Author Topic: Almost that time again !  (Read 38519 times)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Almost that time again !
« on: May 17, 2017, 03:47:54 PM »
Hey to any blokes in the U.K. and regarding this years Nordkapp trip on the Norge. It's not too late if anyone wants to take a short ride from Dover to Nordkapp starting around August 7 or so. I'll be at Heathrow on the 2nd and visiting a bit then down to Dover. For any continental European members, I can arrange to meet under the clock tower in Calais at midday on the 7th or something like that and do a short ride to the tip of Norway. I guarantee if you're on time, I'll have your cappuccino waiting and hot !!! I'll be heading South after that down to Sicily for a look at Mount Etna and then thrash around in France, Spain and Italy etc. Hi to the guys around London who have offered hospitality, you may regret it...

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
Re: Almost that time again !
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »
Hi hu

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »
Hi hu

Hi yourself mate, what are you doing on the forum at this odd hour !!

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »
Whoops hit the reply early. I could be up for that trip. Just finalised buying a B11 in the UK and planning that trip. Let's talk

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
Just starting the day here

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 04:11:09 PM »
Whoops hit the reply early. I could be up for that trip. Just finalised buying a B11 in the UK and planning that trip. Let's talk

Nah just joking about the "odd hour". You wanna PM me your mobile and I'll call you between midnight and 5am Australian time, 3pm to 8pm for you I think. Sounds damn interesting. Where are you in U.K. ? Contact me here throughout the day though by all means. I'm heading out for a couple of hours to do a message but stay in touch.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:13:59 PM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 04:15:21 PM »
Just starting the day here

It's 7am in Creswick (near Melbourne), so you are in Oz also ?

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
Im in Melbourne I get to the uk 27 June.  I'll pm you.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:08 PM »

Yep got your cell # Will call you after your work

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »

Hi Ozzie. How's your plan going for Nordkapp ?

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 06:19:30 PM »
Hi huzzo going well. All packed fly out Monday week. Just have to sort out insurance for the bike in the UK. Easier said than done but I'll her there. Going up to Scotland till 20 July. Then service the bike and across to Europe. Thinking the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. Let's keep in touch

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 02:14:02 AM »
 :bike-037:c
Hi huzzo going well. All packed fly out Monday week. Just have to sort out insurance for the bike in the UK. Easier said than done but I'll her there. Going up to Scotland till 20 July. Then service the bike and across to Europe. Thinking the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. Let's keep in touch

I use Tourinsure, easy to deal with and always answer their phone. Might hear from you when in U.K. I'm arriving Aug 2 and probably depart Calais around Aug 6 ish. You'll be a couple of weeks ahead of me but we'll see what occurs. Might catch you on your way back down, all do able with wi fi and Tom Tom or Garmin. See ya'
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:18:38 AM by Huzo »

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
Huzzo, got my UK breva sorted, insured, taxed and on the go. I'm doing a shake down tour of Scotland to check I'd all out. Then back to the people looking after me in Stoke, service the bike and over to Europe. Around 27 July. Thinking ferry from Hull to Rotterdam rather than south to Dover. I'll be a little ahead of you,but let's plan a rendezvous

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 03:09:19 PM »
Huzzo, got my UK breva sorted, insured, taxed and on the go. I'm doing a shake down tour of Scotland to check I'd all out. Then back to the people looking after me in Stoke, service the bike and over to Europe. Around 27 July. Thinking ferry from Hull to Rotterdam rather than south to Dover. I'll be a little ahead of you,but let's plan a rendezvous

Will be interested to hear about the ferry alternative Hull to Rotterdam. I have always done the Dover /Calais thing, but some sense in your idea. Dunno....Have been told my Norge is on the floor ready to go in London so nearly there !

