasts a couple of hours don't want to pay the full rally fee. I doubt if the sporting events will give you a reduced rate because you only got there for the second half.

A former WildGuzzi member from down around Houston wanted to know if it would be a wild bunch in Lindale, how much gravel on the road, blah blah and I knew he wouldn't make the 200 mile ride from outside of Houston to Lindale.

Tex

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »
I don't get it. The same people that will pay $100.00 plus to go to a sporting event that lasts a couple of hours don't want to pay the full rally fee. I doubt if the sporting events will give you a reduced rate because you only got there for the second half.

A former WildGuzzi member from down around Houston wanted to know if it would be a wild bunch in Lindale, how much gravel on the road, blah blah and I knew he wouldn't make the 200 mile ride from outside of Houston to Lindale.

Tex

Or people that pay $400 for tickets to a Bruce Springsteen or Elton John concert.   I wouldn't pay $20 to watch them both sing AND do a naked toe dance together on the stage.

I had forgotten that our friend from Houston wasn't on the list any more.

The great majority of Guzzisti, however, pay the costs cheerfully and ride great distances in terrible conditions (if necessary) to foregather with their compatriots.   I wonder sometimes, though, about the ones who "won't leave my driveway without my GPS anymore, I depend on it so much ...." (emojis not working today, imagine a wink here).

Lannis   

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2016, 09:19:02 PM »
Rally prices fluctuate greatly depending on the park fees.  Are the meals catered or made by members.  The biggest variable.......how many are coming!!!  Extra Knives and forks can be used next year but extra meat/fish is money lost.
I can hold a rally for $35.00 or $50.00....... Which location do you want?
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Fuzzy

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2016, 10:12:15 PM »

Tex

What does any of that have to do with not wanting to pay his fair share? He may have been persnickety about his comfort, but I never got the impression he was trying to take advantage of anyone in any way. Maybe it is time to leave him alone.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »
Nick Names

Tuco

and Landis

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2016, 01:21:35 AM »
Last time it was near there was the South Dakota National in Hill City.  Nice KOA campground.  Biggest one I've seen also the scene of the Saturday night rally fights.  :tongue: 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2016, 06:18:45 AM »
Nick Names

Tuco

Here's a Landis that could square off with Tuco, I'll wager ....

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2016, 08:20:04 AM »
Rally prices fluctuate greatly depending on the park fees.  Are the meals catered or made by members.  The biggest variable.......how many are coming!!!  Extra Knives and forks can be used next year but extra meat/fish is money lost.
I can hold a rally for $35.00 or $50.00....... Which location do you want?

John if your volunteering Mn to host the next national ,my suggestion would be for the Money Creek site, much easier to get to and a lot more room for camping. But it wouldn't have the advantage of Grand Maria, or  the locale amenities with in walking distance.
Just a thought.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2016, 09:27:19 AM »
Last time it was near there was the South Dakota National in Hill City.  Nice KOA campground.  Biggest one I've seen also the scene of the Saturday night rally fights.  :tongue:

huge campground at Rafter J

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/south-dakota/hill-city
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »

John, if your volunteering MN to host the next national, my suggestion would be for the Money Creek site, much easier to get to and a lot more room for camping. But it wouldn't have the advantage of Grand Marias, or  the local amenities with in walking distance.  Just a thought. 

Personally,  I would prefer Grand Marais.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the rallies at that site the last two years.  However, I do agree that increasing the group size from <100 to upwards of 200/250 would definitely tax not only the areas for camping but the bathroom/shower facilities as well.  If the rally is held there, I would suggest the use of a few Port-A-Potties would help that situation.

Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2016, 01:44:36 PM »
Money Creek.............. ......hope the folks that own the RV park where the National was last held have recovered from the flood.  The 2 towns near there and the river had flood damage too.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »

John if your volunteering Mn to host the next national.

NO Sir to that one.  We're a small, 75 person venue.
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2016, 05:34:32 PM »
NO Sir to that one.  We're a small, 75 person venue.   

Good for you John.  I'm looking forward to next year in Grand Marais.  It's a small event but a really good event.  Next year I'm going up over the top of Lake Superior through Canada.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2016, 09:47:26 AM »
The last National I rode to was in in Malibu, CA 2008, when I lived in NORCAL! (Geeez...was that really 8 years ago?!?)  Would love to ride to another one in the near future.  A few photos from that ride. :thumb: :cool: :1:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

LaMojo

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
Northern Arkansas would be a more central location to everyone.   

