Author Topic: Griso clutch master cylinder push rod  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
Griso clutch master cylinder push rod
« on: February 08, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
Is that what this thing is called? It's the adjustable pin in the clutch lever that actually operates the hydraulics. Mine was coming loose, and I was getting clutch drag and trouble getting neutral at a standstill. So I took it all apart, adjusted it and re-tightened the grub screw to lock it. It's all working - for now. But the threads on the pin are very worn. and the post in the lever that the pin screws into is aso very worn indeed. There's a worrying amount of play - it's flopping about like a sausage in the Mersey Tunnel. I've greased it up, which should slow the wear, but I would really like a new one.

Has anyone got a part number, or any other inspirational ideas to identify and locate this thing, which appears to be made from 100% unobtanium. Can't see it on the Fowlers microfiche. it must be a Brembo part, right? I suspect it's used on a whole range of European bikes. But what is it, and where can I get one? I'd rather not buuy a whole lever, as I have a couple of good spares. One has a push-rod, but someone has lost the grub screw, and used epoxy to keep it is place. Yawn.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Griso clutch master cylinder push rod
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 09:07:34 AM »
They come with epoxy on the grub screw, new on bike. Others have done this, I did a Griso once BUT I had the parts, don't know where boss got them.
Try a search
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 09:08:59 AM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 09:28:24 AM »

Looks like the lever assy is available... 981046 Silver 114.00 ...AP8118659  Gold...112.00  Cadre cycle shows the breakdown in their parts Fiche

https://cadrecycle.com/

Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »
  Looks like the lever assy is available... 981046 Silver 114.00 ...AP8118659  Gold...112.00  Cadre cycle shows the breakdown in their parts Fiche

https://cadrecycle.com/

Thats the same diagram as Fowlers use. The pin isn't shown, so difficult to see if it is included with the lever assembly. Here's the part.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:36:06 AM by Trogladyte »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »

Online RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 12:26:49 PM »

As you say, it doesn't show it and you may have to search Brembo's site to find it. Know a good machinist? Plan B.

A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Moto

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 12:38:27 PM »
Check eBay for item number 274166448077, clutch lever pressure pin griso.

I just bought one from the same seller.

EDIT: The item is supplied with the parts shown in the photo above, for $22 plus $6 shipping from Germany. It may have taken a couple of weeks to arrive. I wasn't in a hurry to get it, since I bought it to have as a spare.

Moto
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:53:34 PM by Moto »

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 05:09:38 PM »
Check eBay for item number 274166448077, clutch lever pressure pin griso.

I just bought one from the same seller.

EDIT: The item is supplied with the parts shown in the photo above, for $22 plus $6 shipping from Germany. It may have taken a couple of weeks to arrive. I wasn't in a hurry to get it, since I bought it to have as a spare.

Moto

Thanks. I just bought the last one they had in stock. It feels like a lot of £$£$ for a tiny little part, which is hardly precision engineering. But it is critical, and I'm glad to be getting a new one!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 05:56:38 PM by Trogladyte »

Offline Charles

• New Egg
  • Guzzi goodness
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 10:12:31 AM »
Thanks. I just bought the last one they had in stock. It feels like a lot of £$£$ for a tiny little part, which is hardly precision engineering. But it is critical, and I'm glad to be getting a new one!

I know this thread is a bit old but can anyone provide info for a supplier (website) of this pin/plunger assembly. Trying to find the same. No luck on ebay.
Thanks.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here