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
Will be interested to hear about the ferry alternative Hull to Rotterdam. I have always done the Dover /Calais thing, but some sense in your idea. Dunno....Have been told my Norge is on the floor ready to go in London so nearly there !
I haven't booked the ferry yet but look like about gbp 250 one way. Hull is close to Stoke. So I'm figuring I'm going to save Just on 2 days riding and fuel by doing the ferry. Any local knowledge appreciated though

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 07:40:40 PM »
I haven't booked the ferry yet but look like about gbp 250 one way. Hull is close to Stoke. So I'm figuring I'm going to save Just on 2 days riding and fuel by doing the ferry. Any local knowledge appreciated though

That's always a decision to make , but I guess you can make the case that you're there to ride your bike primarily. Soooooo.. I take the line that you've got 250 quid to put through the Breva and see that part of England, although having said that, ferries are exciting things too. Definitely a first world problem. Yeah look, the ride from Calais to Rotterdam isn't that great in itself, but stuff always happens to make it ok. I did look into Felixstowe to Hook of Holland but then thought... Nah. I just bloody love that descent down the hill into Dover and that first glimpse of the English Channel is always a slap in the face moment. That's what I 'm definitely gunna do.. Unless I change my mind, which I won't... or maybe I will.. or ?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:14:56 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 01:24:51 AM »

Are you doing the Atlantic Road ? It's spectacular and the diversion to Lofoten is worth it. About 10 k before Svolvaer there's a camping ground on the left and the people are really cool. I'll forward an e mail of theirs to you so you'll have it for your information. Tell them I'm ok and may see them soon. Coming back down from the Nordkapp via East Coast of Sweden to Uppsala is boring as bat shit but it is faster if that's your desire. Of all the places you MUST see on the way up, Geiranger is the duck's guts and you drop from 4,000 odd feet, to sea level (it's a fjord) VERY VERY quickly, be bloody careful, I was there 4 days before the Summer solstice and the road was ICE !!!

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 04:59:05 AM »

Are you on continental Europe yet Ozzie ?

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »
Are you on continental Europe yet Ozzie ?
No Huzo, I'm back in Stoke planning on getting the ferry across from Newcastle to Amsterdam on the 25th.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 03:30:40 PM »
No Huzo, I'm back in Stoke planning on getting the ferry across from Newcastle to Amsterdam on the 25th.

Sorry Oz. If I'd checked back a bit I wouldn't have needed to be told again. Did you meet Old Jock in Glasgee ?

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »
No didn't meet up with him sort of had time occupied. Went the thing GB guzzi club uno cylindri day today met Selena and Paul amongst others

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
No didn't meet up with him sort of had time occupied. Went the thing GB guzzi club uno cylindri day today met Selena and Paul amongst others

Fantastic ! Paul's doing well by all accounts, not embarrassed to say, I love that bloke!

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 09:30:11 AM »
Huzo, booked the ferry for the night. Cost GBP186. Not bad when you consider it's overnight accommodation, breakfast and for me being up north a few tanks of fuel to get down to Dover and the up to Holland from Calais. That's my reckoning anyway.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
Huzo, booked the ferry for the night. Cost GBP186. Not bad when you consider it's overnight accommodation, breakfast and for me being up north a few tanks of fuel to get down to Dover and the up to Holland from Calais. That's my reckoning anyway.

If you just wanna get started on the Denmark/ Norway thing with no more rooting around, there's no arguing with the logic. I just love that descent into Dover though, parking on the footpath and buying that ticket. "Thank you Sir, lane 186" ... 8 days to go !!!

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 01:22:41 PM »
Well I'm sure I will do it one day. Let's make sure our paths cross somewhere in Scandinavia

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
 :bike-037:
Well I'm sure I will do it one day. Let's make sure our paths cross somewhere in Scandinavia

Damn right !

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »
Where are you Ozzie, and where to for you after Sweden etc...

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »
Huzo, in Hirtshals will catch the ferry to Oslo on Monday. Stop there for a few days the off again. I have some friends in southern Germany so that's the next destination after Scandinavia. To some Alps riding.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »
Huzo, in Hirtshals will catch the ferry to Oslo on Monday. Stop there for a few days the off again. I have some friends in southern Germany so that's the next destination after Scandinavia. To some Alps riding.

Good view from the lighthouse if memory serves. Ok, stay safe. 2 days.

Offline Ozrider58

• New Egg
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 04:09:21 PM »
Good to hear mate good flight

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here