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2016, 11:08:41 AM »

Actually, not a bad recommendation!  About 1115 miles one way (easy two days) for me! :cool: :1: :thumb:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »

A short ride for you Jack. Sounds good though.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone here Frank Wedge, the honcho of MGNOC decides where  it's at and you have to be a  member to have any say in this ?   :undecided:   Or do you all just like to blow smoke?   Be thankful  you don't have to be a MGNOC member to participate in their rally.

Frank never announces where the next National rally will be until after January 1.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:03:37 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2016, 01:00:39 PM »
Err, I guess you're technically correct, but it seems to me the last couple years there has been a dearth of people wanting to put on the Nat.   More like Frank has been hoping someone would come forward to put it on, rather that he and his "members" authorizing it!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

LaMojo

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2016, 02:03:57 PM »
I've been a MGNOC member now since 1999, shortly after I bought my '98 EV.   The Griffiths were the Louisiana reps then and put on some great rallies.  After they were no longer able to serve as reps,  I VOLUNTEERED to serve after a few years of having no reps.  During that time, I put on some rallies to give riders a place to meet for the weekend.  Except for some donations, expenses came out of my pocket.  But I didn't mind- glad to do it for members and nonmembers alike.

Up to now, I had no idea that I had a voice as to where the National Rallies were to be held or that some people on this board regarded us members as being lowlife.   

LaMojo

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2016, 02:07:09 PM »
A short ride for you Jack. Sounds good though.

Dean

That would be a long ride for me now Dean.  Coming to the Swamp Scooters Rally?

oldbike54

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »
I've been a MGNOC member now since 1999, shortly after I bought my '98 EV.   The Griffiths were the Louisiana reps then and put on some great rallies.  After they were no longer able to serve as reps,  I VOLUNTEERED to serve after a few years of having no reps.  During that time, I put on some rallies to give riders a place to meet for the weekend.  Except for some donations, expenses came out of my pocket.  But I didn't mind- glad to do it for members and nonmembers alike.

Up to now, I had no idea that I had a voice as to where the National Rallies were to be held or that some people on this board regarded us members as being lowlife.

Jack , I don't believe anyone here thinks a MGNOC member is a lowlife , and if they do , well , shame on them . However , the reverse is also true , not being a member does not exclude anyone from being a member of the family .

Really , these member/non member discussions are counter productive , if an individual chooses to belong , that is great , if not , that is OK also .

Dusty

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2016, 03:52:32 PM »
Unfortunately, some forum members think that both are interchangeable.  Which they're not.  As discussed, they complain about the price of attendance at a rally. 

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2016, 04:30:51 PM »
That would be a long ride for me now Dean.  Coming to the Swamp Scooters Rally?

I'm still healing up from my getoff down in North Carolina. I'm hoping to make Swamp Scooter though.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2016, 05:25:17 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone here Frank Wedge, the honcho of MGNOC decides where  it's at and you have to be a  member to have any say in this ?   :undecided:   Or do you all just like to blow smoke?   Be thankful  you don't have to be a MGNOC member to participate in their rally.

Frank never announces where the next National rally will be until after January 1.

the National could be a Not A Rally.
John L 

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2016, 06:37:55 PM »
the National could be a Not A Rally.

How many riders do you think would show up then?  How would the rally organizer know how much stuff (incl. food) to have for X participants ?  For those who have never put on a rally, there are more issues to deal with than I bet you realize.  There are logistics and X  costs up front. It's a good education on how a business operates.

oldbike54

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2016, 06:40:15 PM »
Unfortunately, some forum members think that both are interchangeable.  Which they're not.  As discussed, they complain about the price of attendance at a rally.

Tom , once again , that is not a true statement . There is no connection between WG or the MGNOC, except that some of the board members do belong to the club . Seriously doubt that any WG members think a membership here is also a club membership . The only connection , and this is because of the nature of WG , is the promotion of club rallies here . The two entities are mutually exclusive other than that .

Dusty

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:40 PM »
Tom , once again , that is not a true statement . There is no connection between WG or the MGNOC, except that some of the board members do belong to the club . Seriously doubt that any WG members think a membership here is also a club membership . The only connection , and this is because of the nature of WG , is the promotion of club rallies here . The two entities are mutually exclusive other than that .

Dusty

The other connecton is WG members are allowed to go to MGNOC events too.  Many bike organizations you can't go to their events unless you are also a member of their club.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here