Author Topic: Brakepedal for Lemans mk3  (Read 6540 times)

finkster

Brakepedal for Lemans mk3
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »
Hello!

I am a newbie in this forum. I have had my Lemans 850 mk3 for a year and I want to use the original footrest with brakepedals and shifterarm. I dont have them, since they did´nt come with the bike. I have found a shifterarm, but it is pretty hard to find af brakearm. And one that is not really expensive.

So my question is. Can I use brakearms/pedals from other Guzzi models, and which ones?

Regards, Søren

Offline Pancake

• Gosling
    • www.dominicsnow.com
Re: Brakepedal for Lemans mk3
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »
I've got the Lemans 3 set up on my Spada 2 but unfortunately I don't have the brake lever. I've tried three places, so far to no avail. I'm sure they must be available. I am using a standard Spada 2 brake lever which is ok but I'd prefer it if it was lower, as the Lemans 3 one would be.
May all beings be happy

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
I have one and the left side bracket too
the right side, brake, bracket is cast aluminum as is the brake pedal, the footpeg is steel
the pedal pivots on the peg and activates the rear master cylinder via a joint and rod
its from a 1983 LM.

is this what you are looking for?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:01:41 PM by drlapo »

kidneb

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:21:43 PM »
 Here you go ;       

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fusbremshebel-Bremshebel-fur-Moto-Guzzi-LM-3-/261708452900?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item3cef0a1424

If you`re hoping to find a cheaper one, I believe you`re going to wait for a long time.

"Versankostenangabe ist für Deutschland, andere Länder bitte vorher erfragen."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:21:43 PM »

kidneb

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:29:16 PM »
the right side, brake, bracket is cast aluminum as is the brake pedal, -

The brake pedal is drop-forged steel.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:25:02 PM by kidneb »

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »
MG must have used  a few different set ups
the set I have is from an 83 LMIII; orignal equipment
the bike was sold with Torozzi rear sets on it  so I stil have the OEM stuff

finkster

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
Hello again

Thanks for the very swift help everyone  :)

Kidneb - thank you for the link  ;-T. I have searched ebay myself, but apparently not thourough enough. I have already sent for the brake lever.

Drlapo - I have the right and left side brackets  (they came as parts with the bike) and now I have the brakelever, and the gearshifter. Now i only need the links going from the gearshifter to the gearbox. Do you have these links, are you willing to sell them, and how much would they be?

Cheers, Søren

Offline Pancake

• Gosling
    • www.dominicsnow.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 08:10:25 AM »
Here you go ;       

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fusbremshebel-Bremshebel-fur-Moto-Guzzi-LM-3-/261708452900?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item3cef0a1424

I had a look at this and it seems to be identical to the one I have on my bike, the same as an SP2. The LM3 one curves downwards considerably whereas this one (and mine) just have a slight bend. It means that if you are leaned forwards you need to lift your foot to put it on the brake - or at least that is the case for me.
May all beings be happy

kidneb

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »
I had a look at this and it seems to be identical to the one I have on my bike, the same as an SP2. The LM3 one curves downwards considerably whereas this one (and mine) just have a slight bend. It means that if you are leaned forwards you need to lift your foot to put it on the brake - or at least that is the case for me.

Looks like you are right Pancake man !  I didn`t notice that, I just saw the LM 3 title. So now I`m guilty of finkster having wasted hard earned money on a falsely described item ! :(

Sorry about that finkster ! Can you cancel the deal ?

Went past my garage today (couple km away from where I live) and took a closer look and a pic of the pedal :

Offline guzzi ride

• "One more day I find myself alive Tomorrow maybe go beneath the ground" Garcia/Hunter
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »
Just saw one on e-bay from Greece.

finkster

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 03:17:36 AM »
Yes I have bought the brakepedal and it is shipped now. I too had my foucs on the advert headline. But no worries I will try try to make it work for me somehow :-).

Finkster

Offline Matt

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
Until recently I had a set of early SP1000 (same as LMI/II) controls, a spare LMIII shift lever and a complete set of LMIII controls in my pile, I didn't compare them  :-[

I'm down to the full LMIII set for the T-3 project now.

LeMans IV/V and 1000S levers won't work, T-3 levers would be too long but possibly adequate, early LeMans/SP1000 would probably be your best bet.

I keep forgetting this stuff is unobtainium and I should keep it...I'm too anti-clutter. 

Matt
Everett, WA
Guzzi bit
1250 Bandit
SV650

Offline Pancake

• Gosling
    • www.dominicsnow.com
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »
The one you have ordered will work, mine does.  I would prefer top have the LMIII one with more drop on it though.
May all beings be happy

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 02:17:26 PM »
all my parts are sold

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here